Sign in to follow this  
Phil Simms 11

What's your favorite position? Least favorite?

🌶️🌭

What is your favorite draft position? Least?

I would rank them

1 - Best

2 & 3 - OK

12 & 11

10 & 9 - Average

7 & 8

4 - 5 - No thanks

6 - Worst

What do you think is the best/worst draft spot? For reference https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp/ppr

I don't have one that that truly don't like. I may prefer the middle at 5 or 6. I like DJ in round 1, and you're in prime position to take players that are falling throughout the draft. When I draft at the ends, I typically find my self debating between a couple players, picking one, only to watch the other player fall to the next round and almost make it back to me. At that point I see someone getting an incredible value. Then again, drafting at the ends forces you pick your players, while drafting the middle, I find myself drafting a bit more on who I think should make it back to me, only to have a few players drafted before I thought they would be and wishing I had taken them instead. 

3 minutes ago, Brutal Brutus said:

I don't have one that that truly don't like. I may prefer the middle at 5 or 6. I like DJ in round 1, and you're in prime position to take players that are falling throughout the draft. When I draft at the ends, I typically find my self debating between a couple players, picking one, only to watch the other player fall to the next round and almost make it back to me. At that point I see someone getting an incredible value. Then again, drafting at the ends forces you pick your players, while drafting the middle, I find myself drafting a bit more on who I think should make it back to me, only to have a few players drafted before I thought they would be and wishing I had taken them instead. 

Guess I am not a fan of the DJ, Hopkins, Zeke spot mostly because of who is going mid-2nd right now. I like the early 2nd "pre-Kelce" picks and see Kelce as the start of a dropoff. 

5 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Guess I am not a fan of the DJ, Hopkins, Zeke spot mostly because of who is going mid-2nd right now. I like the early 2nd "pre-Kelce" picks and see Kelce as the start of a dropoff. 

I started a different thread about this called RB 2 by committee, but I like that spot this year as I see a lot of value in low end WR 1's dropping. Rd 2. I can still land a Schuster type, Rd. 3 K. Allen and Rd.4 Cooks. I take L. Murray as my rb 2 and follow that up with Ekler or Cohen and high upside RBs. I see this strategy as limiting my bust potential in the early rounds and maximizing the amount of darts I can throw at the RB position in the middle rounds. 

JuJu wouldn't get past me at top 2nd, but I am loving him this year. I view him as last top tier (i.e. potential Round 1 pick) pick before Kelce. 

Just received this email:

"What is the best draft spot?" from "success@fantasyfootballcalculator.com"

How did they know I was talking about the draft spot? THEY'RE WATCHING US :ninja:

I'm 6th in a 16 team league and love the spot.  I can nab a debatable top end RB or WR and then get to pick in 2nd before the first 5.

I want 12 always. Give you a very clear picture of what you are gonna get. 

I’m 6th! DJ, Gurley, Hopkins and Adams are on my short list.

1 I dont like. The Chubb, Mixon, Conner group at 12 followed by a top shelf wr sounds better to me. The window for landing a stud RB and a stud WR closes right around 6-7. At 6 I’m looking at hopefully still getting someone like Juju in rnd 2. Pick 1 gets what? It’s a boneyard after 20 picks or so.