D Dallas Cowboys (15th round)

BENCH

QB Cam Newton (13th round)

RB David Montgomery (4th round)

RB Darwin Thompson (10th round)

RB Dion Lewis (12th round)

WR A.J. Green (7th round)

WR Curtis Samuel (9th round)

I put B, but it would likely be a B-.  Your WR is a problem.  Hilton's value takes a huge hit without Luck, Gordon could end up suspended at any time, and AJ Green is hurt and over 30 years old.  I like Samuels and in fact like that you got Cam, as I think he's going to have a good year.  I do like Thompson and Montgomery that you drafted.  I suspect we'll see Thompson starting in the KC backfield at some points this season.

• Like 1

Thanks! After going RB heavy in 1st 4 rounds I didn’t have any great WR options in round 5. Tyler Locket was there, but I chose Hilton. I know I’m banking on Green coming back healthy and Gordon performing. Hopefully Curtis Samuel has a breakout year. I like that I was able to snag Hooper as my TE to go with Matt Ryan. Calvin Ridley had gotten picked right before I was up in the 7th round.

I just did a 14-team draft at Yahoo and ended up with 6 RB's, Aaron Jones, Josh Jacobs, Chris Carson, Darius Guice, Kallen Ballage, and Devin Singletary.  I'm weak at WR, but I do have Nuk, so I'm not that weak.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jcleve68 said:

(12-Team League) (7th pick) (Standard)

STARTERS

QB Matt Ryan (6th round)

RB David Johnson (1st round)

RB Todd Gurley (2nd round)

WR T.Y. Hilton (5th round)

WR Josh Gordon (8th round)

TE Austin Hooper (11th round)

FLEX Derrick Henry (3rd round)

K Ka’Imi Fairbairn (14th round)

D Dallas Cowboys (15th round)

BENCH

QB Cam Newton (13th round)

RB David Montgomery (4th round)

RB Darwin Thompson (10th round)

RB Dion Lewis (12th round)

WR A.J. Green (7th round)

WR Curtis Samuel (9th round)

RB is great.

WR is so so.

you have some players who have some great potential upside (AJ green, Josh Gordon Curtis Samuel)  but also a lot of risk.  AJ (injuries) Gordon (drugs) and Samuel (unproven)

The only proven one on the list is TY hilton whose QB just abruptly retired.

you needed at least one WR who is risk free and has no issues.

for that reason I gave you a C.

If your league only starts 2 WR, I guess you can upgrade that to a B because chances are decent that one of those WR's will be ok.   With Luck out, I think Hilton is a #2 WR.   AJ is a #1 if healthy, but I'd count on missing half the season with him.    Gordon is likely a #3 with #2 upside if he gets his act together.   Samuel is a decent breakout candidate.

No true #1 WR here unless Green returns to form and stays healthy all year long.  Even then, its dicey.

• Like 1

Thanks man! Yea, the WR choices were thin after I went RB heavy with my first 4 picks. I was targeting (Godwin, Ridley, Mike Williams, and Robby Anderson), but I missed out on them. Tyler Lockett was there, but I ended up going with Hilton. Like you said i’m Banking on Green coming back healthy, Gordon performing, and Samuel having a breakout year.

honestly, If I could do a mulligan for you, I'd say you probably could have went WR in round 3 instead of taking Derek Henry to be your third RB.    Then I would have come back in round 4 or 5 to take your third string RB.

With DJ and Gurley, I dont know that Henry sees the field for you (except byes and  due to injury)   I think a talent like him as a backup is a bit of a waste.

That being said, maybe you can do a 2 for 2 deal with someone needing a RB.

Trade Henry and one of your lesser WRs for a better WR and a lesser RB.

Thoughts? I'm meh.

#3 Pick. 12 Team Full Point PPR. I think I reached with Breida and Williams. Grrr but couldn't ignore the output from last year. I'm curious as to what Hockenson does given the hype. A starting receiver on the Chiefs made sense with the Hardman late pick. This is probably the latest I've waited on a QB and I was getting nervous. Gimme your thoughts.

1) C McCaffrey RB

2) N Chubb RB

3) M Evans WR 

4) T Lockett WR 

5) Mike Williams WR

6) Miles Sanders RB

7) M Breida RB

8)Van McDonald TE

9) D Moncrief WR

10) J Winston QB

11) Desean Jackson WR

12) K Ballage RB

13) Vikings D

I give it a B+

You have a well balanced team even though you went RB heavy to start. Good QB depth. Your D and Kicker won't win you the league or lose it. Big ? at WR but big potential as well.

Most any great fantasy season will require good luck with regards to injury so that goes without saying.

I like the Cowboys D, they're a good defense in reality. They are not a play making D though and that's what wins fantasy football. For fantasy football, they may not be more than average or so. Kicker is on a good offense and plays in good conditions. That's what you want.

Gurley and DJ could potentially be the top 2 RBs, I think you need them to both be top 5 and/or one to be #1, no duds. Henry is inconsistent but if he can put up steady RB2 numbers, you're good. Montgomery being good will of course help.

Josh Gordon and AJ Green playing/being effective for all/most of the season will be a big key for the team too. You don't really have a strong WR1 but if those two and T.Y. can all be solid WR2, then you will be good.

You don't have an elite TE so I doubt you will stay with Hooper all season. Look for someone on waivers early to break out. It's not a huge concern though. Always plenty of serviceable TEs.

Of course, Matt Ryan will or potentially even Cam will play a large role if you are to win your league. You of course need the Matt Ryan that will pass for 4800 yds, 35 TDs, and 9 Int, not the one who passes for 4200 yds, 24 TDs and 15 Int. Don't completely rule out Cam either with 2 MVP type fantasy seasons under his belt. He's capable of being a top notch QB1 any given week. Excellent platoon.

If that happens, and there's no reason it can't, you should have a good season.