Sign in to follow this  
justforbeer

My L. Bell Prediction was correct. What did we learn? Gordon & Elliot?

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

Zeke doesn’t want to work for his money and will turn down any incentive laden deal. He wants to get his guarantees then take it easy and not play hard and collect the money. Doesn’t care about the team or winning. Not a guy I want on my squad regardless of contracts.

You really mean it?

1 - Who wouldn't want to get guaranteed money?

2-What evidence is there that he will stop playing hard?

3-Doubt you'd find one guy in the Dallas locker room that would tell you Elliott doesn't care about winning.

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

Justforbeer is right, it’s not done til it’s done. We heard many times last season how Bell was reporting that week, that day, that hour. Zeke doesn’t want to work for his money and will turn down any incentive laden deal. He wants to get his guarantees then take it easy and not play hard and collect the money. Doesn’t care about the team or winning. Not a guy I want on my squad regardless of contracts.

The gap is about 1 million apart.  I'll say it's a done deal.

12 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

The gap is about 1 million apart.  I'll say it's a done deal.

Well he just retweeted a Joe Thomas post saying he should get 15-20% ABOVE Gurley deal. I’d say that’s what he wants and is dumb enough to not accept a penny less. I see about 40% chance he accepts any deal they currently have on the table.

27 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Well he just retweeted a Joe Thomas post saying he should get 15-20% ABOVE Gurley deal. I’d say that’s what he wants and is dumb enough to not accept a penny less. I see about 40% chance he accepts any deal they currently have on the table.

That's a lot of cheese.  15-20% would put it at 16-17 million a year.  Not bad considering they offered Dak 30 million.

3 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Funny how we sit in here predicting the percentage chances of Zeke signing without having a single idea on whats going on in the negotiations.....  and then  we assume that he won't play hard?  where are you coming up with this?  

13 minutes ago, Canadianfan said:

Funny how we sit in here predicting the percentage chances of Zeke signing without having a single idea on whats going on in the negotiations.....  and then  we assume that he won't play hard?  where are you coming up with this?  

We do have an idea. We know he isnt signed so he obviously rejected their deal. Not a hard conclusion to make. I was 40% on that, which means I took 50/50 and leaned against it happening, which it didn’t. We will see what they offer next.

The guy in my league that drafted bell last year, drafted zeke.

ironic.

13 days from 1st game of the season.

zeke or Gordon owners getting nervous?

As a Charger fan, I am happy Gordon is holding out, I think as a fan of the team with deep playoff aspirations its great.  Gordon comes back week 10 fresh and is strong down the stretch

Speaking Thursday, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he expects holdout RB Ezekiel Elliott to miss games.

"I just accept that," Jones said matter of factly. "He can’t and won’t miss them all." We are firmly into the mind games portion of this standoff. The reality, however, is that Jones is right. Elliott needs to report within the next 2-3 days to have a realistic shot at suiting up for the opener against the Giants. Fourth-round rookie Tony Pollard would be a plug-and-play RB2 in Elliott's absence. Even 1-2 starts would make Pollard fully worth a 10th-12th round pick.

These two running back’s are the biggest story of fantasy football.  If you drafted them in the first round, You did not learn from last year.   At the very least you should have made sure you had their back ups. 

Really liking my chances of having a #1rb in the 15th round of our draft with Pollard!

Six days from the start of the season, you ready for some football??

No zeke, cmon you fool! Dont sign! I can Ride pollard to the playoffs!!

M. gordon is a no show too.....

3 days to start the season!

If I can get one game without him stuffing fruit loops into his face after a four yard carry, I'd feel like the luckiest man on earth.

• Haha 1