Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Give me 10 new songs to download for a road trip

Also from last Summer,see what you think of the female background singers

1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

I like it 

FWIW,A3(Alabama 3) is the band that did the opening track(Woke Up This Morning) from The Sopranos series,that's what made me search for more of their music here's a few more from them you might enjoy.

• Like 1

Last one for awhile got a Cubs game to watch,but saw these guys a few years ago,this is off their newest release from '18,give it to at least the 1:15 mark when it really kicks in

You know how i am when it comes to music threads ;)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

YUCK! 😣

why? 

A couple of reasons actually   

1.  I like to experiment with acoustic versions of songs or put my spin on a pop song

For example, I sing and play an acoustic guitar version of Lady GaGa’s Edge of Glory.  I do the same with The Joke by Brandi Carlisle.  Clearly, I can’t sound like them, but I find a key that suits me, do a bit of arranging, maybe change the tempo, and belt it out   

I’ve done the two songs above at jam sessions and parties with friends and they were huge crowd pleasers   

2.  It reminds me of a time when in my 20’s I was having drinks at a swanky NYC bar and a hot chick came in to play a harp.  This harp was huge and awkward, but she handles it with such ease.  She looked like an angel sitting there.  

When she started her set with Hotel California I knew I had to hang around and meet her  

I stayed til she got off, then bought her drinks. We talked music for awhile, walked a bit, got some pizza, then went back to the hotel and banged.   

Thats why.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Also from last Summer,see what you think of the female background singers

They’re awesome.  I already have this one!

2 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

A couple of reasons actually   

1.  I like to experiment with acoustic versions of songs or put my spin on a pop song

For example, I sing and play an acoustic guitar version of Lady GaGa’s Edge of Glory.  I do the same with The Joke by Brandi Carlisle.  Clearly, I can’t sound like them, but I find a key that suits me, do a bit of arranging, maybe change the tempo, and belt it out   

I’ve done the two songs above at jam sessions and parties with friends and they were huge crowd pleasers   

2.  It reminds me of a time when in my 20’s I was having drinks at a swanky NYC bar and a hot chick came in to play a harp.  This harp was huge and awkward, but she handles it with such ease.  She looked like an angel sitting there.  

When she started her set with Hotel California I knew I had to hang around and meet her  

I stayed til she got off, then bought her drinks. We talked music for awhile, walked a bit, got some pizza, then went back to the hotel and banged.   

Thats why.  

All good reasons :doublethumbsup:.....But I wish i would have clearified (sp) ..........I was really asking THEM why. No need to change a classic / perfect song. They brought nothing new to it structurally, they simply added some new sounds, unlike Disturb's "Sound of Silence" cover. 

• Like 1

Just realized Cubs game doesn't start for 30 minutes here's two more artists from their 2017 projects