Sign in to follow this  
purplengold47

Andrew Luck retired

Jesus Christ. Guy drafted Lamar Miller 5 minutes before he gets hurt and same guy drafted Andrew Luck 🤣🤣🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Jesus Christ. Guy drafted Lamar Miller 5 minutes before he gets hurt and same guy drafted Andrew Luck 🤣🤣🤣

This owner should just give up already. This is the worst case of the fantasy gods working against someone I’ve ever heard!!!

• Like 2

" Mentally exhausted"

This was discussed.   That whole calf injury was poorly treated.  It’s been 6 months and he’s still in pain..something is wrong and they are pressuring him to play.   Can’t fault him for bailing.

• Like 1

Glad I did not draft any colts today!  

Guy in mine drafted Zeke 3rd overall (he turned down latest offer, Brett Favre will play before this bozo does), and Luck.

9 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Guy in mine drafted Zeke 3rd overall (he turned down latest offer, Brett Favre will play before this bozo does), and Luck.

Zeke was picked right before me so I didn’t have to make that decision 

Wow.  

The ramifications of this retirement really changes the atmosphere for the AFC South title. 

Not to mention T.Y HIlton's and Marlon Mack's fantasy values.  

Wow. Did not see that coming.

You know, kinda seems like a b1tch move. I’m gonna say it 

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Wow. Did not see that coming.

To walk out on the organization, your teammates, and the fans 2 weeks before the first game?  Yeah, it's kind of a move

A once in a generation (supposedly) QB plays just 6 seasons... because his GM wouldn't give him A FOCKING OFFENSIVE LINE.

You don't need a premier LT, but you gotta invest some resources into keeping your QB upright.

Injuries add up, take their toll.

That's what's happened here.

Glad my keepers are due next week and not this week.

2 hours ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

To walk out on the organization, your teammates, and the fans 2 weeks before the first game?  Yeah, it's kind of a move

Got to agree- can’t fault the guy for hanging it up due to so many injuries- but to quit on your team at this point of the preseason? No bueno

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

So what did Luck and his family and doctor tell you about it when he reached out to you to discuss it with you?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nos23 said:

Is TY still worth a 3rd round pick as a #2 wr?

Absolutely not, he’s bumped down to somewhere around rnd 6+ now imo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sderk said:

So what did Luck and his family and doctor tell you about it when he reached out to you to discuss it with you?

I doubt many people have a problem with him retiring.  It's his life.  The issue is doing it less than 2 weeks before the  season starts

39 minutes ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

I doubt many people have a problem with him retiring.  It's his life.  The issue is doing it less than 2 weeks before the  season starts

this is how things worked out with his injury and his decision.  get over it. and you have no clue the extent of his current injury. he could've been rehabbing all year

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Donkey said:

this is how things worked out with his injury and his decision.  get over it. and you have no clue the extent of his current injury. he could've been rehabbing all year

It’s an ankle injury. Are they gonna amputate his focking foot?

He quit on his team. Period.

That said why the fock do the Colts have like $100 million in cap space? I get spending wisely but it looks like you’re not even trying at that point.

He didn’t quit on hot team, he retired from playing in the nfl.  

Great move, and it shows how tough of a decision or was for him because he waited so longneck to see if he’s could make it a go. 

God Bless you A Luck m

He said that after playing hurt with the shoulder previously, that he wouldn't do that to himself again.  I'm SURE he was getting A LOT of pressure to "suck it up" and play with the calf / lower leg injury - and he decided he'd had enough.

He graduated from Stanford with an architecture degree, and he was into his second (e.g., big-$$$ ) contract, so he'll likely be fine.  He doesn't strike me as the second-house-in-Miami with a Ferrari and Lambo type guy.

Indy is actually in a good position.  The 2020 Draft Class is supposed to have a few top-rated QBs.  "Suck for Herbert (of Oregon)?!"

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

It’s an kale injury. Are they gonna amputate his focking foot?

He quit on his team. Period.

That said why the fock do the Colts have like $100 million in cap space? I get spending wisely but it looks like you’re not even trying at that point.

:doh:

I read where he has over $100 million.  He's not going to be hurting for cash.  He's also extremely smart and will put that architecture degree to good use. 

I don't feel like he bailed on his team at all.  I'm sure his teammates are privy to information we aren't.  From the reactions I've seen/read, nobody truly seems overly shocked from the Colts.  I'm sure the players knew something wasn't right...  The Colts have been pushing him and he did what he thought was best for his future.  Good for him.  It took guts to simply retire.  Bailing on your team would involve them not knowing this was a potential outcome.  One of the guys in one of my dynasty leagues lives in Indy.  He said a few weeks ago he didn't think Luck would play this season due to the calf injury.  If the local fans know that, the teammates did too.  He didn't bail on anyone.  If I were 29 with 100 million in the bank, it's doubtful I would stick around and play anymore either if I was waking up in pain each day.  It's not worth it. 

If you read about the injury to his calf, it's possible it continues hurting him for a year.  That's a long time for pain....  I work, and have terminal cancer, so I absolutely feel his pain.  I'm in pain every day, most of the day.  Pain sucks.  If you don't have to continue living with pain, why would you?  To be a "good teammate"?  No way.  He doesn't owe anyone anything. 

The Colts were wise to not spend a ton of money this offseason.  Who were they going to get?  Bell isn't worth his salary.  CJ Mosley isn't worth his either for an inside linebacker that doesn't rush the passer....  They have a ton of guys who will be free agents in another two years, so they are doing the wise thing and saving some cap money to pay them all.  I can't think of a free agent that would have benefitted them tremendously.  They have never been opposed to spending money, but spending it just to spend it is quite stupid. 

So many people out there who think they know better than Luck and that he should have done it earlier if he knew he was going to retire.  People are the worst.

9 hours ago, LaChup said:

I hope when I retire with 100 million bucks, people call me brave. Balls of steal!

Are you saying you think he stole money?  Stealing money would have been him going on IR for the next 2 years and collecting the rest of the $58.6 million on his deal.  He could have easily done that, but he didn't.  The dude walked away from more money than any of us can even dream of.  To me, that's a guy who DID put his team first.  I respect the heck out of him for that. 

On 8/27/2019 at 8:04 AM, oldtimer said:

Are you saying you think he stole money?  Stealing money would have been him going on IR for the next 2 years and collecting the rest of the $58.6 million on his deal.  He could have easily done that, but he didn't.  The dude walked away from more money than any of us can even dream of.  To me, that's a guy who DID put his team first.  I respect the heck out of him for that. 

No, I just hope that when I retire with 100 million bucks, people call me brave.