goatlocker1972

Helpl on Keeper Function

First time using this software. I went in and entered all the keepers and draft pick they lose for the keeper. Changed to no, then recompiled. If I look at keepers, they are all still there. But, when I look at rankings they still show up also. What am I missing?

Also, when I look down in compile worksheets, under prepare keepers tab it shows done, saved.

My gut instinct is I'm not doing the next step I need to do to get the cheatsheets to update.

Hi goatlocker. Thanks for using Draft Buddy this season. With the keepers cost a draft pick, what is happening when you select the draft pick is the players get copied to the draft report tab, beside the pick that is given up. My guess is, if you look down the draft report tab now, those players are gone. That would explain why they now show as undrafted on the cheatsheets.

When you update and compile, you need to change both reset options on the action tab to "no" - as in, do not reset the keepers or draft report tab. If you haven't saved the file yet since updating, and this is the only thing you've done is update since the last save, then I would close Draft Buddy, do NOT save changes, then open it back up, change those reset options and update again.

If you've saved and those kept players are gone off the draft report tab, then best bet is this... go to the keepers tab, change the draft pick drop-down for each player to the blank selection. Then change it back to the proper draft pick so it will copy them once again to the draft report tab.

Sorry you lost those guys. I used to have people put the kept players right on the draft report tab for leagues like this and I sort of wish we can kept it that way, although people found it confusing why they weren't putting them on the keepers tab, which is why we changed.

Got it. Clearing the tab and resetting is working. Just will take some time. 14 team 6 keepers per team. At least I learned it on this team and not my 24 team 9 keepers per team. Thanks for the help. Also, the note only says to change the keeper reset option to no.  Thanks again.

Okay thanks for letting me know that. I should make that more clear.