Sign in to follow this  
amtran8454

Trading out of #1 spot advice

A little advice here please. 14 team league. PPR

If trading into a spot 8 or above, straight up is not an option. What would be good compensation for the #1 pick? I'm thinking 2 rounds revert back to original pick. Maybe 4th and 6th. Is that asking too much? out of my mind? Thanks

Depends what pick you are.  But generally 1 [1] +28 [2] = 14 [1]+15 [2] +71 [6].  If you want to throw in 42 [4] as well, that most likely makes it too disadvantageous to you.  Anything 3-6 + swapping rounds 1 and 2 is value for the #1 pick guy to begin with.  So if you want the top pick and are willing to throw some advantage to them in trade for it, swapping your 1-2 and adding a 4 or 5 is probably where your offer should be.  

Team with 8th spot is willing to trade for my 1. But, he wants to do it straight up. Not too keen on that. I'd be willing to trade out of #1 spot for his 8 spot for the entirety of the draft with the exception of a couple of rounds.

1 minute ago, amtran8454 said:

Team with 8th spot is willing to trade for my 1. But, he wants to do it straight up. Not too keen on that. I'd be willing to trade out of #1 for his 8 for then entirety of the draft with the exception of a couple of rounds

I would only do that if you really want to make sure you get someone you want in the second, like Chubb. Or be able to get whatever rb drops and then a top tierish receiver in the second

Agreed.  Swapping positions is pretty bad for you as 8/14 isn't the best spot to begin with.  I'd at least want a 6th rounder to make up the difference - a 4th or 5th preferably. 

Just looking at ADP youd drop from

RB1 + [RB13,WR12,TE2] + [RB14,WR13,TE2] to

RB6/WR3 + [RB10-12, WR8-10, TE1-2] + [RB20,WR16,TE3]

This drops you a tier at almost every position in the top 3 rounds.  The only way you come out ahead is if you happen to get a top 10 RB with your round 2 pick - or if you really like the round 2 TE play.  Otherwise the quality at 2.06 is about the same as 2.14 - in the same general tier at least.  So that's giving up a top RB pick for very little gain on your end.

I agree with the general consensus.

In general a #1 overall is usually worth  2 first round picks, but then again that may also depend on what slots those picks are.

alternatively, it can be worth a first, a second, a third and (depending on the quality of the #1 overall player) likely a later pick as well in the same or future drafts.

Rationale here is that a mid first round pick is usually worth a 2nd and third or second and fourth round pick depending on where in round 1 that first round pick is.

keep in mind, this is my own valuation.

in general, it is usually in your best interest to use your #1 overall pick for yourself.   Just my opinion.