Sign in to follow this  
AOC: The Electoral College Is a ‘Scam’...

Of course it works when a Democrat is in the White House...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ocasio-cortez-electoral-college-scam-193639269.html

Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D., N.Y.) on Monday called the U.S. Electoral College “a scam” that negatively affects minorities.

“We’re coming to you live from the Electoral College,” the New York Democrat said in a video on Instagram, which featured her driving along a sparsely populated highway in what appears to be a desert somewhere in the western part of the country. “Many votes here, as you can see. Very efficient way to choose leadership of the country. I mean I can’t think of any other way, can you?”

The freshman congresswoman went on to cite a New York magazine story titled, “Here’s Every Defense of the Electoral College — and Why They’re All Wrong.”

“Due to severe racial disparities in certain states, the Electoral College effectively weighs white voters over voters of color, as opposed to a ‘one person, one vote’ system where all our votes are counted equally,” Ocasio-Cortez said. “Could you imagine if we had this kind of democracy-altering ‘fairness’ provision for literally any other group? If we weighed, for example, black and indigenous voters more because of unfairness?”

“Facts are facts America,” said the 29-year-old progressive, who represents parts of the Bronx and Queens. “The Electoral College has to go.”

Several Democratic presidential candidates, including Massachusetts senator Elizabeth Warren and South Bend, Ind. mayor Pete Buttigieg, have also said they believe the Electoral College should be retired.

The notion of ending the Electoral College has picked up steam lately in blue states. A number of states have joined the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, which would give the states’ electoral votes to the candidate who wins the popular vote. But the agreement will not take effect until the electoral votes of participating states total 270.

She wants to silence the conservative voters. It's only the right thing to do to save the earth.

My God, she MUST work for the Trump election committee. 

The best part is she thinks she’s being witty. She was probably waiting all week to do that ‘oh this is going to be so clever’ 😂

dum ho

Does this cvntt ever shut the fock up? 

Someone needs to tell her we don't live in a democracy.  Maybe she should go back to school.   Oh, and I'll trust the wisdom of those who created the electoral college over hers every day of the week.

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

Someone needs to tell her we don't live in a democracy.  Maybe she should go back to school.   Oh, and I'll trust the wisdom of those who created the electoral college over hers every day of the week.

I was just about to post this. 

It is up to each State to decide where they want to cast their electoral votes. They do not have to cast them all for the winner of the State’s  popular vote, they could cast them for the winner of the National Popular vote. This came up in 2016 . She should worry about NY and not the entire country when it comes to electoral votes.

13 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Does this cvntt ever shut the fock up? 

Hired by Trump election committee. :thumbsup:

She's such an idiot.  The electoral college HELPS minorities.  Minorities are mostly found in large cities... in big states... states with a lot of electoral college votes.  The Democrats win the states with the highest percentage of minorities.

AOC has upped her game since Pelosi's come to Jesus meeting. Focus on nonsense that we can't do rather than nonsense we won't do (impeachment).

She's right. If only the rest of the country was run as well as those places filled with irresponsible breeders.  

54730853_2386677848031777_57481407043207168_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

That woman is so stupid. It's just so sad people think like her. 🙁

She is a perfect example of the difference between knowledge and wisdom.

Wisdom is something we typically acquire through experiential activities.   She is young, thinks she has everything figured out as most young kids do.  She thinks everyone else is stupid or corrupt and she has a vision of utopia she wants to force on the world......just like Pol Pot.....

Sounds like someone needs a dlck in their mouf. 

The Electoral College is a sham and a travesty and is a disaster for our democracy.  

21 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

The Electoral College is a sham and a travesty and is a disaster for our democracy.  

⚠️

32 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

Yes. It's amazing we're still around after using it for so long. What a horrible country we live in thanks to this disaster. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

Sounds like someone needs a dlck in their mouf. 

Watch out for those chompers!!!! 

9 minutes ago, DonS said:

Watch out for those chompers!!!! 

More like she needs to watch them or else she is going to get flipped around and a dlck is getting thrown in her asss. 

Every county (parish for the cajun f@gs) should get 1 electoral vote regardless of population. 

A Democrat railing against the Electoral College. That's so 2016. She must be running out of race baiting BS to talk about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FeelingMN said:

I think he was still a democrat then. Lol. 

5 hours ago, FeelingMN said:

Idiot 

3 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Every county (parish for the cajun f@gs) should get 1 electoral vote regardless of population. 

I made this same suggestion here. One electoral vote per county makes sense to me, but if it isn’t broke don’t fix it. 

30 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I made this same suggestion here. One electoral vote per county makes sense to me, but if it isn’t broke don’t fix it. 

1 per county would mean a sea of red and make America great moving forward forever. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, she's a focking dolt. 

Either the left is promoting her so that they can move more left or they're promoting her so that she can make a big fool of herself and use her as the punching bag for the party so that people don't really see how the left operates.  The 12th Amendment was passed in 1804, enacting the Electoral College.  I highly doubt that one of the factors in creating this was "Hey, in 60 years, black people are going have the right to vote.  How can we f'k them over before it's even an issue?"

Why can people abort babies, but not dumbass congress women?