Sign in to follow this  
MDC

College football fans who don’t have a local team

Where do you live and who do you root for, and why? 

Only major program anywhere near me is Penn State and fock them. Just wondering if fans without a local team pick one at random or just watch the sport for the hell of it without a rooting interest.

My favorite team is my alma mater - Miami University (MAC). I enjoy not having a favorite "major football program" team and just like watching good games. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

My favorite team is my alma mater - Miami University (MAC). I enjoy not having a favorite "major football program" team and just like watching good games. 

Same with UB.  Although they have put together a nice run.  Ill go to a game maybe every other year

29 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

On an unrelated note - I was at Miami when Roethlisberger was there and although he was quite an assshole, he taught me a lot when it came to picking up chicks - Yes means yes and no means anal. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, MDC said:

Where do you live and who do you root for, and why? 

Only major program anywhere near me is Penn State and fock them. Just wondering if fans without a local team pick one at random or just watch the sport for the hell of it without a rooting interest.

Temple is near you.  PSU doesn’t want you either btw.

Isn't Penn State about 4 hours from Fishtown? 

Just now, Djgb13 said:

National champs Clemson tigers 

I will say this. When the Clemson fans were here for the national championship game, they were the nicest people I've ever met. Everyone of them that I met was a complete pleasure to be around. 

Just now, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

I will say this. When the Clemson fans were here for the national championship game, they were the nicest people I've ever met. Everyone of them that I met was a complete pleasure to be around. 

Southern manners man. We get our asses beat by our moms if we didn’t act respectful. Now that’s not to say there aren’t a few bad apples but a majority of people here are very friendly which is why I love living here 

3 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Southern manners man. We get our asses beat by our moms if we didn’t act respectful. Now that’s not to say there aren’t a few bad apples but a majority of people here are very friendly which is why I love living here 

Yep. I needed my ass kicked about every 3 months. LOL

29 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Temple is near you.  PSU doesn’t want you either btw.

“Major” program.

25 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

National champs Clemson tigers 

Need new teams in game. Peopre say, "Who you want win?" I say "Crimson." They say. "Oh the Crimson Tide?" I say, "No. Not Clemson Tide. Crimson!" I hope Duke win next year. No Ls or Rs. 

1 minute ago, Secret Asian Man said:

Need new teams in game. Peopre say, "Who you want win?" I say "Crimson." They say. "Oh the Crimson Tide?" I say, "No. Not Clemson Tide. Crimson!" I hope Duke win next year. No Ls or Rs. 

My dad would love that. He’s a big Duke fan 

My school only has a club football team. So I root for Michigan, state, cmu, (insert random Michigan school) in that order.

I travel to Texas a lot so I decided that Arkansas would be my southern team. Probably because they remind me of Detroit Lions.

I went to school at Montana State, but have no interest in division 2 football.

My wife is a Houston grad and they are the local team so I root for them.

4 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

If you root for a school you didn’t attend you are a loser!

Dumb.

I'm from Indiana, Notre Dame has always been my team. Didn't attend, like most of their fans.

Upstate NY

Syracuse is closest d1 school

I am a Michigan fan..... Only one college I went to had football and they were AA

50 minutes ago, Reality said:

Dumb.

I'm from Indiana, Notre Dame has always been my team. Didn't attend, like most of their fans.

Yeah. It's dumb. I've been a Tennessee fan since before I could walk. Both my parents went there. When the time came to choose a school, another school made more sense for me, so I didn't go there.

I went to Georgia Tech, so I watch them. I will watch a BC game occasionally.  Otherwise, I like to watch when 2 good teams play each other.  :dunno:

I used to watch a ton of college FB, but don't really watch much now.