JagFan

Consensus #1

Is Fruit Loops the consensus #1 if he reports prior to your draft?  Reportedly in the best shape of his career.

Interesting. I have first pick and would probably lean him over Barkley. While his behavior is questionable, I would hope he can refrain from getting suspended for the first year of his new deal. 

15 minutes ago, JagFan said:

Is Fruit Loops the consensus #1 if he reports prior to your draft?  Reportedly in the best shape of his career.

Nope

12 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Kamara easy

I see your Kamara and raise you a Saquon...

Fruit Loops is Zeke or what? Link me to this best shape article? Dude his eating amazing Mexican food and drinking margaritas in Cabo while maybe working out for an hour.

He also did this two years ago and didn’t look good coming back. Think I’d still have to go Barkley. Elliott can be #2 or #3 in standard and probably #3 or #4 in PPR.

30 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Even non ppr? Do you expect Murray to not have much of a role? 

Murray will def have a role, but Kamara situation is nothing different than his last two dominant seasons sharing work. Murray isn’t even as good as Ingram. Kamara has proven to be a beast in a good offense on a good team while sharing work and staying fresh. It’s scary to think we may be seeing Kamaras floor these last seasons.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I see your Kamara and raise you a Saquon...

Meh, easy candidate to regress and disappoint. He captured lightning in a bottle in a less than great situation last season. This year it’s even worse, no Obj to open up defenses, teams have him on film, possible rookie taking over. I just see him not  delivering top overall value. I see a situation similar to DJ last year. Hot talent, meh team but still drafted top of the 1st. Then the team drags him down and DJ underdelivers despite his talent. 

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

Meh, easy candidate to regress and disappoint. He captured lightning in a bottle in a less than great situation last season. This year it’s even worse, no Obj to open up defenses, teams have him on film, possible rookie taking over. I just see him not  delivering top overall value. I see a situation similar to DJ last year. Hot talent, meh team but still drafted top of the 1st. Then the team drags him down and DJ underdelivers despite his talent. 

Comparing Barkley to DJ was your first mistake. Saquon is bigger, faster, stronger. He is the next link in the RB evolutionary chain. The link before him was ADP. Giants Oline is much better than last year's. Kamara is tasty no doubt, but in a not as good kind of way....

9 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Murray will def have a role, but Kamara situation is nothing different than his last two dominant seasons sharing work. Murray isn’t even as good as Ingram. Kamara has proven to be a beast in a good offense on a good team while sharing work and staying fresh. It’s scary to think we may be seeing Kamaras floor these last seasons.

He has been so efficient with his touches that he probably needs a decent increase in touches to be better. I also think Murray and Ingram are pretty similar in talent. 

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

Comparing Barkley to DJ was your first mistake. Saquon is bigger, faster, stronger. He is the next link in the RB evolutionary chain. The link before him was ADP. Giants Oline is much better than last year's. Kamara is tasty no doubt, but in a not as good kind of way....

I wasn’t comparing the players as much as I was comparing the situation. I tried to illustrated that in the wording. I get that you mean Saquons talent can overcome it easier than DJ. But fwiw, DJ is a couple seasons removed from one of the all time FF seasons, he’s no chump. 

“I see a situation similar to DJ last year. Hot talent, meh team but still drafted top of the 1st”

6 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

He has been so efficient with his touches that he probably needs a decent increase in touches to be better. I also think Murray and Ingram are pretty similar in talent. 

I’d need an argument on Murray to buy that and willing to listen. But as I see it, Ingram is way more accomplished as well as being a superb pass catching RB himself.

3 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I’d need an argument on Murray to buy that and willing to listen. But as I see it, Ingram is way more accomplished as well as being a superb pass catching RB himself.

I'm not sold Ingram was anything other than a system RB. We've saw Tim Hightower come off the streets and thrive in that role. Murray has also been the most efficient goal line back over the past two years.... Don't ask for the source, unless you want the podcast I listen to.

3 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Murray has averaged .4 ypc less for his career, not too drastic. Considering the offense Ingram has played in his whole career, I would say that has made the difference. Ingram also has only avergared .1 ypr more for his career. Murray is an underrated receiver who did have a career high of 41 catches one year. 

One more positive sign for Murray is how quickly the Saints signed him. RBs seem to be late signers unless a team is seeking them out for a specific reason.

I’m taking Barkley in my 10 man redraft full ppr. His workload is without question, catches the ball and is prob Eli’s main target when that pocket breaks down and even if the rook takes over at qb in passsing situations what’s a rook qbs best friend his dump off to the rb or te plus quan can break the big runs at anytime. Kamara while I love his talent also has talent behind him and we know as Payton has said they don’t want to feed him the rock 20-30x a game, cmc at the same time will undoubtedly regress in the catch dept and may now have to deal with cam vulturing some gl tds. I’m sure in the end they’ll all be close and an argument can be made both for and against all three going #1 but give me the guy with the workload and athletic freakizm to make anything happen at anytime. I’m also targeting Murray in all my leagues as my #3rb hopefully but if I get Saquon and 3 good WRs and a top qb I’d prob even be fine with Murray as my flex guy. 

34 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Murray has averaged .4 ypc less for his career, not too drastic. Considering the offense Ingram has played in his whole career, I would say that has made the difference. Ingram also has only avergared .1 ypr more for his career. Murray is an underrated receiver who did have a career high of 41 catches one year. 

Close enough. Ok so assuming Murray is a negligible difference from Ingram, I’d still say I feel good about Kamaras assumed role enough to justify him at no.1. He has legit 20td upside with a ton of rec. 

51 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I wasn’t comparing the players as much as I was comparing the situation. I tried to illustrated that in the wording. I get that you mean Saquons talent can overcome it easier than DJ. But fwiw, DJ is a couple seasons removed from one of the all time FF seasons, he’s no chump. 

“I see a situation similar to DJ last year. Hot talent, meh team but still drafted top of the 1st”

It's not even the same situation. The cardinals line was among the worst in football. The Giants weren't much better and Barkley was still awesome. Now they have added Zeitler and Remmers. Will Hernandez is a beast, and Solder is healthier. Losing OBJ stings but 300 plus touches with a better Oline and his talent. Why you'd have to be whistling Dixie to pass on him. But hey, it's not my team feel free to put yourself at a disadvantage...

First pick in a draft, I’m taking Kamara easly. 

6 minutes ago, jrokh said:

. But hey, it's not my team feel free to put yourself at a disadvantage...

Your argument was fine but this line was not necessary. I’m advocating taking Kamara, an absolute stud, not chopped liver. There’s no “disadvantage” and I can find you publications saying Kamara is the no.1 pick as well, it’s not crazy talk. You get a stud either way here with Saquon or Kamara, it’s closer to splitting hairs than an advantage. I’d take Saquon at 2 easy, I just think he’s a candidate for disappointment as so many no.1 picks end up doing over the years in “surefire, can’t miss, stupid if you don’t take him.” situations.

Fair enough. It's just been a little too mellow around here lately, just warming up for the season no disrespect intended.

16 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Fair enough. It's just been a little too mellow around here lately, just warming up for the season no disrespect intended.

Oh no none towards me, I’m more concerned with what Kamara would say to you when he reads your thoughts. He’s my homie after all, we kick it. 

4 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Oh no none towards me, I’m more concerned with what Kamara would say to you when he reads your thoughts. He’s my homie after all, we kick it. 

No worries. I just got off the phone with AK. He said he would also take Saquon...

This is exactly the discussion I was hoping for.  I’m not going to post the blurbs, you can grab them on another site.

Word is that Fruit Loops is weighing in low 220’s, his lightest weight thus far in his NFL career.  Ready to play for the money.

Barkley...you have to be concerned that Eli gets shelved at some point this season.

Kamara...SP knows the window is closing on Drew.  Coach speak aside, I see this as a last chance for NO to get back to the SB.  Kamara will be run into the ground if that’s what it takes to win.

CMC...love the guy, but Rivera said this week he’s getting pulled in short yardage and inside the 5.  He smells like a sure top 5 bust.

its really between Kamara and Fruit Loops for me.

"CMC...love the guy, but Rivera said this week he’s getting pulled in short yardage and inside the 5.  He smells like a sure top 5 bust."

I also saw this - that Rivera WANTS a RB to fill that role, but I don't think there is one on the team (CAP ain't it..).  So, for 2019, CMac should still be an elite RB1.

3 hours ago, Bills04 said:

"CMC...love the guy, but Rivera said this week he’s getting pulled in short yardage and inside the 5.  He smells like a sure top 5 bust."

I also saw this - that Rivera WANTS a RB to fill that role, but I don't think there is one on the team (CAP ain't it..).  So, for 2019, CMac should still be an elite RB1.

Yeah the depth behind him is pretty sad. Idk why they settle for those backups

5 minutes ago, Showboat said:

It looks like the consensus is that there is no consensus #1......

For sure. I would be happy with either of these fellas in discussion!  But if I had the numero uno, I would go Barkley. He reminds me of Barry Sanders in that you will have a number of plays that go nowhere, which comes with the territory of being on a bad team, but he also IS the offense - a big play waiting to happen.  Don't misread that statement though. I am not saying he is the next Barry! But he has the talent to transcend a surrounding lack of talent.  

30 minutes ago, Showboat said:

It looks like the consensus is that there is no consensus #1......

On this bored that appears to be the case. In the industry though there is little debate. ESPN, CBS sports, NFL.com, and FFCalculator ADP all have Barkley at #1. It almost feels like some don't want to put Barkley 1 simply because he is already the consensus choice so lean to an against the grain choice instead.

Barkley is the majority consensus. Shefter took Mahomes 1st overall in an espn “experts” draft lol.

15 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Barkley is the majority consensus. Shefter took Mahomes 1st overall in an espn “experts” draft lol.

ESPN "experts" couldn't hang in most leagues that include us peons. 

There is a world of difference between that made for TV event and the "experts" at ESPN.com fantasy. Adam Schefter was literally on his phone in between picks trying to break footballs stories. I can't imagine he gave his picks much thought...

I realize that even if Fruit Loops reports, there will still be debate, as there should be.  But I think I’d have a more difficult time finding red flags with him vs CMC, Barkley, or Kamara.  Right now I like Kamara better than the group w/o Fruit Loops.  NO’s window is closing with Drew.  This is a good team with a real shot and Kamara is going to be key to their success.