Sign in to follow this  
handbanana

Kelce from the 9 spot?

Im all-in on the Chief’s passing attack this year like most.  I’m thinking about taking Kelce at 9 and then coming back with someone like Connor, Mixin, Cook, OBJ or Hill at 16.

I like Kelce at lot better than Ertz or Kittle due to QB play and target share.  So I’d rather have Kelce and whoever than say Julio and Kittle/Ertz.  And neither Kittle nor Ertz will be there in the 3rd.

There are a lot of high-upside WRs/RBs in the 3rd like Diggs, Hilton, J Jacobs, A Jones as well and I don’t wanna reach for Engram or Howard.

What say y’all?

I don't like it.  There has only been 1 year a TE has justified a pick that high, only one year!!  And Gronk was Brady's first option, Kelcie is the 2nd option behind Hill.  Do I like Kelcie, yes I love him but not in the 1st!

If you think he will win you a championship then go for it.  Sometimes you need to think outside the box.

I think you can get Kelce early in the 2nd round... and perhaps you can get either Conner or a top flight WR like Michael Thomas to pair him with.

Don’t like it, don’t like taking a te that early.  

But good luck if you do or whom ever does. 

In a 14 team league standard league drafting from 13 I took Thomas in the first and Kelse in the second. 

My RBs are Montgomery and Jacobs. Hope at least one of the rookies pans out. 

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 12:39 AM, njacinto said:

I think you can get Kelce early in the 2nd round... and perhaps you can get either Conner or a top flight WR like Michael Thomas to pair him with.

Getting him in the 2nd probably depends on the type of draft.  In PPR, he's been going in the 1st in the drafts I have been in.  I wouldn't touch him in the 1st round.  Not a chance.  I've posted this before, but someone above sort of touched on it already.  In all my years of playing fantasy football, I've never seen the team drafting a TE in round one win a league.  I'm not saying it can't happen, just that I've not seen it.  Even when Gronk, Gonzalez, Graham and Gates were in their prime, I didn't see those folks winning a team a championship.  Years ago, on this site, a group of people were clamoring for Gronk/Graham to be first rounders.  They both did well, but I didn't see anyone post at the end of the year they won a title with either TE. 

Another poster here mentioned some good TE's you can grab much later and still get good value for.  Hooper, Cook, Engram....  Myself, I draft my TE's almost like I do my kickers.  I'll take two guys late and use the one with the better matchup for the week.  It has worked well for years and I won't change it, although if Hooper, Cook, Engram or Henry falls a round lower than I anticipate, I may nab them, but I doubt if happens.  My TE's last year on a championship roster were Rudolph and whoever I could get from the waiver wire each week that I didn't start Rudolph. 

I got him in the 3rd in a ppr superflex.  Had no intention of drafting a TE that high but he was just sitting there. Already past his expected draft position and I said fock it.  

14 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

I got him in the 3rd in a ppr superflex.  Had no intention of drafting a TE that high but he was just sitting there. Already past his expected draft position and I said fock it.  

That is a flat out steal.  Geez.  I'm thinking your team has to be one of the league favorites.  What other 3rd rounder is going to give that kind of value???  Congrats!

39 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

That is a flat out steal.  Geez.  I'm thinking your team has to be one of the league favorites.  What other 3rd rounder is going to give that kind of value???  Congrats!

I feel I ended up with a great team. A lot has to do with how well josh jacobs performs. If he is fed like a beast like gruden says he will be I am gonna go back to back in this league.  If not am gonna be left with a hole at rb2.