Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Darwin Thompson, RB Chiefs

3 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

I just picked him back up

You're in one of those weird leagues with no waiver period, huh...  Whoever is fastest to stake a claim gets the guy?

7 hours ago, AxeElf said:

You're in one of those weird leagues with no waiver period, huh...  Whoever is fastest to stake a claim gets the guy?

yeah, just one league of the 3 I play in.  But again he looked good and with both Williams hobbling, this could be a great play heading into the playoffs.

31 one leagues, what a waste of time.  

Chiefs are bringing in Spencer Ware for a look, which leads me to believe the news regarding the Williams boys is not good.  Go get Darwin now before it's too late.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 1:40 AM, AxeElf said:

I'm in one of those. Longtime family league where we launched 13 years ago without waivers and there's no appetite to change it. I might push for it, but truth be told I'm one of the more active people so it usually benefits me. Only restriction is that if a guy is in your starting lineup, you can't drop him until Monday morning.

29 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Oh boy... Officially not touching this situation and withdrawing my waiver claim. I don't really want to go into the playoffs relying on that whole situation.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 9:38 AM, weepaws said:

31 one leagues, what a waste of time.  

He said he's in 3 leagues and one has no waiver wire period.  

3 hours ago, Gepetto said:

He said he's in 3 leagues and one has no waiver wire period.  

Yeah I know that’s what he said, I was just poking a little fun. 

Sorry.  

I recall during the past offseason talking about KC being a RBBC this season, but was told A Reid doesn’t coach that way. 

Thanks. 

Nobody even picked him up in our league.  With damien possibly back, mccoy starting, and facing NE....I'll pass.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/12/6/20999021/evaluating-where-the-chiefs-stand-at-running-back-ahead-of-patriots-matchup

“It’s one of those things where you’ve got to just play him,” added McCullough. “I sat with the staff, and I made that comment— ‘We got to just put this guy out there.’ It’s hard to pick and choose. You didn’t know the game was going to become the way it did, so I just put him in early. Coach [said] ‘Hey, what are we doing?’ I said, ‘We getting this guy out there, man. Let’s get him going.’ And he performed at the level that we expected and we know it’s only going to move up from here.”

Thompson went on to lead the Chiefs in carries and yards, accumulating all while the game well in hand. So, despite that success, it is worth wondering whether the Chiefs would give him more meaningful snaps against New England.

“I like to think that I am one of the official presidents of the short running back club,” said 5-foot-7 offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy of the 5-foot-8 Thompson. “With Darwin being in that short running back club, obviously I have high expectations of him. But the kid — he has a dynamic personality, and he has a great work ethic... he will be given an opportunity at some point, but right now, he’s learning behind a number of great players, he’s spending time in that room with coach McCullough — they’re doing a hell of a job. And the only thing he wants to know is how can he improve on the next particular play.”

McCoy was once again on the field for less than 40% of the snaps against the Raiders. He had five carries for 10 yards.

“He did a nice job and had productive runs today,” said Andy Reid after the game. “Look, we’re not fooling anybody here and he’s not getting any younger. It’s my responsibility to manage him the best I can and I think I know him as well as anybody. I’m going to do what I think is right on that and if it’s wrong then it’s my fault and I’ll take that on my shoulders. I know he wants to play every play. He loves to play, but I also have to trust what I do on that part.”

Appreciate the local/insider's angle CMH, but even if he does get majority of touches, still going up against a Pats squad, one of the stingiest (the stingiest?) playing in Foxboro...you think he's still worth a play?

1 hour ago, NAn said:

Appreciate the local/insider's angle CMH, but even if he does get majority of touches, still going up against a Pats squad, one of the stingiest (the stingiest?) playing in Foxboro...you think he's still worth a play?

Not saying it will happen this week, but Patriots have been gashed on the run a few times this year.. 

1 hour ago, cotarice12 said:

Not saying it will happen this week, but Patriots have been gashed on the run a few times this year.. 

They have a few games, but overall 5th v the run (opponents avg 94ypg), and 1st in rush TDs allowed (5)

5 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

anyone else turn off signatures cause of Weepaws?

🤦‍♂️ Why is he posting this religious nonsense? Surely Mike will delete it, it takes up so much space

15 hours ago, NAn said:

I'm thinking more along the lines of playoffs and three games remaining.  If he gets a chance Sunday and performs well, he could be the bellcow come fantasy playoffs.

3 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

🤦‍♂️ Why is he posting this religious nonsense? Surely Mike will delete it, it takes up so much space

No he has some sermon in his interests that’s so long it does nothing but make the posts spread out

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

I'm thinking more along the lines of playoffs and three games remaining.  If he gets a chance Sunday and performs well, he could be the bellcow come fantasy playoffs.

help me here - who do you think is the top KC back this weekend?  i think you are discussing Thompson here but the article seems to be arguing that they will go ahead and give mccoy a ton of work

3 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Ok, got you, ala DamWilliams late last year for your boys.  But for this week do you seem him performing well? First round and looking to move on.  Looking at him or JamWilliams in my flex.

I think McCoy gets the nod as the top rb, but they did resign Ware, so it’s just another RBBC, that A Reid apparently doesn’t run. 

Mmmm. 

This week I'll go ahead and guess 14 carries for Thompson and 11 for mccoy, and Thompson has a ypc average of more than 4 ypc than mccoy.

Don’t think so. 

Nope.  It might have happened, then spencer ware became a thing.  However, it wasn't like shady looked like anything special either.  I still think Thompson is the most talented back on the team, but they must still have concerns with his pass protection.  I mean, mahomes is the most important piece of this team.

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Nope.  It might have happened, then spencer ware became a thing.  However, it wasn't like shady looked like anything special either.  I still think Thompson is the most talented back on the team, but they must still have concerns with his pass protection.  I mean, mahomes is the most important piece of this team.

and mahomes is already nicked up

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:18 AM, cmh6476 said:

This week I'll go ahead and guess 14 carries for Thompson and 11 for mccoy, and Thompson has a ypc average of more than 4 ypc than mccoy.

if you look at rushing and receiving it wasn't a terrible prediction, just didn't account for spencer ware:

McCoy: 11 rush - 39 yards, 1 rec - 4 yards, 12 total touches - 3.58 yards per touch

Thompson: 4 rush - 7 yards, 4 rec - 36 yards, 8 total touches - 5.38 yards per touch

Ware: 5 rush - 11 yards, 1 rec - (-9) yards, 6 total touches - .33 yards per touch

When will Elijah McGuire make his Chiefs debut?  

this could be why we saw more of Ware and not Thompson

On 12/3/2019 at 4:16 PM, zftcg said:

Only restriction is that if a guy is in your starting lineup, you can't drop him until Monday morning.

That's the same as my league that I set up in 2006. I don't understand why people would call that weird ?

The early bird gets the worm, you snooze you lose, etc, all apply to other area's of a persons life, why shouldn't they also apply to fantasy football ?

Over the years, I've even had people suggest each waiver wire move cost $2.00. Guess what each one of those that suggested it/were in favor of it had in common ?

They all consistently finished near the bottom. 

28 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

That's the same as my league that I set up in 2006. I don't understand why people would call that weird ?

The early bird gets the worm, you snooze you lose, etc, all apply to other area's of a persons life, why shouldn't they also apply to fantasy football ?

Over the years, I've even had people suggest each waiver wire move cost $2.00. Guess what each one of those that suggested it/were in favor of it had in common ?

They all consistently finished near the bottom. 

i understand your point and to each his own.  the reason i don't like that is that someone can be at a disadvantage compared to others due to differing work schedules, etc

3 minutes ago, cavern said:

i understand your point and to each his own.  the reason i don't like that is that someone can be at a disadvantage compared to others due to differing work schedules, etc

I wasn't thinking about differing working schedules. That's a good point. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, spongeballer said:

Reading from beginning to end... the bad advice in this thread is epic level bad.     😂

The guy has talent.  I've watched him at training camp.  I watched him in preseason.  And in limited game action, He's looked good ruining and catching the ball.  It ain't my fault he can't pass protect and get in games :dunno:

18 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

The guy has talent.  I've watched him at training camp.  I watched him in preseason.  And in limited game action, He's looked good ruining and catching the ball.  It ain't my fault he can't pass protect and get in games :dunno:

I hear ya man.  The challenge is not only spotting talent, but predicting usage too and that's not easy sometimes.

I've watched too many games yelling at the coaches to get the ball to who I think are their most talented players!   In my case this year, Gurley, Breida and AJ Brown.  I'm sure Ronnie Jones and OJ owners feel the same way.