Sign in to follow this  
TimmySmith

A Killer's Obituary

Connor Betts' (Dayton Shooter) family has chosen to remember him in a positive light in his obit.  They, of course, are getting crap for this.  As a parent/friend/relative, I don't see a thing wrong with it.

Sorry for the crapass yahoo link, but it does shed light on the press' anger about this.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/family-dayton-mass-shooter-connor-170255884.html

22 minutes ago, drobeski said:

X-box nut 

Shocked

Blaming video games is the new stupid thing "olds" do.  It's like when they were blaming rock and roll in your hayday.

• Like 1

Why do we care.  I just don't care.

Just another attempt by the media to get people pissed.  Everyone is pissed at everything these days.  II don't have enough energy to be mad at all the things I'm supposed to be mad at everyday

4 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Blaming video games is the new stupid thing "olds" do.  It's like when they were blaming rock and roll in your hayday.

Crowder agrees

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

Just don't put an Obit out. It's an option, not a requirement. 

I have told everyone in my family I don't want one. Fock it. light me on fire and spread my ashes in the garden

33 minutes ago, edjr said:

I have told everyone in my family I don't want one. Fock it. light me on fire and spread my ashes in the garden

What does an obit have to do with how you want your family to kill you? 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Would make for an awkward obit.

2 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Would make for an awkward obit.

"edjr was burned to death on this date. It had to be done.  " 

• Haha 4

50 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

:lol:

3 hours ago, Kanil said:

There's actually merit to both.  Though, no where to the extent to which those are saying.

6 hours ago, Kanil said:

So kids from an early age playing realistic shoot up games and Johnny B Good are the same? Not saying they are the reason, but it should be considered as at least a part of the problem in some instances. 

10 hours ago, edjr said:

I wrote one for mom a couple weeks ago for the funeral home site. Which was a waste of time as nobody saw it, as we didn't bother to send the link to anyone. About 5 people even get the Memphis newspaper these days, so we didn't see the point in paying to put it in there. 

19 hours ago, edjr said:

The vegetables are going to smell like taint.   😐

13 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So kids from an early age playing realistic shoot up games and Johnny B Good are the same? Not saying they are the reason, but it should be considered as at least a part of the problem in some instances. 

Here's what I don't get. They made it where they got rid of violence in cartoons, but video games the kids participate in the violence. How is that better? 

14 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Everyone of the kids breathes air.  I guess oxygen is part of the problem.

4 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Everyone of the kids breathes air.  I guess oxygen is part of the problem.

Phsyco drugs and video games make a bad combo. 

Not all gamers are mass shooters but a common denominator seems to be the combo...drugs and gaming addiction.  

This kid was such a loser that video gaming made it into his obituary.  

Think about that 

7 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Phsyco drugs and video games make a bad combo. 

Not all gamers are mass shooters but a common denominator seems to be the combo...drugs and gaming addiction.  

This kid was such a loser that video gaming made it into his obituary.  

Think about that 

That's because almost every human under the age of 40 plays or played video games as a kid.  May as well blame soda, or baseball cards, or McDonalds.  It's a stupid, easy copout for stupid people who want to blame someTHING rather than someBODY.