Sign in to follow this  
DonS

Spotify alternatives for Android

I just recently signed up for Spotify premium and it was working great on my Android phone, until today when I installed an update.  After the update I discovered that the widget has been removed.  You can read about it here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Social/Spotify-widget-gone/td-p/4802920

It seems like a minor thing, but removing the widget completely makes the app less than ideal. 

Since I just joined I have zero loyalty to this service and am thinking of ending my subscription. I actually need to check to see if I'm still within the 30 day free trial.

Do any of you guys use alternative music streaming services on Android?  Any suggestions? 

ITunes? Apple music? Same thing? I would be hard pressed to switch away from Spotify with the play lists I have built. Especially my awesome gangster rap Playlist

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

ITunes? Apple music? Same thing? I would be hard pressed to switch away from Spotify with the play lists I have built. Especially my awesome gangster rap Playlist

Love Spotify. People who have pandora are peasants in my eyes. 

18 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Love Spotify. People who have pandora are peasants in my eyes. 

I've been loving it as well.  I'll give the lack of widget interface a go to see how I adjust. 

20 minutes ago, DonS said:

I've been loving it as well.  I'll give the lack of widget interface a go to see how I adjust. 

Spotify is awesome. Love making my own playlists. They have other playlists that update weekly. One I follow is called #throwbackthursdays which has different throwbacks every week. No commercials is the best part 

1 hour ago, drobeski said:

Amazon music comes with prime...no commercials ..has everything. 

There are two prime music. The regular one, and prime unlimited, which has more songs, and more options.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/amazon-prime-music-unlimited-faq,news-25430.html

7 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

There are two prime music. The regular one, and prime unlimited, which has more songs, and more options.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/amazon-prime-music-unlimited-faq,news-25430.html

True. Regular Amazon music from prime has nowhere close to "everything".  But if you are into pay services unlimited is great.

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

True. Regular Amazon music from prime has nowhere close to "everything".  But if you are into pay services unlimited is great.

I use the regular Prime Music (not the unlimited) and it has most of what I want.

23 minutes ago, Kanil said:

I use the regular Prime Music (not the unlimited) and it has most of what I want.

I use it all the time. I won't pay for any music service.  I also do Pandora basic, which is just great in my opinion, I don't mind a 30 second commercial every 3 songs. 

I have AP music, but rarely use it... Pandora is still free and the site of choice for me.

I swear if you listen to Pandora for 2 hours..you have heard the same songs over and over.  Maybe its me

10 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

I swear if you listen to Pandora for 2 hours..you have heard the same songs over and over.  Maybe its me

If you start with a station of someone you like, and carefully thumbs up, thumbs down, you can get a great 4-5 hour playlist.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

And cant skip, cant get the exact song you want. 

Amazon blows it away.

6 minutes ago, drobeski said:

And cant skip, cant get the exact song you want. 

Amazon blows it away.

Hanging with those people who want exact songs everytime is supremely annoying.  Then they are halfway through one but there's one they want better so they switch.  

Obviously if you are alone, do whatever you want.

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

Hanging with those people who want exact songs everytime is supremely annoying.  Then they are halfway through one but there's one they want better so they switch.  

Way ahead of ya.  :ninja:

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

14 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Way ahead of ya.  :ninja:

Gross... put your pants back on.  No one, not even my mom, wants to see that.