Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

Cult Classic Dynasty League has two openings this year

1 hour ago, peenie said:

Hey, hey, hey! How many players in total am I allowed to draft?

Minus your roster size from 22 and whatever you are left with is how many rounds of picks you’ll have. 

13 hours ago, peenie said:

I made a mistake and made my team name my user name. I want my user name to be peenie! :cry:

How can I fix it??

I see you figured that out already, which is good, I don't know the answer, I'd have had to monkey around in some likely places to look.

5 hours ago, peenie said:

Hey, hey, hey! How many players in total am I allowed to draft?

Eight (minus one now). Seven more.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

God dammit I hate how their predraft thing is. I moved all the qbs down and my number 1 player was not selected

That sucks, man. :( I've seen people with this problem before, although I've never experienced an issue myself with many picks over many years at that site, whereas you've had it happen twice.

I always use a laptop and MFL has never done me wrong.  if you're on a phone, maybe it's less friendly.

I'm not pre-drafting because too many people are not. I'm going to take my sweet time like the rest of the people. Omg, have people never done drafts that only give you 5 mins??? It' s either pre-draft, be online or forget it, let the computer do it for you. 

10 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

fwiw, I had DK Metcalf as my number 1 target and it didn't pick him

of course I had the same thing happen to me in the DNDL

I think the site saved your team   😬

Guess what I won't do when it's my turn to draft? I'm not gonna draft, that's what I'm gonna do!! Who is Apocalypse Now? OMFG! RLLD if you don't take your lazy ass over and draft right now!!! WTF??

14 hours ago, RLLD said:

I think the site saved your team   😬

N-word, what is you doin???

18 minutes ago, peenie said:

Guess what I won't do when it's my turn to draft? I'm not gonna draft, that's what I'm gonna do!! Who is Apocalypse Now? OMFG! RLLD if you don't take your lazy ass over and draft right now!!! WTF??

It's a twelve hour clock so it can move slowly. It's 11PM in Ray's (and your) time zone so hopefully he checks in before he goes to bed.

Edit: His timer will expire at 7AM his time so he'd best check soon.

RLLD didn't check in in the evening and has six more overnight hours on the east coast.

If/when a timer expires, the MFL site automatically assigns a player to the team. If Apocolyse Now's 3.3 gets skipped, and I don't know this for sure. but I think it'll be either Jason Witten (if they use fantasysharks a player ranking site which partners with them) or Chris Moore (if they use ADP). 

seeing peenie's draft so far, i will have to nominate a new movies for her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS0KyTZ3Ie4

• Sad 1

we certainly have over 100 years for ff experience contained in the league.  :doublethumbsup:

but, yet very few make use of the pre pick function.  :doh:

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, peenie said:

We'll see!!!

you dropped the cle defense, and then drafted them.  :doh:

1 hour ago, taco breath said:

That move didn't work out well. She clearly changed her mind on them in the last few days.

• Thanks 1

I'm particularly liking MTSkiBum's draft. I took JJAW myself in my other draft and both Pollard and Harris were next up as the players I would have taken at 2.5 and 3.5 if the ones I did take hadn't have been available.

I've got a decision to make coming up. I don't have a kicker and the plan all along has been to take a kicker with the 5th round pick. But I may be sorely tempted to draft a different player there and use post draft waivers to cut a player I'd kept to make room for a kicker.

The fifth rounder is 15 picks away and the players I'm coveting may well get drained by that point. 

2 hours ago, taco breath said:

No, I didn't! I dropped the Giants! 

ETA,
Da fuq?!! I sure did!! What in the hell?!! 

🤦🏾‍♀️

16 hours ago, peenie said:

No, I didn't! I dropped the Giants! 

ETA,
Da fuq?!! I sure did!! What in the hell?!! 

🤦🏾‍♀️

do you have a drinking problem? 

1 hour ago, taco breath said:

do you have a drinking problem? 

No, haven't had alcohol in forever. What I did was drop a bunch of players/teams so that I could get new ones. I figured I only needed 1 good DEF and another for the BYE week. I thought the Giants sucked and for some reason, I guess without thinking or hoping that I could get an even better team, I dumped the Browns.

I added them back because I know they have a lot of new players and some easy weeks. OKAY!! Gosh!

We have five more picks to go. When peenie's pick at 8.1 is in, I'll wait 12-36 hours or so then open up the waiver wire to First Come/First Serve. It'll be 10 PM eastern one of these upcoming days, depending on when we finish. So if you want to make additional moves you can.

Players cut at this time are likely to be pretty decent seeing as, within the last week, somebody saw fit to either draft or protect them. Those players will not be available for pickup. If I do it right, and figure out how to pull the correct commish levers, the players cut at that time will be blocked from getting picked back up while everybody else is free game.  Otherwise, the first person to come along after a cut is made gets first dibs. (It IS how the end of the season works though, the last waiver week is week 16 and players cut after that ARE immediately available to the next team to log in). If you want a player cut in the next few days, you'll have to wait for week one waivers. The only players that will be available the ones that made it through the draft unclaimed.

When we started the league, it use to be that I'd open up FC/FS waivers immediately after I'd noticed the last pick was in the books. Well one year, I'd opened up FC/FS waivers and immediately made a roster move. After I did that, I got a complaint because somebody else had wanted to claim that player too. And I felt bad because, yeah the accusation stung, I can't say that it wasn't unfair that I had that advantage of knowing when waivers started and grabbing that player.  So, I don't do that anymore. If you have a burning desire for a player that slid through the draft, be online at 10:00:01 PM Eastern and ready to pounce.

I've turned off the draft timer because I'd made an error and stripped too many picks from Old School. He's on the clock and fortunately he didn't get skipped. Once he picks, I'll turn the timer back on.

10 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I've turned off the draft timer because I'd made an error and stripped too many picks from Old School. He's on the clock and fortunately he didn't get skipped. Once he picks, I'll turn the timer back on.

:wall: 

This is brutally painful. I''m turning the timer back on.

16 minutes ago, Old School said:

It won’t let me make my last pick

It won’t let me preselect and says Pennie has 2 picks ahead of me- I sent a DM to Volty with my selection

Tomorrow, September 1st at 10 PM Eastern, I'll open up FCFS waivers.

Now, it might open immediately after peenie is done. I suspect it will. That'd be a glitch, kindly don't pick anyone. I had to monkey with the settings to allow for players cut last week to be drafted, I set it on "all players available immediately" which I suspect means they all will be available once peenie concludes the draft. I'll block as soon as I notice peenie is finished but I may not be online and there'll likely be a window between her picking and me waiving the commish magic wand to block picks then reopen them tomorrow. Like I'm on my way out of the door right now so I can't do it for the next couple of hours should she pick soon.

What does that mean??? I don't even understand. :cry:

Does that mean I can add more players??

11 minutes ago, peenie said:

What does that mean??? I don't even understand. :cry:

Does that mean I can add more players??

If anybody sees a player they like that made it through the draft unclaimed, they are free to go ahead pick them up in twelve hours without waiting for waivers. Just go ahead and help yourself. But since everybody is at 22 already (some may be able to use IR to free up a spot), they'll need to cut a player if they want a different one. 

Considering that somebody liked a player enough to either draft them or to protect them before the draft, any player cut this week is likely to be pretty decent. One of them may catch your eye. But you can't just come in five minutes after the player is cut and scoop him up before anybody else notices. Everybody gets a chance; the most dismal team in week one gets first dibs.

More directly..... yes you can add more players, but to do so you have to cut players you already have since you're already at the maximum.

So I can get rid of a player and then pick up another player? Yeah, because my guy got cut from the darn Saints (Jacquizz Rodgers). I have to let him go and get someone else. 

1 hour ago, peenie said:

So I can get rid of a player and then pick up another player? Yeah, because my guy got cut from the darn Saints (Jacquizz Rodgers). I have to let him go and get someone else. 

You don't have to be online at 10:00 PM, you can take your time since you have all week until the games kickoff. But if you have somebody you really want and are worried someone will swipe him out from under you, be there, click 'add' at 10:00:01, and swing your elbows around like Karl Malone.

Edited by Voltaire

Avg. Wait Time# Picks

Top Gun5 hours, 15 minutes52 minutes6

Boondock Saints4 hours, 42 minutes56 minutes5

Firefly10 hours, 6 minutes2 hours, 31 minutes4

Donnie Darkoless than a minuteless than a minute4

Maltese Falcons14 minutes2 minutes5

Clerks3 hours, 25 minutes1 hour, 42 minutes2

Deep Throat8 hours, 56 minutes2 hours, 14 minutes4

Pulp Fiction8 hours, 57 minutes2 hours, 14 minutes4

Apocalypse Now19 hours, 52 minutes6 hours, 37 minutes3

Bedazzled8 hours, 3 minutes1 hour, 9 minutes7

The Wild One12 hours3 hours4

Tommy Boy5 hours, 3 minutes1 hour, 41 minutes3

Hot Dog the Movie4 hours, 33 minutes

Victor Victoria less than a minuteless than a minute 4 :first:

first in the league, first in the draft.

i feel like im playing with neophytes.

On 8/21/2019 at 6:20 AM, peenie said:

Bedazzled shall be my team name. 

That's a good name. I was thinking Black Snake Moaner.   😀

I want to get rid of a couple of players. Do I just go to Add/Drop and put in an order for the players I want?

9 hours ago, peenie said:

I want to get rid of a couple of players. Do I just go to Add/Drop and put in an order for the players I want?

Yes.

Each week if you watch a player burst on the scene or an opportunty opens up to to a benching or injury or whatnot, you can make a claim before Wednesday and the player with the worst record and point total gets first choice. It helps bad teams rebuild by giving them first dibs each week since they get the highest priority. That's called waivers. 

Or right now, after waivers, you can get anyone that hasn't been dropped during waivers. It's called first come/ first serve waivers.

• Thanks 1