Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

Peanut Butter Jars

Why is peanut butter packaged this way?  It's impossible to eat all of the peanut butter based on the shape of the jar and when it's less than half-full you end up getting it all over your knuckles trying to get any out.  Why don't they put it in a different shaped, more user-friendly container?

I bought a spoon with an extra long handle just to get the peanut butter out of the peanut butter jar. When it gets down to the bottom I usually cut the jar in half and lick the rest out.

4 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

Also worth thing to wash for recycling

Whats more of an impact on the environment? Wasting water on washing a peanut butter jar, throwing it in a landfill?

29 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

Also worth thing to wash for recycling

edjr just tosses it out his kitchen window

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Whats more of an impact on the environment? Wasting water on washing a peanut butter jar, throwing it in a landfill?

Can’t hurt water.

On 8/23/2019 at 12:34 PM, fandandy said:

Why is peanut butter packaged this way?  It's impossible to eat all of the peanut butter based on the shape of the jar and when it's less than half-full you end up getting it all over your knuckles trying to get any out.  Why don't they put it in a different shaped, more user-friendly container?

Don't buy the big jars.

3 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Crunchy > creamy 

Yes x 10. And butter knives work without the struggle.

I saw a news feature a good while ago where some kid invented a pb jar with a removable bottom for this reason. 

This is an issue?

Our peanutbutter jars are empty when thrown in the trash and no issue ever.  I wonder how many geeks make it through life.

3 hours ago, nospk said:

I saw a news feature a good while ago where some kid invented a pb jar with a removable bottom for this reason. 

I saw think Johnny Carson, possibly Jay Leno.

The jar had two screw off lids instead of one. (one on top, one on bottom).  This was a lonnnnnnng focking time ago.  20-30 years ago.  I'm pretty sure on Carson, and it was a "kid invention" segment.

At the time, I thought "Bammmmm....that's gonna be a thing" 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

This is an issue?

Our peanutbutter jars are empty when thrown in the trash and no issue ever.  I wonder how many geeks make it through life.

Well none, in the end. No one gets out alive dummy :doh:

On 8/23/2019 at 2:07 PM, t.j. booker said:

I bought a spoon with an extra long handle just to get the peanut butter out of the peanut butter jar. When it gets down to the bottom I usually cut the jar in half and lick the rest out.

I do this too...for my dog