Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Travis Kelce

Where are you guys seeing him go? Wanting to take him but I don’t want to draft him any earlier than round 3. 

You need to do some mocks... I haven’t seen him last to 3rd round. ... often taken in the first

He's going mid round 2 at the latest. My suggestion would be to change your view to Kittle. You can often get him round 3 and I believe hell out up similar production.

I figured he was going in the second. I just don’t know if I want to waste a second round pick on him. Haven’t ever taken a TE any sooner than the 3rd 

11 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I figured he was going in the second. I just don’t know if I want to waste a second round pick on him. Haven’t ever taken a TE any sooner than the 3rd 

PPR? Yes take him

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

I still wouldn’t spend a 2nd on a te. Especially if there is the last of the really good WR available. I’d prefer to jump down to the next tier of te in rnd 5-7 if I had to have a good one.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I still wouldn’t spend a 2nd on a te. Especially if there is the last of the really good WR available. I’d prefer to jump down to the next tier of te in rnd 5-7 if I had to have a good one.

That’s where I’m at. I don’t want to spend a 2nd round pick on him. 3rd? Yea I’ll do that cause he will be the top scoring TE again and will put up the points. He’ll get a ton of targets. But I can’t justify the 2nd round pick. If I can’t get him in the 3rd then I’ll be waiting on TE 

The problem is I see kittle and ertz regressing slightly and that gap between kelce and the rest growing..not getting smaller.

Having said that...after kelce there isnt a ton of point difference in the next 5-6 guys IMO

Kelce is worth a reach imho. You end up with not only what should be the far-and-away best TE in the league, but a WR1 in your TE slot each week. That's a underrated advantage.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Just look at it from a pure ppg advantage. The gap between the receiver you would get in the second to the next receiver would most likely be smaller than the gap between Kelce and the next tight end you get. 

Yeah I'm 10th...I'll probably go WR unless a gem falls.

In the early 2nd I have 3 guys I'll take...if they are not there..I dont have any issue going kelce. 

Feel like thru a season you can always find running backs.

I'm not sure the hesistancy on Kelce.

Maybe he regresses but he had 5 100 yard games.

7 games over 95 yards and didn't even put up any stats in week 17.

100 catches 1,300 yards and 10 tds at your tight end position?

H'es Gronk without the injury history 

I think you can't go wrong either way but it's all about positional advantage.

Using .5 PPR scoring Kelce averaged 15.3 PPG last year.  The #12 tight end in terms of PPG (Austin Hooper) averaged 7.8 points per game.   

So basically your weekly advantage over that team starting the #12 tight end across the whole course of the season is about 15.3-7.8 or 7.5 points per game differnce

Odell Beckham last year scored 15.1 PPG last year.  The #24th WR in terms of PPG (Alshon) averaged 11.8 PPG.    The #36th WR in terms of PPG (Mike Williams) averaged 9.8 points per game.

So bascially your weekly advantage of Beckham over the #24th and #36th WR per game across the course of the season was 15.1-11.8 = 3.3 and 15.1-9.8=5.3

Stats change, peeps get hurt ect, but that's the basic crux you will see for why taking Kelce over a WR early can make sense 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Matt Mueller said:

I think you can't go wrong either way but it's all about positional advantage.

Using .5 PPR scoring Kelce averaged 15.3 PPG last year.  The #12 tight end in terms of PPG (Austin Hooper) averaged 7.8 points per game.   

So basically your weekly advantage over that team starting the #12 tight end across the whole course of the season is about 15.3-7.8 or 7.5 points per game differnce

Odell Beckham last year scored 15.1 PPG last year.  The #24th WR in terms of PPG (Alshon) averaged 11.8 PPG.    The #36th WR in terms of PPG (Mike Williams) averaged 9.8 points per game.

So bascially your weekly advantage of Beckham over the #24th and #36th WR per game across the course of the season was 15.1-11.8 = 3.3 and 15.1-9.8=5.3

Stats change, peeps get hurt ect, but that's the basic crux you will see for why taking Kelce over a WR early can make sense 

Not only the ppg difference, but the weekly advantage of consistency and big games. The number 12 tight end isn't a very consistent producer usually, so his owner may miss some of his better weeks.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2019 at 3:53 PM, TwentyFourSeven said:

He's going mid round 2 at the latest. My suggestion would be to change your view to Kittle. You can often get him round 3 and I believe hell out up similar production.

this is about where he should go.

I wouldnt be inclined to spend a first round pick on him, but anywhere in the second round is fair game.

If you pick in the second half of round 2, you likely need to make a value call  in terms of whether you want to spend a first rounder on him.  because it is unlikely he slides into the second half of round 2.

anyone concerned with the concussion history? :ninja:

not that he wouldn't be willing to play through it if he could, but with him being knocked out in prior years the NFL can come in and say nope, you got's to sit.

I may prefer getting Ertz or Kittle in 3rd/4th but there’s a huge drop off in RBs in the 4th making it tough 

i would never take a TE in the first 2 rounds.   TE is deep this year...you can get OJ,  hunter henry or evan engram in the 6-7 rounds.   or wait even later and get jordan reed,  andrews, vance, njoku

last year was one of the few years that TE's didnt perfrom well

9 hours ago, track 1 said:

i would never take a TE in the first 2 rounds.   TE is deep this year...you can get OJ,  hunter henry or evan engram in the 6-7 rounds.   or wait even later and get jordan reed,  andrews, vance, njoku

last year was one of the few years that TE's didnt perfrom well

Engram and Howard still have question marks. Kelce is as safe of a pick as there is on top of scoring a lot more points than them

WR is very deep this year.  Whether it's Kelce or Kittle, they both make a ton of sense.  If you wait, you may need two average TE's you have to choose between each week.  In the past, I always refused to "waste" a high pick on a TE.  With WR being as deep as it is, and so many of the 5th, 6th and 7th round guys could become excellent WR's, that it's almost crazy to pass on a sure thing at TE this season.  I would only pass if a top RB fell, or for whatever reason, a top WR.  I won't draft a TE in round one, but that's only because of the players on the board at that time.  Round two?  Go for it. 

If Kelce falls to me in the second I’ll probably take him. If he doesn’t then I’ll just be waiting like I normally do to find gold at the TE position 

LOL after all my talk in this thread, I took Kelce middle of rnd 2 in ppr today. The only other alternative was Evans, my desired RB and main WR targets were gone. Just goes to show how things can happen during the draft and you adjust.

11 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

LOL after all my talk in this thread, I took Kelce middle of rnd 2 in ppr today. The only other alternative was Evans, my desired RB and main WR targets were gone. Just goes to show how things can happen during the draft and you adjust.

Awesome value

I got him on a great deal in my auction draft. Wasn’t targeting him but he was being way undervalued and he’s in a league of his own at the position this year.