Sign in to follow this  
SexyRexy

Drafting from the 9 hole

Wanted to post this to get other's thoughts. I'm drafting from the 9 hole in a full point PPR (3 WR league). I am swaying back and forth daily on which way to go. Between RB/WR and WR/WR. 

I know just go BPA, but in the first 2 rounds I like to generally have a sense of how I want to lay the foundation, and this year I am having an unusually difficult time figuring it out.  

On one hand I can get the last of the top en tier of RB's I like and pair with a WR, but I'm also seeing that I typically find two extremely elite WRs at both picks.

Torn between take an RB and slot in my RB1, then grab my WR1 vs take the two best players which I often feel are WRs.

10 or 12 team league?  I drafted last night from the 9 hole and grabbed Julio, then Conner in the 2nd.  Mocking from the 8/9/10 spots I found my team was questionable at RB if I didn't grab one in the first 2 rounds.

I'm in the 10 spot in a 12 man and I really feel like either need to go all in on running backs or all in on wide receivers. I really don't like the guys at running back at the 10 spot or on the turn.

So I got about 2 or 3 running backs that I would take at 10 if they fall otherwise imbgoing to take the best receiver. In the 2nd round I've got 2 receivers that I really want and if they are not there then that means Kelce will be and I will take him. So that will pretty much set me down the road for a 0 running back which I've really wanted to try anyway.

I'd say identify a couple running backs that you would accept at 9. If they are not there then don't get trapped into feeling like you have to take a running back at 9.

I'm at 9 in a 10 team PPR.  I agree with the poster above that I went into my first few mocks grabbing two high end WR but found my team to be lacking at RB.  Lately I've been going RB/WR (usually Connor/Bell then Thomas/Adams/Hill).  After that I try to make the next few round about value and grabbing the best available.  At least half of my mocks had me taking Ertz with either my 29/32 pick but I don't think he'll fall that far in my real draft so my strategy will be to be to wait for Henry/Howard at TE and load up at RB/WR with those picks.  Guys like Freeman, Ingram, Theilen, Kupp, Edelman, Carson.

I’ve got the same situation. I find myself getting one RB and one WR. Depends on who is there at 9 which determines if I’m taking the WR or RB first. I don’t go for Kelce but could see it in round 2. 

At 3rd and 4th you can get some good RB2 or WR2, or one of the big 3 TE. If Mahomes falls you consider him there as well, his ADP is beginning 3rd

Drafted from the 9 spot(12 man league,standard,2 keepers)) two weeks ago,ended up with Adams and Chubb.Wanted to go WR/WR but didn't work out.

TD heavy scoring, probably staring at a decision between Connor, Chubb, and Adams. If I roll WR, Mixon is probably the top RB at 16 which is...meh.

10 hours ago, LaChup said:

Don't overthink it.....Mahomes and Kelce.

10 hours ago, SexyRexy said:

lol

No laughing matter, my friend. That is exactly what I would recommend.

For anyone interested I got lev at 9 and came back with Chubb in the second

it rounded out as 

cam/kyler

bell/Chubb/henry

edelman/Moore/kirk

engram

will spare you the bench

Hey good luck, and go win a ff ship. 

3 hours ago, SexyRexy said:

For anyone interested I got lev at 9 and came back with Chubb in the second

it rounded out as 

cam/kyler

bell/Chubb/henry

edelman/Moore/kirk

engram

will spare you the bench

Chubb at 2.04 would be ridiculously great. No faith it happens in my league. 

ETA: Went Chubb 1st, Adams fell to 2nd after a RB run. 

My results from the 9 fwiw 12 team ppr (also was planning to go WR WR if devontae or julio slipped (they did not)

QB: Brees, Goff

WR: Tyreek Hill (pick 2),  Brandin Cooks, Josh Gordon, Bench: Christian Kirk, Larry Fitzgerald, Desean Jackson

RB: Leveon Bell (pick 1), Gurley (don't know how he came back to me R3), Bench: Chris Carson, Miles Sanders,  Tony Pollard, Duke Johnson Jr.

TE: Kyle Rudolph

No Kicker/defense yet

Really liked WR WR in my mocks, but like my draft better than the mocks