Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Recommend a TV Series on Netflix

I’ve only watched Stranger Things and Breaking Bad.  I don’t watch TV all that much but Gah, there’s no sports right now.  Talk to me Geek Club!

Sons of Anarchy.  I know a bunch of other geeks have watched this as well.  I thoroughly enjoyed the series.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Haunting of Hill House wasn’t bad. Mini series though.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

If you liked breaking bad I'd say watch better call Saul.  What kind of stuff do you like in general? 

Believe it or not, I just started Walking Dead this weekend.  On Season 3 now.  Pretty good, but characters are annoying as fuk.  Darryl is my favorite so far.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Believe it or not, I just started Walking Dead this weekend.  On Season 3 now.  Pretty good, but characters are annoying as fuk.  Darryl is my favorite so far.

That's around where I bailed

22 minutes ago, kutulu said:

That's around where I bailed

Why?  I cant see myself going through all 10 seasons unless it ramps up some.  Theres some not so great acting, but the story is enough for me to prob get through season 3.

54 minutes ago, kutulu said:

What kind of stuff do you like in general? 

Sci Fi, Drama, Crime, honestly I don’t want to watch (binge) on a comedy or girly stuff.  I loved the Office and  Sienfeild back in the day but not really going for that. 

Also, should have added Walking Dead.  I watched that on AMC for years.  I bailed when the dead started talking to one another.

Dexter?  SOA?  The Crown?  

Just put Better Call Saul on the list.

Dexter is awesome :wub: (watched it at lest 3 times..yes the whole series)
I've got 2 of the readers edition copies of the origional books from way back.  No, they aren't worth sh1t

I've got a feeling that a manly man like yourself would really like Peaky Blinders. Seriously 

SEASON 5 cumming this month :headbanger:

The Imposters for some silly fun. Has a super hot Israeli chick in it though she’s too skinny (like emaciated) in season 2

The Sinner is another decent dumb show. Plus Jessica Biel = still hot 

Mindhunter is good. Also, Anna Torv = still hot

Master of None pretty good. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

I’ve only watched Stranger Things and Breaking Bad.  I don’t watch TV all that much but Gah, there’s no sports right now.  Talk to me Geek Club!

Haha....I pretty much wrote the same this a month ago, only I've watched Ozark as well.  Out of the three I rank them like this.....

Breaking Bad

Ozark

Stranger Things

Ooooooh, also LOST IN SPACE which I haven't finished yet. 

8 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Okay how would we rank the following:

Sons of Anarchy

Dexter

Peaky Blinders

Dexter by a lot

• Like 2

Glow is good.  Season one is the best of the three but all seasons are watchable.  Betty Gilpin has a smoking bod and you get to see it all in season 2.  Hubba.

First season of the Crown with John Lithgow...good.

There is a 2 season series called wanted.  Filmed in Austrailia and New Zealand.  Very good.

Ricky Gervais has a series called after life.  Where his wife dies and he has to get through his day to day.  Super good.  Especially if you like Ricky.  He is just funny all the time.

Peaky Blinders is fantastic

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Meglamaniac said:

Dexter by a lot

Love Dexter, but unfortunately I can't stop thinking about how poorly the series ended.  The season with John Lithgow was my favorite.  Can't remember if that was S3 or S4. 

30 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Some of the series that I enjoyed recently.

Black Summer

Is this the one that was the precursor to Z Nation?

Just now, Meglamaniac said:

Is this the one that was the precursor to Z Nation?

I think so, or at least that what I heard.  I really enjoyed it and think it's one of the better zombie series available right now.

32 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I think so, or at least that what I heard.  I really enjoyed it and think it's one of the better zombie series available right now.

I watched the first few episodes but then got sidetracked.  Not bad.  Need to pick it back up. 

Yeah Dexter went off the rails at the end and I'm a huge fan of the serial killer genre. 

Another vote for peaky blinders not positive but I think I first mentioned that show on the geek board a few years ago. 

I mentioned this show before, it's not out of the park awesome but I enjoyed it so far, two seasons in... It's called 'Bad Blood' about the Mafia in Canada, stars the dude who played Tig on SoA. 

Looking forward to mindhunter season 2... More of a slow burn then action packed show

I'm currently in the middle of Taboo starring Tom Hardy although that's on Hulu.

Fleabag on AP is pretty good... Raunchy but if yer looking to watch something with your honey 

16 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Yeah Dexter went off the rails at the end and I'm a huge fan of the serial killer genre. 

Another vote for peaky blinders not positive but I think I first mentioned that show on the geek board a few years ago. 

I mentioned this show before, it's not out of the park awesome but I enjoyed it so far, two seasons in... It's called 'Bad Blood' about the Mafia in Canada, stars the dude who played Tig on SoA. 

Looking forward to mindhunter season 2... More of a slow burn then action packed show

I'm currently in the middle of Taboo starring Tom Hardy although that's on Hulu. 

Fleabag on AP is pretty good... Raunchy but if yer looking to watch something with your honey 

Did they ever make a second season of Taboo?  It was originally on FX. Tom Hardy is awesome in everything I've seen him in.  

About to finish Russian Doll.  Dark humor with interesting time loop story. Half hour episodes so perfect for bus commute. 

13 hours ago, Big Guy said:

Haha....I pretty much wrote the same this a month ago, only I've watched Ozark as well.  Out of the three I rank them like this.....

Breaking Bad

Ozark

Stranger Things

1.) Breaking Bad 9.5/10

2.) Ozark/Blacklist - Neither one is "over" yet, so no score.

3.) Dexter 8/10

I haven't seen Stranger Things

Ozark reminds me so much of Breaking Bad.

I just started on Yellowstone on paramount.com

24 minutes ago, DonS said:

Did they ever make a second season of Taboo?  It was originally on FX. Tom Hardy is awesome in everything I've seen him in.  

Supposedly they are going to start film sometime this year so probably will be out in 2020

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Meglamaniac said:

Dexter by a lot

This, except he spelled "Peaky Blinders" wrong. 

16 hours ago, Big Blue 06 said:

Sons of Anarchy.  I know a bunch of other geeks have watched this as well.  I thoroughly enjoyed the series.

I just posted the final scene in the best use of a song in a movie,although it was tv if that scene and the song Come Join The Murder combined doesn't get your emotions stirred nothing will.

14 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Okay how would we rank the following:

Sons of Anarchy

Dexter

Peaky Blinders

Just a suggestion but I enjoyed Peaky Blinders more with the closed captioning on,those accents are thick.Great series though.

4 hours ago, nzoner said:

Just finished season one of this :thumbsup:

It only gets better, phenomenal show.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kutulu said:

Fox is coming out with a ripoff of dexter in september.  Like father like son.  

On 8/14/2019 at 10:52 PM, SUXBNME said:

Dexter is awesome :wub: (watched it at lest 3 times..yes the whole series)
I've got 2 of the readers edition copies of the origional books from way back.  No, they aren't worth sh1t

I've got a feeling that a manly man like yourself would really like Peaky Blinders. Seriously 

SEASON 5 cumming this month :headbanger:

I bailed on dexter during the season where Julia styles showed up.

Peaky blinders is the bomb. Need to rewatch before season 5.

30 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I bailed on dexter during the season where Julia styles showed up.

Peaky blinders is the bomb. Need to rewatch before season 5.

1: Are you freaking kidding me???? She was incredible 

2: Yep. You absolutely have to rewatch. I'd do it again, but I just did it a few months ago. 

12 hours ago, Reality said:

It only gets better, phenomenal show.

Watched the first episode last night....was ok..I realize you gotta get into the characters so I am going to keep at it for a few

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Watched the first episode last night....was ok..I realize you gotta get into the characters so I am going to keep at it for a few

Stick with it, you'll be glad you did, season 2 and 3 are fantastic.  Unless, you simply don't enjoy the genre or time period.

This show has really filled my Vikings fix, I feel like this show is better than Vikings since Ragnar (don't want to spoil it for anybody), I'll just leave it at that.

3 hours ago, tikigods said:

Mindhunter season 2 just dropped

:pointstosky:

Fingers crossed for Anna Torv in a nekkid lezbo scene.  :wub: