Sign in to follow this  
purplengold47

Zeke just got offered a contract!

ESPN Ed Werder reports the Cowboys have offered to make holdout RB Ezekiel Elliott one of the two highest-paid running backs" in the NFL.

In other words, more than Le;Veon Bell but less than Todd Gurley market re-setter. That is surely not going to fly with Elliott, who is undoubtedly aiming to become the league highest-paid runner. What had seemed to be a fairly routine holdout has taken on a bit of an edge in recent weeks. It is hard to envision Elliott missing regular season games, but the opener is in just 17 days.

[jackiechiles] Who said you should take the lifetime tequila poppers at giggling marlin?! [/jackiechiles]

17 minutes ago, Brutal Brutus said:

After Bell last year, it's hard to trust any rumors at this point. As of now, it still looks like he's in Mexico. 

Won't you be if you got the 13 million a year? 😁

1 minute ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Won't you be if you got the 13 million a year? 😁

The only way I'd have 13 million is if I stole it, so yeah,  Mexico would be a good bet. 

Just now, Brutal Brutus said:

The only way I'd have 13 million is if I stole it, so yeah,  Mexico would be a good bet. 

Make sure you drink American alcohol.  

Zeke was reportedly going back to Dallas on Monday.  That Gurley contract will haunt the Rams for the next 4 seasons.  I get it, he's a special player.  That contract was horrible though for the team overall. 

Zeke has no leverage and should take an offer.  What are his options?  Not take it and sit out?  Pollard looks good.  Anyone running behind that line is going to look somewhat decent.  I think Zeke is a great player, but as a Cowboys fan, I don't want to overpay either. 

Both Zeke and Gordon are idiots..  Their teams offered (at least) MARKET VALUE to the players.  In Zeke's case - I'd take L. Bell over him, due to receiving ability.  So, $13.26+M a year is actually overpaying.

Didn't these guys see that L. Bell lost a full year's worth of earnings?!  😮

4 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Cap goes up 10% a year.  I can see why Zeke would reject it.  He needs a record contract now or risk being out of top 5 in 2-3 years.

That’s so petty though, it’s a boatload of cash right now, just take it and be set for life.

21 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

That’s so petty though, it’s a boatload of cash right now, just take it and be set for life.

We are dealing with a 24 year man-child with big egos.

2 hours ago, Bills04 said:

Both Zeke and Gordon are idiots..  Their teams offered (at least) MARKET VALUE to the players.  In Zeke's case - I'd take L. Bell over him, due to receiving ability.  So, $13.26+M a year is actually overpaying.

Didn't these guys see that L. Bell lost a full year's worth of earnings?!  😮

I disagree with the notion of Bell over Zeke, Bell may not be worth a damn after the 2020 season.  That aside, value to the team is also a part of his personal value.  With Zeke, they're a legit Super Bowl contender... without him, they're a 6 to 8 win team, maybe.

The ball is in Zeke’s hands now. I think we’ll know soon if he takes it or throws it back to Jerry. Atleast it’s not a stalemate and negotiations are happening. 

He should reject that offensive offer. Zeke's cheeks can carry way more nuts than they are offering.

5 minutes ago, LaChup said:

He should reject that offensive offer. Zeke's cheeks can carry way more nuts than they are offering.

I don’t know. That’s a lot of nuts. His cheeks aren’t that big. 

26 minutes ago, LaChup said:

True, but he can prolly hide some in that nasty beard.

Nuts are too heavy to hold in a beard. Physics bruh. 

Fruit Loops isn’t accepting that deal.  Like Bell, he’ll be eating much less cereal on a crappy team next year. 

7 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Zeke was reportedly going back to Dallas on Monday.  That Gurley contract will haunt the Rams for the next 4 seasons.  I get it, he's a special player.  That contract was horrible though for the team overall. 

Zeke has no leverage and should take an offer.  What are his options?  Not take it and sit out?  Pollard looks good.  Anyone running behind that line is going to look somewhat decent.  I think Zeke is a great player, but as a Cowboys fan, I don't want to overpay either. 

Gurley’s knees are already shot so yeah, that was not a good deal.

RBs in general aren’t worth a mega contract.

Wait until Saquon Barkley’s contract is up. I’m sure the Giants will make him the top paid RB

On 8/22/2019 at 7:44 PM, ricanrockers said:

Wait until Saquon Barkley’s contract is up. I’m sure the Giants will make him the top paid RB

Based on the way RBs are handling their contracts, we won't have to wait until it's up.

I gambled and lost on Bell last year.  

Avoiding all holdouts henceforth.  We in a new world now. 

37 minutes ago, Kent said:

I gambled and lost on Bell last year.  

Avoiding all holdouts henceforth.  We in a new world now. 

I took zeke and Gordon :dunno:

On 8/30/2019 at 1:02 AM, Brutal Brutus said:

Based on the way RBs are handling their contracts, we won't have to wait until it's up.

I think the Giants do it before his contract is up AND mostly likely, approach him.

I drafted Pollard, but I think Zeke is back week 2... nothing to base it on other than a hunch... now if chubby photos of him on a jet ski start surfacing a la Bell, then I'll change my guess.

On 8/30/2019 at 2:19 AM, American Chewy said:

I took zeke and gurley.  Go big or go home i guess.

I got Zeke, Gurley and Chubb in one league.  It's my all "if" team...

Wow. I don’t understand these RBs or the teams that piss away enormous amounts of money on them.  For whatever reason, the true warrior RB is gone from football.  You seem to get 3-5 years tops out of a guy and then they are done.  Of course, right after they sign the monster deal the injuries start piling up.  Look at Gurley....he hasn’t been right for a while now and that will linger forever.  Like it or not, it’s a passing league and spending too much on a RB just isn’t a good move, IMO.

Zeke should take the money before Dallas realizes what a dumb move it is to overpay for him.

3 hours ago, RoadLizard said:

Wow. I don’t understand these RBs or the teams that piss away enormous amounts of money on them.  For whatever reason, the true warrior RB is gone from football.  You seem to get 3-5 years tops out of a guy and then they are done.  Of course, right after they sign the monster deal the injuries start piling up.  Look at Gurley....he hasn’t been right for a while now and that will linger forever.  Like it or not, it’s a passing league and spending too much on a RB just isn’t a good move, IMO.

Zeke should take the money before Dallas realizes what a dumb move it is to overpay for him.

I agree. It's the offensive linemen that should get the money. If they are good that is.

1 hour ago, sderk said:

I agree. It's the offensive linemen that should get the money. If they are good that is.

Sure, they(OL) should get paid too and so should the RBs but they have to be more realistic about it.  These guys just arent worth that anymore.  Not in 2019 anyways.  Like I said, if there were more warrior RBs like Emmitt, Payton, Faulk, etc, then sure, pay them QB money but thats not the case at all anymore.  As much is sucks for fantasy football, The Pats "system" where they just plug in any old skill player and get the job done is proving that overpaying RBs or WRs is salary cap suicide.

6 minutes ago, RoadLizard said:

Sure, they(OL) should get paid too and so should the RBs but they have to be more realistic about it.  These guys just arent worth that anymore.  Not in 2019 anyways.  Like I said, if there were more warrior RBs like Emmitt, Payton, Faulk, etc, then sure, pay them QB money but thats not the case at all anymore.  As much is sucks for fantasy football, The Pats "system" where they just plug in any old skill player and get the job done is proving that overpaying RBs or WRs is salary cap suicide.

The Pats just used a 1st AND third round picks on the RB position...

11 minutes ago, RoadLizard said:

Heck yeah. Build offensive and defensive lines, and your "skill" position players are going to look a lot better. No matter who they are. I think everyone has the right to try to get the most they can, but only to a point. Just quit if your ego won't allow you to participate because you want more money than the next guy only because the next guy makes more than you. 

• Like 1