Fireballer

Favorite Nintendo games

To say the original NES was huge when I was 11, would be an understatement.  I played that fuker for hours.  I still have it but its fuked.  No games work. Was it just me and my friends, or was it universally accepted to blow on your game cartridges when they wouldnt work?  Heres my top 5.

5.Castlevania

4. Pro Wrestling-this was just so cutting edge for wrestling games.  The top rope action, suplex to the floor, and King Slenders backbreaker.  

3. Legend of Zelda-Not much to say here but a great classic. The first real adventure type game that caught on with me. I cant imagine how many hours I played this.

3.  Mike Tysons Punchout-One of my great regrets in life is not beating all the fighters. I never beat Mr Sandman.  I got the code to Super Macho Man from a buddy and then beat Tyson. Took forever to learn to dodge that first minute of uppercuts.

2. Super Mario 3-  I wasnt a fan of SMB 2, but when SMB 3, came out, it blew my mind.  Awesome game.  All the hidden stuff is awesome.

1.  Super Mario Brothers-  I played this more than any game and still play it on my Wii U sometimes.  Truly groundbreaking game.

The original Zelda is my 2nd favorite all time. 

When I was a ki d these are what we played a lot

Contra

Bubble bobble

Mario 2

Double dragon

Rad racer

Original NES: Contra or Mike Tyson’s Punch Out. 

Nintendo Switch: Mario Kart 8 and Mario Smash Bros.

• Like 1

Diddy Kong Racing was a great cutthroat game with the right codes.

Tecmobowl of course with the original NES.  NHLPA was the best hockey game ever.  Once you learned "the move". 

Can't believe no one said Blades of Steel.  Rookie asses.

6 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Diddy Kong Racing was a great cutthroat game with the right codes.

Tecmobowl of course with the original NES.  NHLPA was the best hockey game ever.  Once you learned "the move". 

I think you mean Tecmo Super Bowl - the original Tecmo Bowl was rather shittty. 

Good morning.

I can honestly say, the Atari 2600 was the last gaming system I ever owned.

But on that, I was a Demon Attack nasty mutha focker. :headbanger:

28 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I think you mean Tecmo Super Bowl - the original Tecmo Bowl was rather shittty. 

Skins were champs on it, right after the 88' SB, so whatever that one was.   Bo Jackson, Kevin Mack, Walter Payton.  The most famous version.

Just now, TimmySmith said:

Skins were champs on it, right after the 88' SB, so whatever that one was.   Bo Jackson, Kevin Mack, Walter Payton.  The most famous version.

Tecmo Bowl - didn't have all the teams, no season mode (that was worth a fock), no stats - only 4 plays to choose from. 

Tecmo Super Bowl was the most famous version - Came out in 1991, had season mode, stat tracking, all teams in the league, did not have Walter Paytons. 

Just played through double dragon 2 on my Switch last night. Their online service has access to a library of NES games they add to periodically. Also has a cool rewind feature so you can quickly replay annoying parts rather than lose lives, keeps the game flowing.

RC Pro-AM was pretty fun.

I used to LOVE to play Mario Super World, Kirby's Dream Course and Super Metroid 2. However, my absolute favorite game is Legends of Zelda a Link to the Past.

• Like 1

You all posted most of my favorites already.  So many great games that I grew up playing.  They were freaking hard to beat too.  I always enjoyed the Mega Man games but they were infuriating with the difficulty level.

6 minutes ago, Beaker15 said:

Baseball Stars and Super Tecmo Bowl for me.  Zelda and Super Mario Brothers were awesome too.

Tecmo Super Bowl

Not Nintendo but still a good blast from the past:

I read an article that claimed Michael Jackson made the music for this. I definitely believe it to be true as it sounds like his style.

And of course Ghost and Goblins.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

R.B.I. Baseball 

Yep.

Along with most of those already mentioned, I played my fair share of Gunsmoke.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

R.B.I. Baseball 

Back when all sports games were playable out of the box and were fun.   Bases Loaded was my favorite.

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

It’s so sad that I’ve owned those games but my parents got rid of them. I was keeping and collecting them. But my parents sold them at a yard sale cause they didn’t want to keep them 😒

I gave allllll of my daughter's (which included my brother's former) games and systems away to a neighbor.

My wife bought me an original Nintendo and some games for Christmas a couple years ago.

Some of my faves growing up were Super Mario Bros, SMB 3, Mike Tyson punchout, Simpson’s: BART vs the Space Mutants, RBI baseball.

What I played the most? Probably Super Mario Bros 1 and 3, The Legend of Zelda, Tecmo Super Bowl, Mega Man 1 and 2...honorable mention to Contra, RC Pro AM, Mike Tyson's Punch-Out, and RBI Baseball. 

have you ever done cocaine with a girl and then stuck a wii controller in her yoohoo?