Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

My son started kindergarten today

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

I keep a few plastic trash bags in the glove box, will them with whatever garbage I have and throw it out at the gas station or when I get to work. 

Its not that hard. :dunno: 

Why? You live in Philadelphia. No one will notice. It might actually help by covering up a hypo and someone won't step on it. 

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Wow, school starting already?  Up here in NJ, school doesn't start until after Labor Day.

Kids, like their parents are dumber in the south

2 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I take back everything good I ever said about Ed.

________________________________  :dunno:

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

I don't know if it's dumber.  It's just different.  Kids up here get done school around June 7th (plus or minus).  If there are snow days to make up, they could get done any time of the month.  This past year, they were done on the 23rd.  I guess it all depends on personal preference.  Do you want to start in August and get done in May... or start in September and get done in June.  Honestly, I think we all have it backwards.  The south should start in September and the north should start in August.

25 minutes ago, edjr said:

Maybe it peaks here in MD because the north ain't all that smaht.

17 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

That screams DNA test.   :thumbsup:

:lol:

if he didn't look and walk like me, you might be into something. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

We are considering that exact scenario.  We are 5 br 4 bath now; 3 and 2.5 is the smallest we would do.  Oddly we are also doing a refi which lowers our payment about $1K and pays off in < 2 years (houses here can take a while to sell).  We love the neighborhood and have started to look on Zillow at smaller houses and properties.  :cheers:

Went from a colonial to a ranch.  Don't hate stairs yet (I think we are close to the same age 'skids--51) but the time will come when I might.  Rates have come down even in the year since we moved, so we are going from a 20 to a 15 with a tiny increase in payment.  So shaving 4 years off the clock at basically the same payment.

Also, stayed very close when we moved.  My granddaughter, my son, and his girlfriend live about two blocks away which is super nice.

1 hour ago, patweisers44 said:

Went from a colonial to a ranch.  Don't hate stairs yet (I think we are close to the same age 'skids--51) but the time will come when I might.  Rates have come down even in the year since we moved, so we are going from a 20 to a 15 with a tiny increase in payment.  So shaving 4 years off the clock at basically the same payment.

Also, stayed very close when we moved.  My granddaughter, my son, and his girlfriend live about two blocks away which is super nice.

Yep, I just turned 52 a month ago.  We've owned houses for almost 30 years and somehow this will be our first fixed mortgage.

My son is out of college and is renting a house with his best friend about 30 minutes from here.  It is an area that is being gentrified (regentrifed?) and I can't believe how little they are paying for a 3K+ sq foot house with a pool and hot tub on a pretty nice golf course.  Apartment for the two daughters is 25 minutes.  I don't know if it will last but it is nice to have the kids close enough for a casual visit.  :thumbsup:

My wife kind of wants to keep the house for some future time when the kids have kids, but she recognizes that doing so is not a path to retirement.  My crystal ball says we'll have it on the market within a year if not sooner, especially if my job gets "re-allocated" to another territory, which appears to be the case. :(

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Wow, school starting already?  Up here in NJ, school doesn't start until after Labor Day.

School starts here in Georgia the first week in August. Blows my mind! I'm from NJ and I'm still not use to it. I think it's unfortunate for the kids that they have to go back in the summer. We had the entire summer off.

1 minute ago, peenie said:

School starts here in Georgia the first week in August. Blows my mind! I'm from NJ and I'm still not use to it. I think it's unfortunate for the kids that they have to go back in the summer. We had the entire summer off.

I think I remember starting beginning Sept. Hated going back to school, but then got over it.

MI starts after Labor Day and ends 1st week of June.   6 snow days allowed.  More than 6 have to be made up.   

This seems about right to me. 

1 hour ago, peenie said:

Yeah, I liked having the whole summer off too... but I hated make up days pushing the school year towards the end of June.

Summer breaks are based on farming schedules I think.  AZ for instance is warmer so the planting/reaping goes from May to August vs. June to September.  I don't think there is anything magical about those months though, it is what it is, who cares?  :dunno:

22 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I do, depending where I am. 

Of course you do, because you’re a white trash assh0le

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, peenie said:

Which exit?  😝

• Haha 1

My daughter starts school next wee for the first time.  I remember being scared and sad when my son started 10 years ago but this time it feels different.  Seeing my little girl go breaks my heart for some reason.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

My daughter starts school next wee for the first time.  I remember being scared and sad when my son started 10 years ago but this time it feels different.  Seeing my little girl go breaks my heart for some reason.

This broke mine. He is my only child and man I have a hard time seeing him grow sometimes.  

Our next big step is gonna be him sleeping in his own racecar bed that is literally 2 ft away from mine. We have tried. He ends up plastered to me in my bed by the end of the night. One time. I thought I had a stroke. Not kidding. Woke up and could not feel my face. He was using it as a pillow

8 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

This broke mine. He is my only child and man I have a hard time seeing him grow sometimes.  

Our next big step is gonna be him sleeping in his own racecar bed that is literally 2 ft away from mine. We have tried. He ends up plastered to me in my bed by the end of the night. One time. I thought I had a stroke. Not kidding. Woke up and could not feel my face. He was using it as a pillow

Dood... you are his parent, not his buddy.  Sometimes that requires tough love.  Your son needs to learn to cope with things like sleeping in his own bed.  

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Dood... you are his parent, not his buddy.  Sometimes that requires tough love.  Your son needs to learn to cope with things like sleeping in his own bed.  

This! He will have plenty of friends, but only 2 parents. 

52 minutes ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

This! He will have plenty of friends, but only 2 parents. 

but you don't have any friends :( and always try to hang out with me. but im a sucker because it must be hard with the feet and all

5 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

but you don't have any friends :( and always try to hang out with me

Someone just saw my screen and they were "What the fock is Porkbutt. And Little Webtoed Porkbutt." Now they think I'm on some kinky website. 

1 minute ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

Someone just saw my screen and they were "What the fock is Porkbutt. And Little Webtoed Porkbutt." Now they think I'm on some kinky website. 

tell mom to mind her business

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Meh. Im not too worried about it. He has one. Its right next to mine. He just wants to sleep with me still. He's only 5. Soon enough this will end. So will the kisses. I am his parent and I act like it. I also know that when its done its done.  There is no going back. If it makes him comfortable i am ok with it. 

4 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

tell mom to mind her business

LOL. They also were like WTF is a Secret Asian Man. I didn't mention that between Porkbutt and Lil Webtoed Porkbutt and Secret Asian Man I was 2 out of the 3. 

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:23 PM, edjr said:

1st grade for my boy after labor day. Why do people outside of the North East start school so focking early?

Kindergarten is a great age. My son made 2 good friends and his birthday was this weekend, we took the 3 of them out for a day of fun, he can't stop talking about it.

I remember when your kid and Kilroy's were born ... yours before and his after my youngest on September 25. My wife got her to start grade one this year even though she'd missed the age cutoff by three weeks. School starts soon.

• Thanks 1

MDC and shegotworms started this week as well. But they are already behind in their studies.