Sign in to follow this  
nzoner

Former RB Cedric Benson dead at 36

Sad. RIP. My sisters friends just died on a motorcycle. Only 20, guy in a car blew passed a stop sign. 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Sad. RIP. My sisters friends just died on a motorcycle. Only 20, guy in a car blew passed a stop sign. 

Agreed it's sad and I see the allure but those things are death traps (on roads anyway, I've ridden on trails which has its own risks but not usually death).  Add in that AZ does not require helmets; half of the riders I see don't wear one, and only maybe 1/4 have the full face mask.  Eesh... :unsure:

• Like 1

Florida leads the nation in motorcycle deaths!  Mostly due to Bike Week and Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach.  The state had a helmet law, but it was repealed in 2000.

I won't ride one.

Fooled around without a helmet. Crashed. Slammed my head. Could have died. Long recovery. And still was one of the lucky ones. Long term rehab centers are filled with riders.

Few years ago I purchased an early 70's cb175 for fun to put around the city.. took it for a spin around the block and said noooo thanks

Everything happens so fast on a motorcycle. Best friend who was a D1 wrestler lost his leg on one 

Saw this on Shefty's facebook, my reply was 

"Should have stuck to running"

Oh my did that cause a lot of butt hurt.

Butch, who is Ced?

Ced's dead baby

• Haha 1

Within the last month, there have been 3 or 4 (notable) motorcycle deaths locally. Plus one of the guys from work here was also involved in a near death accident.

I honestly don't know why people still ride them - they are death traps now days.

5 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I honestly don't know why people still ride them - they are death traps now days.

I agree.  I could see off road bikes or maybe highway rides away from metro areas.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, edjr said:

Saw this on Shefty's facebook, my reply was 

"Should have stuck to running"

Oh my did that cause a lot of butt hurt.

Ha! That's great

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

Wow.  Doesn't anyone have a slightly twisted sense of humor anymore? Nice work, ed. :thumbsup:

internet is just full of gutless, humorless snowflakes

I am always bringing the heat, never been suspended either or given a timeout. 

My friend's cousin just died of a motorcycle crash. He was struck by a young guy who went through a stop sign. Luckily it wasn't a hit and run. The driver stayed but the cousin died, sadly. He was 40....or was he 30? Can't remember.

The motorcycles drive so fast on the highways. I fear for them when they zoom by me. It's strange that it seems the mostly die on the city streets by no fault of their own.

2 minutes ago, peenie said:

My friend's cousin just died of a motorcycle crash. He was struck by a young guy who went through a stop sign. Luckily it wasn't a hit and run. The driver stayed but the cousin died, sadly. He was 40.

The motorcycles drive so fast on the highways. I fear for them when they zoom by me. It's strange that it seems the mostly die on the city streets by no fault of their own.

everytime I see a motorcyle go flying by at like 100, I always wish to see them wrapped around a tree, or sticking out of the front of a truck up ahead, so I can laugh

1 minute ago, edjr said:

everytime I see a motorcyle go flying by at like 100, I always wish to see them wrapped around a tree, or sticking out of the front of a truck up ahead, so I can laugh

I was hoping I wasn't the only one. :D 

People acting like they were good friends with him. 🙄

16 minutes ago, edjr said:

Yup. And I would keep on driving. Maybe stop for a beer. 

The only riders that bug me are in SoCal where they drive on the lane lines between stop and go cars in traffic.  A few times I've almost pulled into one to change lanes, and inevitably they bang on my car with a "what the hell are you doing" attitude.

Congrats, you had the right of way I guess.  And you are dead.  You win.  :thumbsup:

Somebody else's wasted draft pick.

21 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Ah, riding a motorcycle, smart move.  

It's like swimming. Why do they even try?

Buddy of mine had a great life: Partner in firn, tail for days, rich

Hit an uneven lane change at 25-30mph, haid hit curb. Gone.

I had several bikes from 18-30 yrs old.  Softail, Ninja, dirtbikes, etc. It all changed for me one day when I ran an accident where we had to gather pieces of a guy and cover them with a sheet. What was different about this, was his family showed up. His wife, with 2 kids in tow, and pregnant.  I told myself that I would never leave my family like that because I wanted to ride a bike. I havent been on a bike since.

7 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I had several bikes from 18-30 yrs old.  Softail, Ninja, dirtbikes, etc. It all changed for me one day when I ran an accident where we had to gather pieces of a guy and cover them with a sheet. What was different about this, was his family showed up. His wife, with 2 kids in tow, and pregnant.  I told myself that I would never leave my family like that because I wanted to ride a bike. I havent been on a bike since.

My kid took a spill on his dirtbike recently, had to plate his clavicle, luckily no screws in his broken forearm/wrist......he is done with dirt bikes, as am i....