Sign in to follow this  
Survey: New York ranked least friendly state in America...

Really?  They needed to do a survey for that?

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/new-york-ranked-least-friendly-america-survey

If you’re looking to see some friendly faces, you apparently shouldn’t head to The Empire State.

In a survey conducted by travel website Big 7 Travel, 1.5 million people weighed in on the “friendliest states in America” — and New York ranked dead last.

Though Big 7 Travel tried to soften the blow with an explainer — “locals might seem a bit gruff at first (even upstate!), but it’s a melting pot of many cultures and the neighborhoods in each borough of NYC have a community feel if you manage to stick it out for long enough” — it was clear that the majority of Americans do not consider the Big Apple as a nice place to visit.

It seemed to be a trend with the Northeast, as four of the bottom five states were all found in the region: Delaware, Massachusetts and New Jersey ranked 48, 47 and 46, respectively.

The top five were a little more spread out, however.

Wyoming ranked fifth with voters pleased with its “sense of community” and “safe” feeling. Texas took the fourth spot, bested by South Carolina in third. Tennessee continued the trend of Southern hospitality and took the second spot.

But, in what may come as a surprise to the South, a Midwest state was crowned with the top spot: Minnesota was ranked No. 1 as the friendliest state in America.

According to the survey, the North Star State is “hard to match, with a homey feel and locals who go the extra mile to welcome tourists.”

“It’s called ‘Minnesota Nice’ for a reason.”

I think if you live on either coast for a specified amount of time, maybe ten years, you should never be allowed to move inland.  We need to keep flyover country pure.

There’s a reason why no one retires to the north. Everyone retires to the south. People are nicer and have more common sense than the people in the north. Oh, and they aren’t liberal pussies like they are in the north 

Not surprising.  New York is full of ass holes .

3 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Not surprising.  New York is full of ass holes .

Smells like one too 

37 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

There’s a reason why no one retires to the north. 

People from the south can’t afford to move there.

Having lived in NJ and traveled back and forth to NYC most of my life, lived in California and now Georgia I can rank the states based on my experience:

From the most evil mean people to nicest:

Massachusetts

New York

Philadelphia (Lancaster Pennsylvania people are nice)

New Jersey

Washington D. C.

Maryland

California

Delaware

Virgina

North Carolina

Florida

Georgia

Tennesee

Everywhere else I've never been or is probably nicer than the states above

3 minutes ago, peenie said:

Having lived in NJ and traveled back and forth to NYC most of my life, lived in California and now Georgia I can rank the states based on my experience:

From the most evil mean people to nicest:

Massachusetts

New York

Philadelphia (Lancaster Pennsylvania people are nice)

New Jersey

Washington D. C.

Maryland

California

Delaware

Virgina

North Carolina

Florida

Georgia

Tennesee

Everywhere else I've never been or is probably nicer than the states above

That's because of all the New Yorkers that move here. 

31 minutes ago, MDC said:

Oh people from the south can afford it. Hell they could even pay for a place in cash. People in the north are broke just from paying for a place to stay. Which is another reason they retire to the south. 

The whole east coast sucks.  Every inch of it.  Hate it there. Connecticut was the absolute worst ever

31 minutes ago, MDC said:

@Herbivore

Looking for another call-out on the above trolling post.  We know how outraged you get over those trolling posts you hate so much that you were willing to call it out yesterday.  Let's see if you're really honest about them or if the previous call-out was just fake.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Connecticut was the absolute worst ever

Isn't that where the most rich people live? You'd think it would be like heaven. Everyone should be so happy.

6 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Oh people from the south can afford it. Hell they could even pay for a place in cash. People in the north are broke just from paying for a place to stay. Which is another reason they retire to the south. 

Everyone I know who retired to the south did it because of the lower cost of living and warmer temperatures. :dunno: 

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

Everyone I know who retired to the south did it because of the lower cost of living and warmer temperatures. :dunno: 

Duh. Does the English language fail you? I literally just said one of the reasons why they move to the south is cause it’s so expensive in the north that they go broke just paying for a place to live 🤦🏻‍♂️ Talk about a trolling failure 😂

1 minute ago, Djgb13 said:

Duh. Does the English language fail you? I literally just said one of the reasons why they move to the south is cause it’s so expensive in the north that they go broke just paying for a place to live 🤦🏻‍♂️ Talk about a trolling failure 😂

It’s so expensive in the Northeast that Southerners can’t move here.

Just now, MDC said:

It’s so expensive in the Northeast that Southerners can’t move here.

Holy sh1t this guy is a retard 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

• Haha 1

Just now, Djgb13 said:

Don’t you make like $15 / hour doing first aid at the pool or something?

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Don’t you make like $15 / hour doing first aid at the pool or something?

Just now, MDC said:

Digby can move here. He’s got a Yeti cooler.

Holy sh1t this guy is a complete retard 🤦🏻‍♂️ I see why everyone makes fun of him

8 minutes ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

Djgb and MDC. Both you fockers need to buy a vowel. 

Neither one of them can afford one. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Neither one of them can afford one. 

Yup. Neither can you which is why you live in Texas am I right? 🤣

3 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Yup. Neither can you which is why you live in Texas am I right? 🤣

Yeah, I'm a good ol boy.  Yee ha! 

If you work in the North you get paid well and therefore can afford to live in the North.

You live in the South you will get paid crappy, but your crappy pay still allows you to live well.

Live in the North where it's cold and where people are mean and distrusting or live in the South where it's warm and people don't have to bother with distrust cause they carry firearms.

6 minutes ago, peenie said:

If you work in the North you get paid well and therefore can afford to live in the North.

You live in the South you will get paid crappy, but your crappy pay still allows you to live well.

Live in the North where it's cold and where people are mean and distrusting or live in the South where it's warm and people don't have to bother with distrust cause they carry firearms.

I’ve seen people with crappy jobs down here actually making a decent living. The crappy jobs still pay you well enough to own multiple cars, a boat, 4 wheelers, deer stands, hunting lands, multiple guns, etc. In the north, those same jobs would have people living in poverty 

• Like 1

Minnesota ?  Why not just say Canada is the friendliest State in the US? 

15 minutes ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

Because Canada is full of those Frenchies. 

Yea but all MN is is South Ontario.

I’ve never been upstate but as far as the city goes, John Rocker has a more favorable opinion than I do. 

• Like 1

The problem with these types of polls, is that they're ranking locals based on tourists.  Meaning, if you visit NY and go to the tourist attractions, you're constantly surrounded by tourists.  How can you possibly judge a state's friendliness based on the tourists?

2 hours ago, MDC said:

2 hours ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

You're such a troll. :lol:

He's not wrong....

• Thanks 1