Sign in to follow this  
FantasyRetard

Melvin Gordon update

ESPN's Eric Williams has Gordon on his 53-man roster and believes that Gordon reports in time for Week 1.  Good news for anyone who's drafted Gordon.

Please sweet baby jesus...I just need Melvin to show and AJ green to be healthy at some point (4th wr) and I'm gold. 

3 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Please sweet baby jesus...I just need Melvin to show and AJ green to be healthy at some point (4th wr) and I'm gold. 

You may get 1 out of 2.  I wouldn't draft Green for my worst enemies team.  I think his legs are DONE.

A Rotoblurb of a reporter speculating on what a player MIGHT do, does not qualify as good news. It is slightly more impactful then if one of us made a prediction, but barely. I am not moving Gordon even one spot based on this "news"...

1 hour ago, FantasyRetard said:

You may get 1 out of 2.  I wouldn't draft Green for my worst enemies team.  I think his legs are DONE.

I agree completely.  When leg injuries start happening, as they have done with Green, it's usually a sign his healthy days are long gone.  With Boyd being the future, I'm not certain how they will use Green going forward.  I think they would be nuts to sign him to an extension. 

CBS is also predicting an end to the holdout... Out long national nightmare is nearing it's conclusion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I agree completely.  When leg injuries start happening, as they have done with Green, it's usually a sign his healthy days are long gone.  With Boyd being the future, I'm not certain how they will use Green going forward.  I think they would be nuts to sign him to an extension. 

If I was in this guys position, I'd hold Green until he's about to come back, then look to trade him.  Some sucker out there would bite for sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

The only benefit I will give him is that hes really only had one soft tissue issue with the hamstring. Hes had a lot of turf toe, ankle common knee strain..... Banged up a lot but nothing to really suggest he shouldnt come back a 100% at his age

Im sorry I drafted Gordon now. At this point his virtually has no value. Chargers looking at mccoy as well, basically sh!tting on Gordon. 

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

What starting options does he have at this point? Tampa Bay? Who else? 

Houston, if they still have the ammo?

FAKE NEWS! Unless he's traded you won't see him until after he sits out 10 games.

Chargers saying no negotiations until after the season now. Either find a trade partner or end holdout or continue to sit, but no new deal from LAC.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/9032/melvin-gordon

Chargers GM Tom Telesco has informed holdout RB Melvin Gordon that contract negotiations will be suspended until after the season.

Gordon will now have to decide if his weekly game check ($330,000) is worth risking an injury that would jeopardize a long-term contract. That decision hasn't been announced, but we'll find out shortly. Gordon has to show up by Week 10 for this season to count towards his free agency, so this isn't exactly a Le'Veon Bell situation. With the Chargers bye week not until Week 12, Gordon could miss more than half of the season if he chooses. If so, Austin Ekeler and Justin Jackson will split work in what should be a 60/40 timeshare.

Sep 1, 2019, 3:18 PM ET

Hmm, make 5mil or lose 300k a week. Such a hard decision lol. What a goofball. 

Also Ive heard from some people that he doesn’t have to play at all to accrue a season because it’s a 5th year option or something. No one seems to know the actual truth.

Also don’t be delusional and think you have a stud if he shows up week 10. The team won’t just upend their chemistry for a guy with no desire to play for them. Plus he is he’s a huge injury risk after missing so much time and going full speed.

6 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Hmm, make 5mil or lose 300k a week. Such a hard decision lol. What a goofball. 

Also Ive heard from some people that he doesn’t have to play at all to accrue a season because it’s a 5th year option or something. No one seems to know the actual truth.

Also don’t be delusional and think you have a stud if he shows up week 10. The team won’t just upend their chemistry for a guy with no desire to play for them. Plus he is he’s a huge injury risk after missing so much time and going full speed.

Everything I've seen has said by week ten, but their bye is week 12 so there is that too. 

4 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Everything I've seen has said by week ten, but their bye is week 12 so there is that too. 

At this point, having Melvin is no different than having Kareem Hunt on your team and Hunt shouldn’t be drafted. 

It’s refreshing to see the “boss” letting the “employee” know who’s in charge.  It’s about time.  I never understood how an injury prone RB thought they had a case for a new contract.

Now, that said, I could see the Browns trade for him to go along with their team of overrated head cases.  I’m going to enjoy watching the Browns do what they do best....and that’s be the Browns.  Not a player on that team worth having at their current ADPs, and it’s all going to come apart thanks to the new, in over his head, head coach.

On 8/28/2019 at 10:16 AM, FantasyRetard said:

ESPN's Eric Williams has Gordon on his 53-man roster and believes that Gordon reports in time for Week 1.  Good news for anyone who's drafted Gordon.

This is fantastic news! Must move him up the draft boards

What the Chargers offered Gordon was fair. He's not a top 5 back...in the real-world NFL, he's a top 10-15 back. He should have taken their offer. It was plenty fair like I said. 

1 hour ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

This is fantastic news! Must move him up the draft boards

Agreed.  I have the #1 pick tomorrow night, and it’s between him and Fruit Loops with the first pick for me.  Hopefully I can get AJ Green coming back at the 2/3 turn.