Sign in to follow this  
FantasyRetard

Doug Martin Released

37 minutes ago, kflo01 said:

Texas would be a good landing spot for him.

He's still hurt, a shoulder injury.  I think the Texans will stay away from him.

Ahh ok didnt know he was hurt. 

IDK who do you think the Texans will sign? This is coming from a long time Duke Johnson owner. lol.

Don’t think a hurting Martin will even return this season. 

At 4:00 PM EST, all clubs must be at their 53-man roster.  That's this Saturday.  All remaining preseason games are this Thursday.  However, I suspect we may start seeing some cuts as early as tomorrow.  From a RB standpoint, Carlos Hyde looks to be a goner from KC.  He was the 4th RB to touch the ball in their last preseason game, only carrying it once in the 3rd quarter.  Philadelphia has some RB cuts to make that look interesting, including Josh Adams and maybe Wendell Smallwood.  Then, there's the Shady McCoy's situation.  Buffalo can save (I think) around 6 million dollars.  Someone in Buffalo will be cut, whether it's McCoy, Gore, or TJ Yeldon.  Shady would make an interesting option in Houston with that offense.

The year Martin came out, I had the 1.01 and the 1.02 in my dynasty draft.  I had the 1.01 (Literally no running backs on my roster and I finished dead last) and I traded for the 1.02.  I took Richardson first, then Martin.  I thought I was set at RB for the next 6-8 years.  After the first season, I tried to trade both.  I got the 1.01 the following year for Trent and the 1.03 for Martin.  Trent looked like a cow trying to run between the tackles and Martin just looked like a guy that didn't love football.  Long story short, I was playing in the old Quest Fantasy Football dynasty leagues at the time.  The old owner, who was also the Commissioner, kicked me out of the league for making those two trades and then gutting the rest of my roster for draft picks.  Outside of those two RB's, I had nothing.  So, I felt it was time to just blow the team up and start over with rookies and take my lumps for a year or two.  None of the trades were "bad" or unfair.  He said Richardson was worth at least two first round selections and he bashed me on our message board for having a fire sale and not getting enough for my players.  Then, he locked me out of the league, saying I shouldn't be playing fantasy football.  I've often wondered if he ever looks back on that as one of the reasons Quest was sold the following year to another jackarse owner, then sold again last season to what finally appears to be good owners.  He was a total jackarse.  Anyway, I was correct in trading them both away and ended up getting obscene value for what they did the remainder of their careers.  I never got my team back though, nor did he return my payment for that year.  It was only like $90, so I didn't really care, but yeah, he gave me the boot.

well, hindsight is always 20-20.

TRich did look awesome in his rookie year.

you may have been able to get more for him at that time, but if I were commish I would not have given you the boot for making those deals.

Then again... a lot of people seem to think you have to caretake the league to protect people from themselves.    I think that's a load of crap.  you cant veto a deal just because you dont like it.   in a lot of cases (this being one of them) you cannot truly see if you made a good deal until 2 or 3 years down the road.

at this point it looks like you made the correct calls.    honestly, I dont think that guy who booted you cares even now.

anyhow, you can take pride in the fact you made the right call.   But in the end, it likely does not matter.

on another note:  I do think that Martin isnt a bad fill-in if he can get his head screwed on straight and get healthy.    I just dont know that it will happen.

I think hes more interested in things other than being a pro football player.  

I dont blame a team for trying.  if he can capture a little of what he once had, he will be fine.   But I truly think its a hail mary pass at this point.