Sign in to follow this  
JediMaster

Drafting from the 1 spot

Seems like Barkley is the #1 overall this year even with no OBJ and most likely teams putting 8 in the box due to a lack of a passing attack. Any reason to think Kamara or McCaffery should take top spot? 

Those picking at 1, who you taking?

If I had it I was pick Barkley. Had him last year and dude was straight money all year. The passing attack will be good enough to where he will still have room to run. Plus he’s a beast. My new favorite RB to watch since Beastmode isn’t playing right now 

I'm probably going to take him. He has a high ceiling due to a TON of touches. I don't think the offense is going to be horrendous. He probably slowed down a little last year due to being a rookie. McCaffery and Kamara probably had as efficient of seasons as they possibly could last year. 

If Zeke comes back before I draft I am taking him 1 overall. I'm also slightly considering trading Barkley for David Johnson + after I draft him

https://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/topic/487627-the-fantastic-four-how-do-you-rank-them/

Discussed a bit here, hope it helps.

There's no Todd Gurley surefire #1 this year like last year, that's for sure. Arguments could be made for all three and even Zeke if he reports soon. Barkley looks like he should be the #1 but CMC and Kamara are on much better offenses which is usually my tiebreaker. 

Kamara would be my ppr top pick. He might not finish top overall RB but he’s a decent bet for top 5 and that’s what you are shooting for. He’s twice proven to be able to do it even with sharing work and not even hitting 1k rush yards. Saquon would be second, I’m really expecting a drop off from him though.

I would take McCaffrey, but my overall attitude is , who cares at #1? Take your favorite. 

Can you trade the pick?  If so, I would trade down.  The difference between the top 4 guys (including Zeke) may be minimal and someone always wants to give up the farm to trade up in the first round (in leagues that allow the trading of picks). 

Currently do not have that implemented. Would need a league vote for trading picks away. But it seems to be a coin flip for the top spot. All have pros and cons. Tough decision.

I would go Barkley. I mean how many backs are true stud backs. A lot carries and a lot of dump passes. You can’t go wrong. Kid could break long runs or catches. Kamara will lose touches to Murray. Would consider McCaffrey but Cam sneaks some TD’s in, where as in NY it’s all Barkley. 

Personally, I make everyone swallow their chew and take Mahomie at 1.01. Come back around with D. Williams and Carson/Henry  if available. If not, grab 2 of Fournette, A. Jones, Jacobs, Mack, Montgomery, or Ingram. 

You feeling me?

5 hours ago, stonewall said:

Personally, I make everyone swallow their chew and take Mahomie at 1.01. Come back around with D. Williams and Carson/Henry  if available. If not, grab 2 of Fournette, A. Jones, Jacobs, Mack, Montgomery, or Ingram. 

You feeling me?

It has crossed my mind in my 6 pt pass league. I still like grabbing a stud running back at the top

Now with Cam hurting his foot, does this mean we are back on for McCaffery getting the goal line work to himself? 

I have a feeling that the person drafting second is going to get the better running back. I butcher my first round pick in this league typically every year. I expect this to be no different. 

4 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

It has crossed my mind in my 6 pt pass league. I still like grabbing a stud running back at the top

Now with Cam hurting his foot, does this mean we are back on for McCaffery getting the goal line work to himself? 

I have a feeling that the person drafting second is going to get the better running back. I butcher my first round pick in this league typically every year. I expect this to be no different. 

I have actually only drafted a QB at 1.01 twice in my career....and both times were in 12-man 6-pt TD leagues.

Rogers in 2011 and P. Manning in 2004 (had him in a league during his record 2011 season too, but not from 1.01). Caught a lot of slack on draft night, but it worked out exceptionally well both times.

It's has to be a pretty special situation or a deep gut feeling to get me to do such a thing....but I think this is the year with Mahomie. Nabbed him at 1.08 in my first draft last night (with Kelce on the way back in rd 2), and am pleased. 

4 hours ago, stonewall said:

I have actually only drafted a QB at 1.01 twice in my career....and both times were in 12-man 6-pt TD leagues.

Rogers in 2011 and P. Manning in 2004 (had him in a league during his record 2011 season too, but not from 1.01). Caught a lot of slack on draft night, but it worked out exceptionally well both times.

It's has to be a pretty special situation or a deep gut feeling to get me to do such a thing....but I think this is the year with Mahomie. Nabbed him at 1.08 in my first draft last night (with Kelce on the way back in rd 2), and am pleased. 

I think there are a few options that could come close to Mahomes that are pushing me to pass on him at 1.01

17 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I think there are a few options that could come close to Mahomes that are pushing me to pass on him at 1.01

Understandable....and you may be right. Anything can (and usually does) happen in FF.  However, the stars just seemed to be aligned in KC this year. If Hardman and Darwin develop into legit weapons....look out.

First pick yesterday just before Luck news

12 teap ppr

1. Barkley
  2. Ertz
  3. Mahomes
  4. Jeffrey
  5. AJ Green
  6. Guice
  7. DD Westbrook
  8. Goff
  9. Big Ben
  10. G Bernard

J Samuels, T Polard, Pats D, Zuerlein, G Tate & All Day.

With the news of luck I am now trying to hit up that team for a wide receiver from him for one of my qbs.