Sign in to follow this  
Daltnator

Pick advice

So, my league is 10 team, 2 keeper PPR. We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 2 RB/WR Flex and 1 TE, 1 K, Def. 

Standard PPR scoring with 3 of bonuses at 100 yds rush/rec and 300 yds passing

My keepers are Dalvin Cook and ODB. We don't announce till the draft. 

So, our 1st round is essentially the 3rd round after everyone keeps 2. 

I pick 9th in the first round(because of a trade) and the 6th spot the rest of the way. The players that had to go back in this year are AJ Green, David Johnson, Devonta Freeman and Gurley. The top players, along with the aforementioned,  that I think would be available after keepers are Keenan, Thielein, Diggs, Damien Williams, Josh Jacobs, David Montgomery, Kelce(though I think the guy I traded with is targeting him, so I don't think he will be there!) and POSSIBLY Kerryon and JuJu, though they may be draft time trades. 

My league places a big value on Rookie RBs, giving an extra year of keeper eligibility if drafted and stays on the same team all year, so Josh Jacobs  and David  Montgomery are intriguing!! I don't think either would be there in the next round if I pass with my first pick.(especially considering a Bears Fan picks one spot before me coming back up)!

Who outta those guys do you like from the 9th spot or who do you think may be a better selection that I may not have mentioned?!?!

I'm going back and forth with whom I like!!! My draft is Friday night!! HELLLLLLPPPPPP!!!

In this order, I'd go Gurley, Johnson, Josh Jacobs, Freeman, Montgomery.  Jacobs and Montgomery are good options, particularly Jacobs, given Gruden's history of RB usage in his offenses.  Montgomery is an intriguing option, and Bears coach said today that he believes they overused Cohen last year.  This would indicate the Montgomery is in for a good percentage of the snaps (though they also have Mike Davis).  Gurley and Freeman are reported as healthy as they've been, with no negative comments about their camps.  I hope this helps, good luck.

I forgot to mention AB as a possibility. Is 3rd round to early for a headcase that has the potential to be a top 5 guy?