Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Anyone got FF drafts this coming week?

Recommended Posts

Got our annual one this Saturday. We were trying to do it at the Top Golf in Myrtle beach but too many couldn’t make it to that one so we are doing it at the country club like always. Any of y’all got yours this week? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting a "slow"draft for my denver local this week.

Two FFPC redrafts will be 9/6/19in vegas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Starting a "slow"draft for my denver local this week.

Two FFPC redrafts will be 9/6/19in vegas.

I’ve been dying to do a Vegas draft. Sadly, it’s hard to get all the guys from all the teams to go. A few are teachers or coaches so they are usually busy during this time and doing it during the summer is out of the question 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope...  No drafts for the past three years and none at all in the future...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, posty said:

Nope...  No drafts for the past three years and none at all in the future...

Good thing you came in to inform of us of that.  :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

I’ve been dying to do a Vegas draft. Sadly, it’s hard to get all the guys from all the teams to go. A few are teachers or coaches so they are usually busy during this time and doing it during the summer is out of the question 

Vegas is great; we did it for our 30th anniversary last year.  Rented a man cave with a large table, monitor, and internets.  And scantily clad waitresses serving booze and food.  10 of 12 owners made it, the draft was technically online so you didn't need to be there.  We flew in Saturday morning and had a cabana by the pool at Wynn Encore during the day; about half of us stayed there as well.  Draft was at night.

As to the OP question, SkiBum and I are on an IBL team which has been drafting since two weeks ago.  My draft started a week ago.  Slow draft of course.  Lots of trades but I've been too busy to pursue them.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SUXBNME said:

Good thing you came in to inform of us of that.  :thumbsup:

You're welcome...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got home from our dynasty rookie draft and free agent auction. Fun times

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, posty said:

You're welcome...

Just wondering why you are a kunt about this?  It's a FF site and all.  All I can figure is you have a Look At Me complex.  :dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jerryskids said:

And scantily clad waitresses serving booze and food.  10 of 12

And your cute wife doesn’t mind. Lucky guy. I did my draft at Hooters but I am not married. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three, all money leagues, almost ready....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saturday afternoon at the Brass Ass Show Lounge for the 16th consecutive year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have one today at 3.  I think this might be my last year.  I have never been so unexcited about ff as I am now.  I don't even know the players anymore.  I'm going to draft off of some "experts" rankings and hope for the best.  I might do another smaller league with some family members but am unsure.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

I’ve been dying to do a Vegas draft. Sadly, it’s hard to get all the guys from all the teams to go. A few are teachers or coaches so they are usually busy during this time and doing it during the summer is out of the question 

The cool guys get a suite and do the draft in Vegas.  The other schmucks can draft on line.  Problem solved. 

I had a draft last night and one Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jerryskids said:

All I can figure is you have a Look At Me complex.  :dunno:

I thought this was a requirement for the Geek Club?

Plus, shouldn't fantasy football stuff be done on the main board and not in the Geek Club?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You literally couldn't pay me to be in a ff league anymore.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

You literally couldn't pay me to be in a ff league anymore.

:pointstosky:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

You literally couldn't pay me to be in a ff league anymore.

You literally couldn't pay triple to be in mine. Maybe you and Posty should get together and do nothing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

You literally couldn't pay triple to be in mine. Maybe you and Posty should get together and do nothing? 

Sure as hell a lot more enjoyable then playing a game that is all luck...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, posty said:

Sure as hell a lot more enjoyable then playing a game that is all luck...

Most of it is luck, that's true. Bad luck in my case the last few years. But it's still fun. And if you take out head to head and go to auction, the luck factor is cut down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Most of it is luck, that's true. Bad luck in my case the last few years. But it's still fun. And if you take out head to head and go to auction, the luck factor is cut down. 

Speaking of bad luck, your Giants will probably get the first pick in next year's NFL draft.  I drafted Barkley yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bert said:

Speaking of bad luck, your Giants will probably get the first pick in next year's NFL draft.  I drafted Barkley yesterday.

Idk - have you seen the Skins dumpster fire?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Speaking of bad luck, your Giants will probably get the first pick in next year's NFL draft.  I drafted Barkley yesterday.

Giants are gonna surprise. Defense will suck in the beginning but if healthy will get it together. Lawrence is a monster. Back end is better, but the LB's are a work in progress. Since 2009. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, joeshushu said:

And your cute wife doesn’t mind. Lucky guy. I did my draft at Hooters but I am not married. 

A couple of the guys brought their wives; the rest of us were like :mellow: .  I told my wife about it and her attitude was "why would I want to crash your guys Hangover wannabee trip to Vegas?!"  :cheers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Giants are gonna surprise. Defense will suck in the beginning but if healthy will get it together. Lawrence is a monster. Back end is better, but the LB's are a work in progress. Since 2009. 

And when I kill Barkley in the second game how are they going to score?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Idk - have you seen the Skins dumpster fire?

Point taken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bert said:

And when I kill Barkley in the second game how are they going to score?

They won't. That goes for nearly every team in the NFL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Less than two weeks until the home league draft. I had never had a top 3 pick in the 13 years I have been there. Picks 9 and 10 probably half the years. I couldn't believe it when my envelope was the last one standing this year. I actually may prefer 3rd or 4th and just take whatever rb that falls out of my top 4. Get an earlier second and prob still get my third round guy no matter what. 

Ffball has not lost its luster, and the draft is a blast. It's not full of sharks, so there are always questionable picks and teams. Plus players can fall, like Barkley who fell to me in the second last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Saturday. Usually do it memorial weekend but it’s already hard enough to get 12 guys online and everyone has plans and trips and stuff.

 

Labor day weekend I meant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

This Saturday. Usually do it memorial weekend but it’s already hard enough to get 12 guys online and everyone has plans and trips and stuff.

Yeah, May is a busy month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, May is a busy month. 

Oops, Labor Day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bert said:

The cool guys get a suite and do the draft in Vegas.  The other schmucks can draft on line.  Problem solved. 

I had a draft last night and one Friday.

It wouldn’t happen. Too many of the founding members wouldn’t be able to go and they are usually the ones who do all the planning. I’ll need to find another league to join if I ever want to do a Vegas draft 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any redraft league that drafts before the final presason game is utter shite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, edjr said:

Any redraft league that drafts before the final presason game is utter shite.

Our $200 12 man decided on August 9th(earliest ever)due to date complications etc. :mad:

Granted we all were there,play under same rules etc. but it was way too early!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

It wouldn’t happen. Too many of the founding members wouldn’t be able to go and they are usually the ones who do all the planning. I’ll need to find another league to join if I ever want to do a Vegas draft 

.... or you go to Vegas and draft from a cabana and send them pics to entice them for next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, edjr said:

Any redraft league that drafts before the final presason game is utter shite.

Ours is the Tuesday after the last preseason game. I guess nothing much will change after the 3rd preseason game, but this year you have 2 main running backs holding out. And every season you have the when will Luck be ready to play drama. And we need to see if Antonio Brown likes his locker or whatever he finds to whine about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×