Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Josh Gordon Reinstated

The NFL is conditionally reinstating the New England Patriots wide receiver following his indefinite suspension, the league announced. Gordon is allowed to return to New England's facility and engage in conditioning work and individual workouts on Sunday. Subject to appropriate progress on clinical care and other arrangements, Gordon will be permitted to participate in team activities including practice. The receiver may attend but not play in New England's third preseason game on Aug. 22.

Hard to peg Gordon's fantasy value right now. Certainly can't project him to play all 16 games regardless if he starts Week 1. He hasn't done so since his rookie season and given the relapse risk, I can't imagine taking him any higher than a WR4. I'm sure ADP will have him much higher that that, so it looks like I won't be getting many shares of him.

Have to think this news does Nkeal Harry no favors...

People will get excited about this news.  I agree that people will reach to draft hom now and it is so likely the he relapses at some point.  He just can't emotionally take pressure without turning to drugs and alchohol. 

1 hour ago, Brutal Brutus said:

I'll take Gordon just before Watkins. Both are going to miss games, give me the guy thats a wr 1 when he plays.

No way! I just put him one spot in front of Watson 5 minutes ago! I feel validated!

8th round feels about right.  i'm sure there will be plenty of people who reach for him...though i like that this may not be well known by everyone for my draft tomorrow.

2 hours ago, SAA said:

No way! I just put him one spot in front of Watson 5 minutes ago! I feel validated!

Watson or Watkins? I have him in front of Watkins

Gordon's 2018 PPR finishes:

Wk1 – WR50
Wk4 - WR80
Wk5 – WR29
Wk6 – WR51
Wk7 – WR24
Wk8 – WR51
Wk9 – WR5
Wk10 – WR25
Wk12 – WR36
Wk13 – WR20
Wk14 – WR22
Wk15 – WR84

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike FF Today said:

Gordon's 2018 PPR finishes:

Wk1 – WR50
Wk4 - WR80
Wk5 – WR29
Wk6 – WR51
Wk7 – WR24
Wk8 – WR51
Wk9 – WR5
Wk10 – WR25
Wk12 – WR36
Wk13 – WR20
Wk14 – WR22
Wk15 – WR84

Hey thanks a lot for that info. 

Wk9-wk14 he’s a wr2. 

After Edelman I can see him being Brady’s second best target, based on lack of a te and young WRs. 

Im going to target him as a wr3. 

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

Wk9-wk14 he’s a wr2. 

After Edelman I can see him being Brady’s second best target, based on lack of a te and young WRs. 

He's not cleared for the regular season. He can't keep his head clean for any length of time. He has limited his upside with these issues. He's about the same as D.Jackson. Boom or bust. then with his issues you can have him.

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

Wk9-wk14 he’s a wr2. 

Except for Weeks 10 & 12 when he wasn't. 😕

Hey I’ll take him. 

If he’s ready to roll and if he starts the season I can see a wr3. 

Pats seem pretty limited at that wr and te postion this season, and I’m sure his talent would be welcomed.  

Hey he just missed that wk ten by one spot, but I’ll still count it. 

Thanks. 

DND for me.  Far too much risk.   I won't touch him, not in any round period.    

I hope he falls so I can get him, would love to pick him up as a low wr3. 

Yeah, I was pretty excited to see this news but the more I think about it and his more recent history, The wide receiver field in New England is pretty crowded. I think  this is a way overrated pick.

Last two 12 team Drafts he went 56 & 67.  

That is Cupp, Landry, Jeffrey, Robinson, AJ territory.

crazy.

He will out perform those players.  

Lotta risk but could be decent reward. No not like that one magical year in Cleveland. But definite potential for 1,000 yards and 10 TDs.

Pats lost Gronk and N’Keal isn’t quite ready. That means Gordon is the go-to in gotta have it contested catch situations.

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I hope he falls so I can get him, would love to pick him up as a low wr3. 

at this price I figure the risk vs reward becomes even.

If you lose him to rehab (again) you havnt paid a high price, and it wont ruin your season if you draft well otherwise.

If you are drafting him to be your WR2 or WR1, I'd suggest you are in trouble.

but as a low end to mid range WR3?   I personally try to draft two players for that slot and play the matchups anyways.   I also find that more often than not, you can pickup a player on waivers who can put up WR3 Numbers if you stay on top of things during the year.

so the risk at this point is quite minimal.

On 8/16/2019 at 9:13 PM, Brutal Brutus said:

Watson or Watkins? I have him in front of Watkins

Sorry, I meant Watkins!

It's hard to place a value on Gordon... possible WR2 w/ high risk... does that make it worth it in the 6th? Seems like he is going earlier than that... still haven't decided, what are you guys doing?

Buying