Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

If Kap doesn’t get a call from the Colts..

Just now, snatchit said:

After his Betsy Ross shoe stunt, I doubt he will. 

You actually think that was the final straw, as if wearing socks depicting police officers as pigs, wearing a Fidel Castro t-shirt and talking glowingly about communist Cuba, suing the league, and the whole sitting/kneeling for the anthem?  No way the Colts sign him.  I lived in Indiana.  They'd lose 75% of their fan base if they signed him.

31 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

...then he’s never getting back in the  NFL. 

I would take Brissett over him any day. The dude knows the system and with a better cast will do ok while they tank flr tua 

Why would the Colts look to a guy who hasn't played in years and the last time he did, he sucked...AND he brings a TON of negative attention to the team.

Brissett had been there. He might not be great, but he's been there.

The Colts will look for a new #2, but they don't the show that is Kap.

3 hours ago, FantasyRetard said:

You actually think that was the final straw, as if wearing socks depicting police officers as pigs, wearing a Fidel Castro t-shirt and talking glowingly about communist Cuba, suing the league, and the whole sitting/kneeling for the anthem?  No way the Colts sign him.  I lived in Indiana.  They'd lose 75% of their fan base if they signed him.

Agreed. Kaps only value lies in not being in the NFL.

• Like 1

Are there any other football players that have been out of the league for 4 years that you'd like to discuss??    

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Matt Mueller said:

The pro move would be to bring Eli over from the Giants 

It's not like they're a mediocre QB away from the Super Bowl. They're going to have to decide whether to invest in a second contract for Brissett or if they're drafting a rookie next year.

You might be able to justify a free agent contract for him to backup/mentor, but spending draft capital on him makes no sense, IMHO.

1 hour ago, Matt Mueller said:

The Giants would never do that. The think he's in his prime.

2 hours ago, Matt Mueller said:

That would help them secure a #1 pick next year.

16 hours ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Don’t get me wrong.  I hate Kap, but part of me wants them to sign him just so everyone can see how badly he sucks.  

That's a no win situation for the nfl.  If he does good they kept a good qb out of a job. If he does bad they kept a good qb out too long and his skills eroded. 

The fact of the matter is Kaep was never the same after they went to the Superbowl. Why? No one ever talks about it. They changed the read option rule that made him dangerous.

Before the change. He was a qb..period during the read option. Which meant the defense could not hit him without a penalty.  He exploited that.  They changed the rule the next year to make the qb part of the play. Hittable. He was never the same. 

8 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

The fact of the matter is Kaep was never the same after they went to the Superbowl. Why? No one ever talks about it. They changed the read option rule that made him dangerous.

He was never the same when Greg Romans left San Francisco to take the Buffalo head coaching job.  Romans knew how to run an offense for a QB with Kaep's skills.  Romans had some success with Tyrod Taylor, a similar QB in Buffalo.  Now, Romans is in Baltimore.  I wonder how successful Jackson will be?

9 hours ago, FantasyRetard said:

He was never the same when Greg Romans left San Francisco to take the Buffalo head coaching job.  Romans knew how to run an offense for a QB with Kaep's skills.  Romans had some success with Tyrod Taylor, a similar QB in Buffalo.  Now, Romans is in Baltimore.  I wonder how successful Jackson will be?

I think you mean OC in Buffalo. 

• Like 1