Sign in to follow this  
pooleman

Keepers Due Tonight

1 pt/10 yrds, 6 pts/td, 19 players to draft, keep only 2, auction league $300

I have to choose bet Austin Ekeler $1 or S. Diggs $24. My concern is that if Gordon comes back earlier in the season I waste a keeper on a backup. Diggs would already slate in as a starter.

2 hours ago, pooleman said:

1 pt/10 yrds, 6 pts/td, 19 players to draft, keep only 2, auction league $300

I have to choose bet Austin Ekeler $1 or S. Diggs $24. My concern is that if Gordon comes back earlier in the season I waste a keeper on a backup. Diggs would already slate in as a starter.

Gordon will be back at some point.  He cannot sit out the entire season, since his contract would role over and he'd still be a year away from FA.  He will report no later than Week 10.  But, right now, there's no way to gauge when he'll show.

What do you project Diggs to actually go for?  Ekeler won't go for much but could see a little inflation given the situation but you should also remember and base your decision around Ekeler's role throughout the season.  IMO, he may have a small spike in carries with Gordon out but it will be a timeshare with Jackson...I think Ekeler's role is actually quite safe from game 1 on through the whole season.  He had standalone value last year and for that reason, I think you may not be thinking about his season long value, just the first-half with Gordon away.  I would go Ekeler but that is with many assumptions and not having any sense of what other players are being kept.

FWIW I just checked an auction calculator based on standard scoring, 12 teams with 11 bench spots...Ekeler 15 and Diggs 33.  Kind of backs up my conclusion above.

23 hours ago, jctds said:

What do you project Diggs to actually go for?  Ekeler won't go for much but could see a little inflation given the situation but you should also remember and base your decision around Ekeler's role throughout the season.  IMO, he may have a small spike in carries with Gordon out but it will be a timeshare with Jackson...I think Ekeler's role is actually quite safe from game 1 on through the whole season.  He had standalone value last year and for that reason, I think you may not be thinking about his season long value, just the first-half with Gordon away.  I would go Ekeler but that is with many assumptions and not having any sense of what other players are being kept.

FWIW I just checked an auction calculator based on standard scoring, 12 teams with 11 bench spots...Ekeler 15 and Diggs 33.  Kind of backs up my conclusion above.

I see a slight regression for Diggs.  The Vikings want a run-first offense.  That makes sense as Cousins is at his best in the play-action.  With Cook back and healthy, the addition of Mattison and Irv Smith Jr, there are more weapons this year, meaning he'll likely see fewer targets.  The situation with the Chargers is a difficult one to gauge.  I know I'm in the minority, but I think they'll get a deal done before the season starts.  Furthermore, there's always a concern with Ekeler's health when his usage increases, like last year when he got hurt replacing an injured Gordon.  It's a tough choice between the two.  Certainly, there's better value with Ekeler.