Sign in to follow this  
sderk

EpiPen 'joke' in restaurant ad angers parents of children with allergies

:lol: 

Seriously, if you had a peanut allergy, would you be offended? And if so, are you gay or.... simply sensitive?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/epipen-joke-in-restaurant-ad-angers-parents-of-children-with-allergies/ar-AAGe4tL?ocid=ientp

A burger joint called "Downtown Brooklyn," located in Penrith, Australia, caused an uproar on social media with its ad promoting a new dessert, The Reese's Piece, described as "loaded with ice cream and drizzled in peanut butter and chocolate." Some parents felt the ad was insensitive, and even harmful, to kids with allergies because it read: "Get those EpiPens ready, because this is going to be worth it."

People are not really outraged, the media finds the one person, then writes an outrageous headline to get clickbait.

• Thanks 1

Fine!  Use "insulin syringe" instead.  :mad:

13 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

People are not really outraged, the media finds the one person, then writes an outrageous headline to get clickbait.

This.

14 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I guess the clickbait got the Hershey Company to respond and to discuss the Reese's brand. 

When I was in school no one was allergic to peanuts and everyone ate peanut butter at lunch. I personally have never come across anyone that is later in life either. What kind of mutated liberal pussies are being born these days? 

2 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

When I was in school no one was allergic to peanuts and everyone ate peanut butter at lunch. I personally have never come across anyone that is later in life either. What kind of mutated liberal pussies are being born these days? 

obama

7 minutes ago, sderk said:

I guess the clickbait got the Hershey Company to respond and to discuss the Reese's brand. 

They probably have a 25 year old "social media manager" that responds to every mention of them on major sites.

1 minute ago, sderk said:

obama

Barack Hussein is garbage. :thumbsdown:

3 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Barack Hussein is garbage. :thumbsdown:

I have never once in my life come across a peanut allergy kid. If there are now like 8% of kids with all these fvcking allergies, shouldn't the liberals be more concerned about fixing that than talking about fake climate issues? Stop kids with allergies from having more kids maybe?

3 minutes ago, sderk said:

I have never once in my life come across a peanut allergy kid.

Not for lack of trying, you sick fock.

:banana:

8 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Not for lack of trying, you sick fock.

:banana:

I guess I found one now...

59 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Somewhere around 150 to 200 people die in the U.S. each year because of food allergies. It's estimated that around 50 percent to 62 percent of those fatal cases of anaphylaxis were caused by peanut allergies.

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

Yup.

Heidi Klum posted a nice nip slip picture on her instagram maybe a week or so ago?  And the frickin USA TODAY! headlined an article about how her fans were mad about it.  Shes too old, she has kids etc etc.

Of course I rushed to see the picture...cause nips...Found it quite nice.  And there were 12k comments or so.  First of all most were in German.  And I saw as many positive comments as negative..but good old USA Today had to make it out like everyone was pissed.

The media sucks man....hard and long.  It's just gone at this point.

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Yup.

Heidi Klum posted a nice nip slip picture on her instagram maybe a week or so ago?  And the frickin USA TODAY! headlined an article about how her fans were mad about it.  Shes too old, she has kids etc etc.

Of course I rushed to see the picture...cause nips...Found it quite nice.  And there were 12k comments or so.  First of all most were in German.  And I saw as many positive comments as negative..but good old USA Today had to make it out like everyone was pissed.

The media sucks man....hard and long.  It's just gone at this point.

You seriously not going to post a link or a pic?

Where do you think you are? FBGheys?

24 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

You seriously not going to post a link or a pic?

Where do you think you are? FBGheys?

Instagram..If you dont know how to look up Heidi Klum on instagram, the interweb is not for you.

Besides, it's nippl-y....which is prohibited here kinda ---right?

3 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

Somewhere around 150 to 200 people die in the U.S. each year because of food allergies. It's estimated that around 50 percent to 62 percent of those fatal cases of anaphylaxis were caused by peanut allergies.

That's about how many people are killed on the south and west sides of Chicago any given night. :dunno:

7 hours ago, Mookz said:

Fine!  Use "insulin syringe" instead.  :mad:

Funny you say that; when I saw this peanut allergy thing I thought "hold my beer" about my diabetic daughter.  She has Type 1 which means her body does not produce insulin; without a pump etc. she would die within days.  Most people though have Type 2 which is linked to generally being a fatty.  If I had a nickel for every person who said something to me like "I hear that eating blueberries [or insert other food du jour] can cure that," I'd... have a lot of nickels.  :wall:

20 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

More kids are killed by blech people than peanuts.

And we ban peanuts

I wonder if Chicago south siders are allergic to bullets being shot into their bodies? Or knives for that matter?

20 hours ago, sderk said:

I wonder if Chicago south siders are allergic to bullets being shot into their bodies? Or knives for that matter?

Metal intolerant