Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

Portland alt right / antifa marches August 17th 2019

1 hour ago, drobeski said:

Why were they even near the bus ? Smashing the windows and doors?

Because they're violent idiots.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why was Antifa there? It wasn't their march or rally. Not going to get on anyone for protecting themselves from them. 

And they didn't specifically target the home of the whole Antifa movement in order to get this type of reaction?  You're being deliberately obtuse.

Just now, Kanil said:

And they didn't specifically target the home of the whole Antifa movement in order to get this type of reaction?  You're being deliberately obtuse.

So that means first of all, anifa has to show up, and second, have to once again act like thugs? Sorry, they look for a fight every time. You didn't see how they have behaved in Portland, taking over whole blocks? Telling people where to drive and threatening them? Talk about obtuse. 

1 hour ago, Casual Observer said:

Or they brought the hammer to use in self-defense against violent Antifa.  Antifa has been engaging in thuggery on Portland streets for months now.  Someone needs to give them a beatdown.

At least you're willing to admit it... the bolded part is exactly why they went there.  They went there to antagonize the other idiots into violent confrontations.  Either they knew 100% there was going to be violence or they're too stupid to breathe.  Both sides are idiots.

Just now, Kanil said:

At least you're willing to admit it... the bolded part is exactly why they went there.  They went there to antagonize the other idiots into violent confrontations.  Either they knew 100% there was going to be violence or they're too stupid to breathe.  Both sides are idiots.

One side is worse. That's evident. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

One side is worse. That's evident. 

So one side is a 10 on the sh1theel rating.  The other side is an 8.  Doesn't change the fact that they're both sh1theels but no doubt we're going to see (and are seeing) people here defending them because they agree with their political alignment.

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So that means first of all, anifa has to show up, and second, have to once again act like thugs? Sorry, they look for a fight every time. You didn't see how they have behaved in Portland, taking over whole blocks? Telling people where to drive and threatening them? Talk about obtuse. 

Where did I EVER say anything about Antifa not sucking?  There's only one subset of people here defending either side.  In case you didn't see it the 17 other times I typed it into this thread, I've stated both sides suck.  The only reason I pointed out the right wackos is because people here started asking for proof they weren't good natured, peaceful people.

2 minutes ago, Kanil said:

So one side is a 10 on the sh1theel rating.  The other side is an 8.  Doesn't change the fact that they're both sh1theels but no doubt we're going to see (and are seeing) people here defending them because they agree with their political alignment.

I think if at all, the spread is bigger than 10-8. I don't think you have been paying attention since 2016. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think if at all, the spread is bigger than 10-8. I don't think you have been paying attention since 2016. 

OK, so rather than trying to move the goalposts or forward the blame to Antifa.  Yes or no, do you think these alt-right sh1theels went there with 100% peaceful intentions?

1 minute ago, Kanil said:

OK, so rather than trying to move the goalposts or forward the blame to Antifa.  Yes or no, do you think these alt-right sh1theels went there with 100% peaceful intentions?

Both sides would be jack booted thugs in their perfect world.  No sense in pretending one is better than the other.  And we came inches from eliminating one.  Then the other side propped them up.

• Like 1

Interesting how no Geeks feel the need to stand up for Antifa or make them out to be any better than the Proud Boys / alt right crowd, but the forearm Trumpers seem pretty heavily invested in making their “side” look good.

Their side being white nationalists. :doh: 

7 minutes ago, Kanil said:

I don't think they attacked anyone. That was the other guys. They went there to say their peace and defend themselves if need.be. What is it so difficult to realize Antifa always partakes in violence, even at their own gatherings? Even when there are no "alt-right shitheels" around? 

Were the motorists they were threatening in Portland alt-right shitheels too? 

I don't think they attacked anyone. That was the other guys. They went there to say their peace and defend themselves if need.be. What is it so difficult to realize Antifa always partakes in violence, even at their own gatherings? Even when there are no "alt-right shitheels" around? 

So they went to a location that "always partakes in violence" expecting peace?  You don't really believe that.  You're trying to win a debate so rather than stating the truth, you're coming up with absurd arguments.

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

Which side is that?  :dunno:  

The ones throwing up the white power hand signs.

Were the motorists they were threatening in Portland alt-right shitheels too? 

How many times do you expect me to say I'm not defending Antifa?  Would you stop trying to use this stupid argument?

I love how the media has twisted what the alt-right is. They are making it seem like it’s Antifa vs. the KKK and it isn’t. There’s black people, Latinos, and asians in the alt right. I don’t give a sh!t what your google search defines it as. I guess these guys are white nationalists? 

Sure the altright is a white nationalist movement 😂 so dumb 

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

I love how the media has twisted what the alt-right is. They are making it seem like it’s Antifa vs. the KKK and it isn’t. There’s black people, Latinos, and asians in the alt right. I don’t give a sh!t what your google search defines it as. I guess these guys are white nationalists? 

I believe I said the ones throwing up the "white power" symbols.  I think those people count, no?

How many times do you expect me to say I'm not defending Antifa?  Would you stop trying to use this stupid argument?

Are you kidding me? You're couching it by saying both sides are equally bad. When I point out the only time the right wingers have violence is when Antifa shows up, bringing the violence. Antifa on the other hand, brings violence and threats wherever they go, regardless if its alt-right shitheels. That is not equal or 10-8.  

I believe I said the ones throwing up the "white power" symbols.  I think those people count, no?

Maybe not you, but anytime someone mentions the alt right libtards immediately think white nationalists and it’s really dumb 

5 minutes ago, Kanil said:

What's the white power symbol? The ok sign? 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It's leather gloves hand raised in the air as a fist.

Not sure why anyone would feel the need to argue that Antifa or these Alt Right / Proud Boys / white nationalist types are any better or worse than the other. Unless you’re sympathetic to one side and therefore a POS yourself. 

6 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

It's leather gloves hand raised in the air as a fist.

So it's ok to attack a black person if they do that I guess, seeing as it's ok to attack a white person for throwing up a sign. Seems fair. 

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Correct.

4 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Correct.

So people can’t throw up completely harmless hand gesture anymore? I’ve never in my entire life heard of the ok sign being racist until a few months ago. You all have lost it. 😂

I guess Unicode Consortium is a racist organization then. They are in charge of what emojis are approved or not approved.

👌🏻👌🏼👌🏽👌🏾👌🏿

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

So people can’t throw up completely harmless hand gesture anymore? I’ve never in my entire life heard of the ok sign being racist until a few months ago. You all have lost it. 😂

That's because it's a joke. Like Pepe the frog. It's a troll. 

That's because it's a joke. Like Pepe the frog. It's a troll. 

Yep exactly. Asians are spraying Pepe all over Hong Kong right now, guess they are white nationalists too. :(

They've taken it to mean that so now that's how they use it.  You guys can pretend it hasn't been but you're wrong.

You think the guys with the swastika tattoos on their head throwing the sign up at these rallies are just saying "everything is okilee dokilee!"???

What's wing with being White? What's wrong with being a nationalist? I'm both, and I'm proud of it. I am polite and respectful to everyone I meet, regardless of color, religion, nationality, or sex. I'm tired of being schit on because I'm white and proud of my country.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Kanil said:

The ones throwing up the white power hand signs.

I see violent militaristic white guys all around.  Some have hand signs, some have masks, but it's the hand signs I should be looking for.  Got it.   :

11 minutes ago, Kanil said:

They've taken it to mean that so now that's how they use it.  You guys can pretend it hasn't been but you're wrong.

You think the guys with the swastika tattoos on their head throwing the sign up at these rallies are just saying "everything is okilee dokilee!"???

I've watched some videos of these Antifa - altright clashes. Have yet to see a swastika. Are you just making that up? 

5 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

What's wing with being White? What's wrong with being a nationalist? I'm both, and I'm proud of it. I am polite and respectful to everyone I meet, regardless of color, religion, nationality, or sex. I'm tired of being schit on because I'm white and proud of my country.

If you're proud of something you made absolutely zero contribution into achieving (like being born in America), maybe you should go run a marathon, or actually achieve something to be proud of? The only people that really deserve to be proud Americans are legal immigrants. The rest of us should feel lucky, if anything. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I see violent militaristic white guys all around.  Some have hand signs, some have masks, but it's the hand signs I should be looking for.  Got it.   :

Wrong.  Some people here are saying one side is OK.  I'm saying NEITHER side is OK.  You're arguing my point here.

Just now, Kanil said:

Wrong.  Some people here are saying one side is OK.  I'm saying NEITHER side is OK.  You're arguing my point here.

I'm saying one side is worse.  Waaaaay worse. 

13 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

That's not what the "white nationalist" phrase means, and you know it.  You're trying to argue semantics as a way to defend these turds.

I'm saying one side is worse.  Waaaaay worse. 

So you agree that both sides are bad?

By Kanil’s logic, any extremist group can hijack a hand gesture, a word or a symbol and the rest of the public can’t use it anymore. 

15 minutes ago, Kanil said:

You and I agree that both are bad.   Where we differ is that I see both as white nationalist terror groups.  I don't particularly care what they call themselves.