MDC

Is the blue lives matter flag a desecration of the US flag?

Down at the shore this week and I’m seeing a lot of those flags that are like the US flag but with no red, all dark blue / navy and a thin royal blue line - blue lives matter flag.

Isnt this a desecration of the US flag at worst and in violation of US flag code / unpatriotic at best? :dunno:

It’s a totally different flag / sticker.  Looks nothing like the American Flag whatsoever 

Isn't it just it's own thing but looks like the American flag?  The only way I see it as desecrating the flag is if someone actually paints a line on their American flag.

Just now, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

Although I support the police, you have a valid point. I know I'll be pissed when they do the same thing only in rainbow. 

People should be able to make their own flag however they want as long as they are not altering the actual American flag.  There are sports team flags that look similar to the American flag but it's not the same thing and therefore I don't think there is anything wrong with it.

What kind of deranged piece of shite loser is on vacation with his family and feels the need to start a troll thread on a low rent message board that is a poor attempt at bashing law enforcement and the flag?

Just know that while you are playing keyboard warrior your wife is guzzling the jizz of those cops.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

It’s a totally different flag / sticker.  Looks nothing like the American Flag whatsoever 

It’s the exact same flag with different colors. :unsure: 

8 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

No

I think some might feel that it is.

Others might be less inclined to lament that usage.

I think I am ok with it, so long as it is not being used in a way that might appear to be dishonoring the flag since it represents both the greatest nation this world has ever known AND the men and women who died to secure this great nation.

Depends on who's doing it.  If it's the left, it should be celebrated.  If it's the right, they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

25 minutes ago, Mr. Hand said:

And that bothers you?

Not really. Just asking whether people find it unpatriotic / offensive out of curiosity. 

10 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Left says. Burning the actual flag is good

left says. Honoring officers with a flag that resembles the American flag is bad

Both disrespectful.

Neither should be illegal.

34 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Technically, yes. 

Do I care? No.

I think most here would agree. But as mentioned, when the rainbow version comes out, or the different shades of green Muslim America flag comes, you know the reaction will not be the same at all. 

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I think most here would agree. But as mentioned, when the rainbow version comes out, or the different shades of green Muslim America flag comes, you know the reaction will not be the same at all. 

Right.

Because most LEO’s deserve some level of respect for putting their lives on the line every day to protect the rest of us.  This includes gay or Muslim LEO’s. 

But altering the flag just to celebrate your religion or sexuality isn’t really the same thing. 

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

Right.

Because most LEO’s deserve some level of respect for putting their lives on the line every day to protect the rest of us.  This includes gay or Muslim LEO’s. 

But altering the flag just to celebrate your religion or sexuality isn’t really the same thing. 

Oh I agree completely. I'm just saying, be careful with being ok with American flag reboots. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

Right.

People alter the flag to be whatever it is they like.  I've seen it for sports teams, fishing, hunting and other hobbies.

Just now, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Oh I agree completely. I'm just saying, be careful with being ok with American flag reboots. 

Yep. Today it's to show support of the cops. Tomorrow it will be Kaitlyn Jenner's face superimposed over it. 

The flag is important, but it's not sacred.  Anyone has the right to deface the flag anyway they want.  But...

• If they change it to blue/navy with a blue line across it to show they appreciate law enforcement, that's NOT terrible and I'm glad people are showing love for one of the toughest jobs in the world.
  • If they do something like burn it, it's their right, but it IS terrible and I think that person is a focking sh1theel.

There's a difference.

10 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Anyone has the right to deface the flag anyway they want.  

I disagree. 

52 minutes ago, Kanil said:

The flag is important, but it's not sacred.  Anyone has the right to deface the flag anyway they want.  But...

• If they change it to blue/navy with a blue line across it to show they appreciate law enforcement, that's NOT terrible and I'm glad people are showing love for one of the toughest jobs in the world.
  • If they do something like burn it, it's their right, but it IS terrible and I think that person is a focking sh1theel.

There's a difference.

I support their right to the freedom to be disrespectful of the flag, and I have the right to point them out as repugnant filth for doing it.

The black, white and blue flag is not the american flag

Nor is the black white w/red line

Nor is the rainbow homo flag the us flag.

Nor is a t-shirt with a flag design a flag.

Taking an actual US flag and painting a blue line on it is wrong. Cutting up a US flag and making into an article of clothing is also wrong.

HTH

• Like 1

In Kid Rocks video for All Summer Long, there's a chick through wearing a confederate flag bikini. Somehow we all survived. 

MDC was probably one of those thug dirtbags harassing the cops who were getting shot at by a thug dirtbag yesterday. 

1 minute ago, drobeski said:

MDC was probably one of those thug dirtbags harassing the cops who were getting shot at by a thug dirtbag yesterday. 

Triggered

2 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Yes, you were.  By a flag 

:lol:

Rent free. It’s not even fair. :lol: 

15 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

The black, white and blue flag is not the american flag

Nor is the black white w/red line

Nor is the rainbow homo flag the us flag.

Nor is a t-shirt with a flag design a flag.

Taking an actual US flag and painting a blue line on it is wrong. Cutting up a US flag and making into an article of clothing is also wrong.

HTH

This is correct. 

So, in rethinking my original reply.  Making another flag that closely resembles the U.S. Flag isn't technically desecration. 

So, I can't really have a problem with the mo's when they do the same thing as the cops.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kanil said:

There's a difference.

This. 

17 hours ago, 5-Points said:

I disagree. 

You're wrong.  It's their right, and it's an important right.  Our freedoms are what separate us from the shitholes in the rest of the world.

The Blue Lives Matter flag is the exact same as the US flag, but in a black & white setting to accentuate the blue line.  I don't think ANYONE should burn ANY flag, period.  It's a sign of willful disrespect.  Well, except for the Nazi flag - I'm fine with that one.  That said, they should have the right to do it and I should respect that.  In turn, those burning flags should respect me for thinking they are complete azzholes.

32 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

This is correct. 

So, in rethinking my original reply.  Making another flag that closely resembles the U.S. Flag isn't technically desecration. 

So, I can't really have a problem with the mo's when they do the same thing as the cops.  

When you go to Disney they have a bunch of flags all along main Street. The thing is all of the flags are altered for example by having one less star. Disney does this so they don't have to lower all those flags every day, because technically those aren't American flags. They do host and lower one flag every day.

19 hours ago, MDC said:

Down at the shore this week and I’m seeing a lot of those flags that are like the US flag but with no red, all dark blue / navy and a thin royal blue line - blue lives matter flag.

Isnt this a desecration of the US flag at worst and in violation of US flag code / unpatriotic at best? :dunno:

Yes!

jmo

22 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

When you go to Disney they have a bunch of flags all along main Street. The thing is all of the flags are altered for example by having one less star. Disney does this so they don't have to lower all those flags every day, because technically those aren't American flags. They do host and lower one flag every day.

Interesting.