Sign in to follow this  
rottytiny

Draft today, 5th pick, Zeke?

Draft today, have what is turning out to be dreaded (IMO)  5th pick in PPR league. 12 teamer.

Roll the dice with Zeke as it seems 1st 4 are Kamara/CMC/Barkley and DJ or possibly D Hop at 4.  

To Zeke or not to Zeke?    

14 minutes ago, TwentyFourSeven said:

I would definitely take him and be sure to grab Pollard. Between the two of them, moreso when Zeke comes back, you'll have a top 5 or top 3 back.

This makes sense to me. Just need to make sure he gets Pollard. I would still grab Hopkins or DJ, but I wouldn't blame someone for drafting Zeke. I would like to have Hopkins plus Pollard, which would be an advantage early in the season. Later in the season he still has one of the top receivers

6 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

This makes sense to me. Just need to make sure he gets Pollard. I would still grab Hopkins or DJ, but I wouldn't blame someone for drafting Zeke. I would like to have Hopkins plus Pollard, which would be an advantage early in the season. Later in the season he still has one of the top receivers

It really could go either way. I see both sides. You'd be taking Zeke without hesitation if he wasn't holding out. I see him only missing a game or two, here tops. I wouldn't be shocked if it were more but that's what I see. Pollard has looked more than capable. He won't put up Zeke numbers but they'll be good numbers until the real Zeke comes back. I just couldn't see myself taking DJ over Zeke. When the season starts it'll be better but once Zeke comes back I don't think it'll be close. Hopkins, that's a different story. I could get in board with this.

I would have no issues drafting Zeke, but Hopkins or Adams may go sooner than you think.  I've seen Hopkins go in the top 4, so you could get one of the other guys.  As stated above, you'll need to spend an earlier pick on Pollard.  I was in a draft where Pollard went much earlier than anticipated and I believe the owner did it only to try and hold the guy who drafted Zeke hostage in a trade scenario.  Not a bad strategy on his part. 

Another option, if you are allowed, is to trade down.  Even if I have the #1 pick, I'm trading down in any and all drafts if the rules allow it.  There is always an owner with a player he covets enough at the top of the draft that will drastically overpay for your pick. 

The Chubb

You would have to take Pollard in the 8th/9th round to protect that pic. 

If somebody gets pollard, You could be completely screwed. So the factor is to lose a Later round pick because you took zeke.

After the first three picks in the draft it’s a real mess.