Sign in to follow this  
Lake209

Gronk to return?

Roto reporting earlier today that Gronk has a “...40% chance to return...”; that he hasnt ruled out the possibility and that the Pats may try to sign him.  Anyone hear of this before today? Any more info out there?

[Dropped my last pick & added him..even on the off chance...]

I picked him up on the rumor. Worst that happens is I cut him for someone that is hardly owned. Best is he comes back after training camp. 

Gronk only had one good game down the stretch last season, and historically, he's overrated from a fantasy perspective.  Don't get me wrong, he's an awesome TE and had some great stats in certain years, but outside of his playoff game (fantasy playoffs) in Round One (I believe?) last season, he wasn't good.  I wouldn't waste a roster spot on him.  He was on the NFL Network today (Satellite radio) and said he wasn't in a good place while playing.  His body was just to beat up.  He's lost a lot of weight too.  I hope he comes back as I enjoyed watching him play, but I don't think he would be much more than a decoy at this point.  Those injuries come back to haunt you later in life, so staying retired would be in his best interest. 

Outstanding comments & references, all; thank you. Am holding him for a few weeks on name, experience, and connection w/Brady & the Pats. Should think or hope that if (if) he makes a run, it would ONLY be to play football at a winning level; aka: at full strength. Bellicheck & Brady: hate losing.

That’s got to be at least top-10 TE worthy right there. Plus trade-bait: have need of a non-sexy RB2...

Gronk only played 13 games last season, and on a per-game basis was tied with Jack Doyle for TE9--and that was when he was in football shape and had participated in camp, and guys like Greg Olsen and Delanie Walker were injured.  I don't believe he would be a top 10 TE if he returned at this point.

OK so what are we doing here? I see that hes got more talking about leaving the door open. Is he worth a speculative add?

22 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

OK so what are we doing here? I see that hes got more talking about leaving the door open. Is he worth a speculative add?

Not in my opinion, no....and that's assuming he actually comes back at some point.

One of the greatest TE's in NFL history. Loved owning him in FF and watching his dominance each week....but he is only a shell of his former self.