Sign in to follow this  
cavern

Hunter Renfrow. Starting WR

I was checking the Raiders initial depth chart today.  for something completely different - i wanted to see if the raiders were already listing Jacobs as the starter at RB (they are) and something jumped off the page as being noteworthy.

Hunter Renfrow is listed as a starting wideout.

i know there is alot of volatility associated with this team.  but surely there are deep leagues and dynasty leagues where this is relevant.  i guess he's caught someone's eye or something

just thought it worth a mention 

• Like 1

likely it means nothing.   

Sometimes coaches will move players up or down the depth charts to motovate them.    occasionally as a form of discipline as well.

it likely means he is having a good camp, but it could also mean some of the higher ranked WR's have drawn the ire of the coach.  

16 minutes ago, Brutal Brutus said:

I've heard he's run away with the slot position. 

Brown and Williams have the outside spots, and Renfrow is running in the slot.

Not bad for a rookie picked in the 5th round

well, we shall see if he continues with it.

Right now hes running against weaker competition.

as cuts get made, the level of competition will increase throughout camp.   the key would be whether he can keep up the same level of play as those cuts are made.

I do hope he wins the competition for the slot position.  but odds are good that he may be a year away from being a starter.

20 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

well, we shall see if he continues with it.

Right now hes running against weaker competition.

as cuts get made, the level of competition will increase throughout camp.   the key would be whether he can keep up the same level of play as those cuts are made.

I do hope he wins the competition for the slot position.  but odds are good that he may be a year away from being a starter.

I'm not sure how the competition is going to increase after cuts. Unless they bring someone in, he's going to be going against the same group of receivers. That group, after Brown and Williams, is a really uninspiring group. It's doesn't really matter for fantasy purposes, I just don't follow the logic. Rookies typically don't ascend to the top of the depth chart until the end of camp.

On 8/13/2019 at 11:46 AM, cavern said:

I was checking the Raiders initial depth chart today.  for something completely different - i wanted to see if the raiders were already listing Jacobs as the starter at RB (they are) and something jumped off the page as being noteworthy.

Hunter Renfrow is listed as a starting wideout.

i know there is alot of volatility associated with this team.  but surely there are deep leagues and dynasty leagues where this is relevant.  i guess he's caught someone's eye or something

just thought it worth a mention 

In retrospect this is definitely interesting...

Jim Nagy‏Verified account @JimNagy_SB

Smart fantasy owners are adding Hunter Renfrow right now. He could catch 90-100 balls from the slot with AB gone. No joke.

7:12 AM - 7 Sep 2019

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-released-breaking-down-the-raiders-young-receivers-and-2019-options-at-the-position/

1 minute ago, stonewall said:

Jim Nagy‏Verified account @JimNagy_SB

Smart fantasy owners are adding Hunter Renfrow right now. He could catch 90-100 balls from the slot with AB gone. No joke.

7:12 AM - 7 Sep 2019

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-released-breaking-down-the-raiders-young-receivers-and-2019-options-at-the-position/

Did the Raiders just sign a new QB?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beyond Chaos said:

Did the Raiders just sign a new QB?

No, but they do currently have a checkdown king....

Just now, stonewall said:

No, but they do currently have a checkdown king....

That is true.  I'm stll not confident he can do that to 1 guy 90-100+ times accurately.

*At least not now, maybe a few years ago, but he's not the same QB he was looking like he was going to be.  Maybe he turns it back around this year.