Sign in to follow this  
oldtimer

In what round would you draft Gordon now?

It's probably safe to assume anyone drafting him early is going to be upset.  If he misses a chunk of the season, but returns for the ending (fantasy playoffs), he would have some value.  Where does that value fall on draft day though? 

Currently, his ADP is 3.02 (per fantasy football calculator).  Im sure it varies somewhat on various sites.  Would you sacrifice a 3rd rounder for him?  I would not, but may begin considering it if he fell to the 4th.  He won't sit out the entire season, but it's a risky proposition as to the shape he would be in upon return.  Where would you draft him, or begin considering it?

2 minutes ago, Brutal Brutus said:

I have him among the middle WR3s and flex type RBs. 

Do you think he's worth stashing for the fantasy playoffs?  That is a big assumption, but I'm drafting this weekend in a league and I have the 1.11.  I think he will be on the board at the 3.11 based on my knowledge of the owners I am drafting with.  It would be risky, but could pay off.  Hopefully someone else takes him so I don't have to make the decision.  There are so many "if's" involved with him.  If he's healthy.  If he's in shape.  If the team doesn't banish him down the stretch.  The list could go on all day.  The points he could potentially put up in weeks 14, 15 & 16 though make me wonder if he's not worth taking.  I'm pretty confident I can miss, or wait, on an early pick and be just fine. 

13 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Do you think he's worth stashing for the fantasy playoffs?  That is a big assumption, but I'm drafting this weekend in a league and I have the 1.11.  I think he will be on the board at the 3.11 based on my knowledge of the owners I am drafting with.  It would be risky, but could pay off.  Hopefully someone else takes him so I don't have to make the decision.  There are so many "if's" involved with him.  If he's healthy.  If he's in shape.  If the team doesn't banish him down the stretch.  The list could go on all day.  The points he could potentially put up in weeks 14, 15 & 16 though make me wonder if he's not worth taking.  I'm pretty confident I can miss, or wait, on an early pick and be just fine. 

Not at that point. There's still too many proven receivers that don't come with the question marks. You'd be drafting him near his ceiling and he's not worth the gamble at that price to me.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Not at all.  Losing your 3rd round pick for a majority of the season is a big blow.  You could alleviate that some if you get Ekeler.  I don't like tying up 2 guys from one backfield (hurts your depth) but if you really like Gordon it would be ok.  

3 minutes ago, Gipaldo said:

The bigger question should be where should Ekeler be drafted?

Round 6+ for Ekeler.

I'll look to snag Jackson in round 8+.

Gordon - DND

I'm in a keeper league with a 2 round forfeiture, so if he's there in Round 4 I'll be thinking about it (would cost a 2nd round pick next year to keep).

Very good points by all.  I'm not even a Gordon fan, but the idea of fresh legs in the fantasy playoffs keeps sticking in my head.  Someone else may have the same idea and draft him way earlier than I'm anticipating anyway.  I have seen comments on some new stories about people getting him in the 4th and they consider it a steal.  There is so much risk in drafting anyone that sits out games though.  He could even be traded prior to the deadline, which depending on where he ends up, could completely kill his value.  Thanks for the comments. 

I have first pick.

4th/5th round for me.

Was hoping this was about Josh Gordon who I would draft in round 6 in a 12 team ppr league, just ahead of Alshon Jeffrey but probably after DJ Moore and Mike Williams.  As for Melvin Gordon, maybe the 4th round, but I would probably pass completely.

He’s a upper end wr3.  

And im going to look for him and next weeks ff draft. 

I got him at 4.12/5.1 tonight.  Picked up Ekler at 6.12/7.1   .5ppr with two flex no K so we can potentially play 4 RBs

I was in a draft last night, in what would call an "average" local league...

12 teams, PPR league, 17 rounds :dunno:

Melvin Gordon - 6.07
Austin Ekeler - 7.12
Justin Jackson - 15.12

• Like 1

I took Gordon mid 3rd tonight. Im in a 12 team ppr keeper league. Kamara, chubb, juju, watson and mahomes were just a few that were kept. I felt comfortable with that pick. I snagged Ekeler in the 6th rd, guice in the 7th rd and later picked up hunt in the 9th. I took David Johnson 5th overall.

Im hoping the Chargers trade gordon to the texans for clowney. Would be a great fit. We'll see what happens.

7 hours ago, eagles115 said:

I took Gordon mid 3rd tonight. Im in a 12 team ppr keeper league. Kamara, chubb, juju, watson and mahomes were just a few that were kept. I felt comfortable with that pick. I snagged Ekeler in the 6th rd, guice in the 7th rd and later picked up hunt in the 9th. I took David Johnson 5th overall.

Im hoping the Chargers trade gordon to the texans for clowney. Would be a great fit. We'll see what happens.

Same boat. Got gordon end of 3rd...ekeler in 6th. Hoping they trade Gordon and give ekeler majority of carries.  

Would be a nice bonus wouldnt it?

8 hours ago, eagles115 said:

I don't see the Texans making a trade for a RB who wants that much money.  I do see them making a trade, but for a WR to pair with Hopkins or an offensive lineman, but more likely a WR.  Duke Johnson can carry the load with what they want to do, and they've had success in the past with lesser known RB's.  I see Clowney being traded this week for a WR/T. 

13 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

I was in a draft last night, in what would call an "average" local league...

12 teams, PPR league, 17 rounds :dunno:

Melvin Gordon - 6.07
Austin Ekeler - 7.12
Justin Jackson - 15.12

This feels about right.

I certainly dont feel like its worth your while to overpay and draft him in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Even if he comes back in time for week 1, he hasnt been in camp.   There will be a week or two of subpar play.

honestly going into a contract year, the smart move would be to be in camp, perform well, and blow the doors off come the regular season to force them to give you a great contract. 

This?  is just stupid.  You signed a contract.   it is time to honor that contract.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I don't see the Texans making a trade for a RB who wants that much money.  I do see them making a trade, but for a WR to pair with Hopkins or an offensive lineman, but more likely a WR.  Duke Johnson can carry the load with what they want to do, and they've had success in the past with lesser known RB's.  I see Clowney being traded this week for a WR/T. 

I'm originally from philly and follow the eagles closely. If the Texans want line help the eagles are their trade partner. Supposed deal would be Clement plus vaitai for Clowney. Maybe include Nelson Aggy too. We'll see. Duke Johnson isnt the every down back HOU needs. Gordon would thrive in that system. Praying lol

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

Same boat. Got gordon end of 3rd...ekeler in 6th. Hoping they trade Gordon and give ekeler majority of carries.  

Would be a nice bonus wouldnt it?

Oh ya big time. Even if ekeler got a 50-50 carry split with Jackson but he remained the go to 3rd down back that would be amazing. 

40 minutes ago, eagles115 said:

I'm originally from philly and follow the eagles closely. If the Texans want line help the eagles are their trade partner. Supposed deal would be Clement plus vaitai for Clowney. Maybe include Nelson Aggy too. We'll see. Duke Johnson isnt the every down back HOU needs. Gordon would thrive in that system. Praying lol

I'll admit I picked up Agholor in a few leagues when that news came out, just in case.  Rotoworld has a blurb saying they may trade Alshon instead of Agholor though.  Seems like a win/win regardless of what they do.  They would both be trading from a position of strength and the winners would be us fantasy GM's. 

DND Gordon or Zeke.

did try to draft their backups late.  Got Pollard in the last round.

I think Eckler is overrated. He’s great as a third-down back but as an every day back he does not perform as well and Justin Jackson will take a timeshare with him so that’s not worth a sixth round pick or even ninth round in my opinion.

27 minutes ago, justforbeer said:

DND Gordon or Zeke.

did try to draft their backups late.  Got Pollard in the last round.

I think Eckler is overrated. He’s great as a third-down back but as an every day back he does not perform as well and Justin Jackson will take a timeshare with him so that’s not worth a sixth round pick or even ninth round in my opinion.

Pollard in the final round is a nice addition.  Nothing lost if he doesn't pan out, but he could get some work even when Zeke comes back. 

On 8/23/2019 at 8:44 AM, SexyRexy said:

I honestly probably wouldn't unless he fell to the 5th 6th.

This is where I'm at. Extremely pi$$ed at Melvin. Last year I kept he and Lev Bell, got burned there. I was planning on Gordon and Conner as my keepers this year but with my draft 2 days away I'm letting Gordon go (would be pick 2.06) and trying to grab Gurley with that pick as he'll be available.

At this point I'm praying for the Chargers to trade Gordon to the Texans (maybe for Clowney??) in the next 48 hours but that won't happen.