Sign in to follow this  
SWAMI SEZ

Le'Veon Bell or James Connor??

Full PPR 12 team draft - who do you take at the seventh or eighth spot?

James Connor 

or 

Le'Veon Bell

Have my thoughts on this but would like a little help from the nation. Please give me your reason that of your choice. Thanks "nation!" 🤔😎

nyj will likely be out of the race by week 10 and wont want to risk their most expensive player.

Bell hasn't played football in well over a year and plays for a craptastic team.  Conner is hungry and could potentially lead the league in TD's.  The value call is Conner.  

Conner...Samuels...look like clones. It is Conner's job on a good offense, although they lost nutball Brown, not sure how that affects the team yet. We will see. Bell had a year off, will that make him refreshed or hinder him? I think he has a great year. Jets are up and coming. Darnold looks to be improved, although their coach shys away from RB receptions, they paid Bell to carry this team and I think he will. I vote Bell.

Depends how you like to play fantasy. 

Conner is in a known system that has pretty much only lost AB from last year.  He is much more likely to be stable and produce - even if its a bit lower than last year. "Safely" a top 20 back.  50% chance to be a top 10. 

Lev Bell on the other hand is going from not playing football for a year into a system that is headed by Adam Gase.  Gase was Miami's coach since 2016, and saw Ajayi run for 1300 and 30 receptions, then saw drake only get 150 rushes a year for the next two.  The problem is, Bell could easily end up like either of those.  He could become the checkdown for the inexperienced darnold and be very active, or he could be put in a RBBC where he's eased back into football.  Lev Bell has the much higher ceiling, but also the much lower floor.  

It is a loooong ways away, but...week 16, championship weekend, Pitt @ NYJ.. no other player I want on my championship team than Bell.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, The Bard said:

Conner...Samuels...look like clones. It is Conner's job on a good offense, although they lost nutball Brown, not sure how that affects the team yet. We will see. Bell had a year off, will that make him refreshed or hinder him? I think he has a great year. Jets are up and coming. Darnold looks to be improved, although their coach shys away from RB receptions, they paid Bell to carry this team and I think he will. I vote Bell.

Finally someone else who sees it. Samuels and Bell are definitely clones. I don't get how people aren't seeing it. Samuels has patience, good agility, solid speed, size, and he catches like the best backs in the league. 

I would take Bell over Conner. 

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:34 PM, defectivesupport said:

Depends how you like to play fantasy. 

Conner is in a known system that has pretty much only lost AB from last year.  He is much more likely to be stable and produce - even if its a bit lower than last year. "Safely" a top 20 back.  50% chance to be a top 10. 

Lev Bell on the other hand is going from not playing football for a year into a system that is headed by Adam Gase.  Gase was Miami's coach since 2016, and saw Ajayi run for 1300 and 30 receptions, then saw drake only get 150 rushes a year for the next two.  The problem is, Bell could easily end up like either of those.  He could become the checkdown for the inexperienced darnold and be very active, or he could be put in a RBBC where he's eased back into football.  Lev Bell has the much higher ceiling, but also the much lower floor.  

You should check out the history of Gase.  He refuses to involve a running back in the passing game and the Jets have Montgomery for when that need arises.  As a Head Coach, he has been in the bottom 10% of HC's who utilize their RB in the passing game.  He also feeds his RB the least.  You left out that Ajayi had some MASSIVE rushing games in the good season he had, and also that the Jet's and Bill's were not nearly as good on defense as they are today.  I'm not necessarily against Bell, but the entire story needs to be told and not just stats that back up a single position. 

Personally, I would take Conner.  Bell ran behind the best run blocking line in the NFL.  He had a QB who consistently looked for him as the main checkdown option.  He also has that weird stutter step rushing style that may hinder him in NY.  Will their line be able to hold blocks as long as the Steelers could?  I'm not sold.  I don't think Bell is going to be a bust, but no way am I hitching my wagon to a guy who hasn't played in a year and I would never do so with any RB under Gase.  I was a huge fan of Gase at one time, but I think he's highly overrated now.  I'm also not convinced he wants Bell on his team.  We shall see.  If anything, I would expect Darnold to have more success this season as Bell is a good pass blocker.  You may see Montgomery and Bell in the same backfield at times with Bell being used as a blocker.  Sounds crazy for such a highly paid player, but if you think Gase cares about Bell, or his stats, at all, you would be wrong. 

i love Conner this year as one of the safest picks in the first two rounds.