Sign in to follow this  
Lamb of God

AB at pick 20/21 in 1pt ppr redraft

So I have the #1 pick and am pretty set on taking Barkley so when it comes around I'm looking at prob WRs of maybe Evans who I'd take no prob but if he's gone looking at AB, Allen and thielen. I wanna go two WRs at my 20/21 picks cuz they fly off the board in this league. So I'm looking at either AB/Allen or skip Ab and go Allen/thielen. Thoughts??

First I would draft Kamara with that first pick. 

I would take Thielen first and Brown next.  

I think M Williams will be the wr to own with the Chargers.  

17 hours ago, weepaws said:

First I would draft Kamara with that first pick. 

I would take Thielen first and Brown next.  

I think M Williams will be the wr to own with the Chargers.  

While I own Williams in many leagues, Keenan Allen is the guy to own on the Chargers.  He's the security blanket for Rivers and Williams isn't going to change that. 

I would also draft Barkley with the 1st pick.  I also say that as an owner who has won leagues on the back of Kamara.  Barkley is special and will be on the field more than Kamara.  Plus, each defense in Kamara's division got better.  Barkley's division is pretty much the same as it was last season.  I don't think either is a bad pick, but I'd take Barkley. 

As for the WR's....  I will not touch AB this season.  He would have to fall a bit further for me to invest in that nutjob.  I'm not sold he's going to be on the same page as Carr, and if not, that could get ugly.  Before you consider Thielen, look at his game logs from the final half of last season as that is the offense they will be utilizing in 2019.  His numbers were BAD.  I think you could do better with that pick, but without knowing who is on the board, it's hard to say.  Keenan Allen is just a steady guy each week.  Rarely does he have the blow up games like the elite WR's, but now and again he will.  Depending on who is on the board, I may go back to the RB well with one of those picks.  WR is very deep this year and the dropoff between most WR's you get in round 3 and round 5/6 is incredibly small, if there even is one. 

I think that’s a great post, but wrong. 

Thanks for the reply. 

M Williams will lead the Chargers in rec tds, and he’ll in up very close to rec total with Allen. 

And Kamara is easly the better pick.  

10 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I think that’s a great post, but wrong. 

Thanks for the reply. 

M Williams will lead the Chargers in rec tds, and he’ll in up very close to rec total with Allen. 

And Kamara is easly the better pick.  

So....  The guy with no burst, and who has been used as a Red Zone weapon mainly to date, is suddenly going to take the leap and be comparable to Allen?  You don't watch football, do you?  I have Williams on several teams, yet would never say he's in the same league as Allen.  He SHOULD lead the team in TD's.  That's what he was drafted for.  lol  Allen has 97 & 102 receptions in the past two seasons for 1,200 & 1,400 yards.  Williams has 43 & 11 receptions and 664 & 95 yards.  You think his receptions and yards are going to increase by 120% with the Hunter coming back from injury and the usage of Ekeler & their 3rd/4th WR's as well?  Rivers may pass more this season without Gordon.  He had 508 attempts last season WITH Gordon and 575 attempts the prior year.  His career average is around 542, if you only take the last decade, but even lower if you include his entire career.  Only one year has he ever gone over 600 attempts, and he had one of his lowest TD years of his career.  For Williams to hit the numbers Allen consistently produces, Rivers is going to need well over 600 attempts, Hunter is going to have to go down and Allen will need to miss a lot of time.  When Antonio Gates was at his peak, who was the guy playing 2nd WR and what were his numbers?  Exactly.  Hunter will get his as will Allen.  Don't overdraft Williams thinking he's the top dog.  He's third behind Allen & Hunter on a team that has run the ball more for 3 consecutive years.  When Gates was healthy, the 2nd WR was a 45-55 reception per year guy.  I'd give Williams around 65 receptions this season, IF he's healthy and every single thing falls his way.  I like him, but your statement came from your head, not from looking at stats, projections and knowing anything at all about the offense they run. 

Kamara is "easily" the better pick?  And the stats show that where?  As I posted, I'm a Kamara owner and I don't think you can go wrong with either, but to say one is "easily" the better pick is something I would like to see you back up with facts.  At least provide some sort of statistical information that is relevant instead of your gut feeling.  Is he going to get the ball a lot more?  No.  They have capable backs to pick up where Ingram left off.  Sean P. has said many times he's not going to overwork Kamara. 

No the Guy that’s M Williams will be the wr to own this coming ff season, he m Williams will indeed out score Allen in ff this season. 

Yes I say Kamara is easly the number one pick. 

I don’t listen to coach speak very much, it’s all the same crap lol. 

And besides highlites I don’t bother with watching sports.  

Havent done so now for about nine years. 

To many great things to do on a Sunday then waisting my time. 

My fave posts are when Weepers admits he doesn’t watch football and hasn’t in 9 years yet always has the most matter of fact opinions on here. Love the guy 😂

I also like Kamara 1st overall, he’s been top 4 with sharing work twice now in a great offense with a great QB. Barkley is awesome but I feel his chance to bust is higher than Kamaras who seems bulletproof.

I’m not going to lie about the fact that I don’t watch the game. 

And I don’t watch the game and you do, and we agree about Kamara, luck, The whole ff game is all luck. 

I was sorta kidding when I asked if he even watched football.  I was assuming the answer would be; "Of course I watch football!"  I'll give the dude a ton of credit for honesty.  lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I was sorta kidding when I asked if he even watched football.  I was assuming the answer would be; "Of course I watch football!"  I'll give the dude a ton of credit for honesty.  lol

Haha I can picture your face here. Expecting the usual “Listen old man, I watch more football in a week than you do in a year!”. 

Barkley is the only pick at one you are set there, then if you are taking back to back receivers I would make one of them AB. If you were only taking one, I can understand taking a safer guy, but he's back and playing so could be worth a homerun swing.