Sign in to follow this  
fatguylittlecoat

Need Local Intel on Darrell Henderson and David Montgomery / Mike Davis

LA / Chicago , 

If Gurley goes down, will it be the rookie to carry the majority of the load or will it be a timeshare with Malcom Brown ?  Also, who is going to be the 3 down back in Chicago, Montgomery or Davis ?  Davis is ahead on the depth chart.  Thanks !  

If Gurley goes down you're not going to see Darrel Henderson throwing down between the tackles 15+ times a game. He would become heavily involved in the pass game though. 

The Bears and the city are already in love with Monty. Personally, I think it will be a bit of a cluster for fantasy. If Nagy tries taking the ball out of Cohens hands to feed Montgomery I am going to be one disgruntled fan. I don't care how hard monty runs, cohen is one of the most dynamic guys in the league with the ball in his hands. Also, Nagy isn't as good as people think. He likes to get conservative late in games and just pray the Bears win instead of going for the jugular. Still, it should mean some serious grinding for Montgomery. 

Davis is a legit back. I would be very happy to see a 5050 split between him and Montgomery. 

The bears situation remind me of Cleveland last year with Hyde and Chubb.  It's a matter of WHEN not IF the rookie takes over this season.

2 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

The bears situation remind me of Cleveland last year with Hyde and Chubb.  It's a matter of WHEN not IF the rookie takes over this season.

Does Cohen still get his when the take over is complete? Or do you see Cohen being phased out as well?

The rookie as the most talent of bunch and should be the rb1. 

But I think all three will rotate based on how the game goes. 

3 hours ago, Brutal Brutus said:

Does Cohen still get his when the take over is complete? Or do you see Cohen being phased out as well?

I hope not for the sake of the teams success. If Nagy pulls that shlt then you know, for a fact, that he isn't that good of an offensive mind. He already did that when the Bears lost in the post season. He should have come out and directly said I screwed up by not getting Cohen involved more. Tiquan Mizzell over Cohen? Come the F on. No head coach should be dumb enough to do that

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

The rookie as the most talent of bunch and should be the rb1. 

But I think all three will rotate based on how the game goes. 

:thumbsup:  Most likely this is the scenario.

Most coaches dont trust the rookie enough until they prove themselves.   this could take anywhere from half a season up to the end of the year to happen.

There are rare cases when it happens immediatly, but this is the exception and not the rule.   Usually when it does happen, its because the Rookie is good in terms of blitz pickup coming out of the gate or when the talent is so high that the team cannot afford not to play him immediately (Sequon Barkley)   

At this point I havnt done a ton of research into this situation so I cannot tell you if this is the case (or not) but if you have already done some research, you likely already have an idea as to whether this is the situation.