Sign in to follow this  
track 1

this site is dead

The sleeperbot is annoying when you have breaking news, hundreds of throwaway comments flying by.

The news notifications are great to allow you to race to the wire faster though 

12 hours ago, tanatastic said:

The burns we suffered from Jimmy Graham that one year killed us all slowly.

Nicely done!  That thread should be in the FFT hall of fame.

4 minutes ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

I'm gearing up for the First Official FU Thread.

Zeke Elliott is dangerously close to getting one already...

An official FU draft edition thread, calling out those making our decisions harder than they need to be.

8 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

The sleeperbot is annoying when you have breaking news, hundreds of throwaway comments flying by.

The news notifications are great to allow you to race to the wire faster though 

They need to adjust that. Can't even read a comment. 

• Like 1

Agreed on Sleeper. Love the breaking news and while I appreciate some of the humor on there, the constant and played out "dilly dilly" and "my wife just left me" comments can get real annoying. I usually just read the pinned comments which is more than enough. It's impossible to keep up otherwise. 

• Like 1

Nothing lasts forever! But I’m sure it’ll get traffic come week 1 or next week when most FF drafts start!

I like it too.  Across the spectrum, all the forums I visit are dying due to FB groups, IG and other avenues.  I am a regular on some outdoor forums that are slowly turning into ghost towns.  

It’s not the site, it’s the game itself.  

I know people who only watch the game because they either play ff or bet on the games or both. 

With all the changes and the over sea games and all the other crap, the game is boring. 

Land people our just less interesting In the game. 

the huddle is hopping.

I kind of like the fact that this site is small.  For the most part,  everyone in here is knowledgable and experienced in playing .....just look at how long most of us have been members in here.....  I find tons of useful insightfull information in here  and love the fact that not too many people are reading them.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Canadianfan said:

I kind of like the fact that this site is small.  For the most part,  everyone in here is knowledgable and experienced in playing .....just look at how long most of us have been members in here.....  I find tons of useful insightfull information in here  and love the fact that not too many people are reading them.

agree....i used to be Cornkobb ....was here since 2004 ish played ff since 1995

On 8/16/2019 at 10:37 AM, thePRO said:

Nothing lasts forever! But I’m sure it’ll get traffic come week 1 or next week when most FF drafts start!

Geez I hope my league mates wait until draft time to come to a site like this.

40 minutes ago, TwentyFourSeven said:

Geez I hope my league mates wait until draft time to come to a site like this.

No one from my home redraft league comes here

Definitely slower this year.  I'm not an active poster, just an active parasite reading through the posts (skipping Weepaws posts of course).

I peek at Roto, Huddle, Sleeper, etc but when I have found the group here to be the most knowledgeable with posts supported by evidence.  Thanks for all your shared opinions over the years.  I honestly don't have time to research myself all/most players, and it's gotten easier and easier each year for someone who doesn't know too much to be competitive in a league just by autodrafting basically.  The posts here have often been the "edge" needed to be successful.

• Like 1

Dead?

I am still here.  Draft this Saturday!

• Thanks 1

Been dealing with pesky life for a spell.

Heart's always remained here, though.   : - )

On 8/18/2019 at 3:57 PM, 12th Place said:

Definitely slower this year.  I'm not an active poster, just an active parasite reading through the posts (skipping Weepaws posts of course).

I peek at Roto, Huddle, Sleeper, etc but when I have found the group here to be the most knowledgeable with posts supported by evidence.  Thanks for all your shared opinions over the years.  I honestly don't have time to research myself all/most players, and it's gotten easier and easier each year for someone who doesn't know too much to be competitive in a league just by autodrafting basically.  The posts here have often been the "edge" needed to be successful.

❤️

3 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Are you suggesting that the old blood is literally dying off? 

Seems like it. Maybe it's just me. I used to get all the tidbits on every team during training camp on this thread.

FFTodayers are like a venereal disease...doesn't matter what drugs you're on, they keep on showing back up.  

And with that a fond hello to all the FFT silverbacks out there...good to see some of you are still around.  And yes indeed, we need a mobile app...and HATS AND T-SHIRTS!

:banana:

Had problems getting signed in for quite some time. Things are much better now. Still see a decline and I do not like it. 

On 8/15/2019 at 2:15 AM, track 1 said:

what happened?   where did everyone go

FBG to cry about politics. 

1 hour ago, BirdGang said:

FBG to cry about politics. 

I use both sites. Mostly just read but post once in a while. They do get very technical and get very analytical with the words people use and stuff like that.

the site is great. I still stop through 4-5 times a week. staff features are consistently excellent and the community on the forums is mostly good. I've gotten busier so I don't post as much, figured the same was true for others.

Agree with the less is more comment above, and FBG seems to be trying to out do geek squad most of the time. sleeper bot just annoys tf out of me w the comments so I uninstalled. 

FBG is chock full of super nerds living in their mothers basement, who act arrogant for some head scratching reason

On 8/23/2019 at 10:43 AM, Jarvis Basnight said:

FBG is chock full of super nerds living in their mothers basement, who act arrogant for some head scratching reason

Ole Jarvis!! Every time I see your name I remember UNLV glory days!!