Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

This whole stock market vs presidency thing... is really much to it?

I mean, I could throw out correlations too. 

"Since 1980, the number of school shootings has went up, so has the stock market"   So, school shootings drive the market.  

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019/business/stock-market-by-president/index.html

I mean....the market is gonna crash over the next 10 years most likely, and someone is gonna be president, and voila...the next president is gonna be in line for it to shoot up and say "Hey! Look what I did!"

Short term, yes.  Long term, the engine is going to keep chugging away no matter who is president.

The Fed is the one that really dictates what rich investors might do.  The debate is whether the President has influence over the Fed. 

7 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

The Fed is the one that really dictates what rich investors might do.  The debate is whether the President has influence over the Fed. 

The Fed controlling interest rates isn't the only thing that effects it though.  The recent tariffs for example.

5 minutes ago, Kanil said:

The Fed controlling interest rates isn't the only thing that effects it though.  The recent tariffs for example.

I don't disagree.  Says volumes about how much influence that dirt cheap products from China can have on our stock market.  A correction was obviously needed. And in this case, Trump did have some say.