Sign in to follow this  
oldtimer

You're single most bold fantasy prediction for 2019?

Tommy Maddox 45,000 yards 100 tds, 700 yards receiving (from himself), 874 yards rushing 2 tds

• Like 1

Probably the most likely of my bold predictions is that Cole Beasley will be a top 25 WR.

He has become Josh Allen's go-to guy, and in basically one half of preseason play with his own starters against defensive starters, he has 7 receptions on 8 targets for 71 yards.  If he just averages THAT every game, even with 0 TDs, he's top 25.  Imagine if he plays the whole game and scores a few TDs...

Barkley goes to season ending IR week 3

Both first round Iowa TEs (Fant/Hock) are top 10 FF TE and Hock cracks top 5...guy will be a force last half of the season. 

The Big Three don’t crack top 5 for FF RBs 

KC missed the playoffs 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

After scoring a TD, Josh Gordon pulls a crack pipe out of his sock and blazes up.  

This is more along 'will definitely' happen prediction.

12 hours ago, Raider 84 said:

Chubb MVP 1500 yards 16 tds, 450 receiving 4 tds, 60 yards passing 1 td

I was shocked to see people on NFL.com predicting the Raiders in the Superbowl.  Who knows, weird things happen all the time.  I'd consider Chubb hitting those numbers about as likely as the Raiders in the Superbowl, but anything is possible and it was definitely a bold prediction.

1 hour ago, gpann101 said:

Josh Allen Bills QB tears his ACL week 5 continuing another decade of futility in Toron... I mean Buffalo....

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Josh Allen Bills QB tears his ACL week 5 continuing another decade of futility in Toron... I mean Buffalo....

Ok, this one was kind of funny.  In one of my dynasty leagues, a guy worships the Bills.  He lives there so.....  I'm going to throw this up on the message board just to make him mad. 

Sam Darnold finishes as top 10 fantasy QB - 30+ TD passes. 

Not so bold - Lev Bell catches 10 of them.

4 minutes ago, LaChup said:

Bold thread right?

Giants let Eli Manning go after 2025.

LaChup makes at least ten more tired and lame Eli Manning jokes before the season begins on Thursday...

17 hours ago, Raider 84 said:

Chubb MVP 1500 yards 16 tds, 450 receiving 4 tds, 60 yards passing 1 td

I almost want to pick Barkley at 1 and then trade for Chubb plus something else

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jrokh said:

LaChup makes at least ten more tired and lame Eli Manning jokes before the season begins on Thursday...

Thanks Archie.

1 hour ago, LaChup said:

Thanks Archie.

Your welcome, Seafoam...

8 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I almost want to pick Barkley at 1 and then trade for Chubb plus something else

What would Barkley be worth in a trade in this scenario? Let's say with the Zeke holdout Chubb vaults up to #4 or #5 overall. It would take Chubb and what else (WR2, RB2, decent TE?) to get Barkley. Genuinely curious as I own the #2 pick in a draft on Sunday and with Team #1 already saying they're going Kamara, I'll be going Barkley. However Team in slot 3 wants Barkley but will take CMC. Barkley traded for CMC and what else? Barkley traded for Chubb and what else? Tough to cal when draft picks aren't involved but curious what people think about these two scenarios.

I have to think that all the hype that Barkley has could easily pull a Barkley + 7th for Chubb and a 4th or 5th.  

• Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 7:35 PM, LaChup said:

Tommy Maddox 45,000 yards 100 tds, 700 yards receiving (from himself), 874 yards rushing 2 tds

LOL, This was one of the BOLDEST! Thanks for the laugh.

On 8/29/2019 at 4:12 PM, Matt Mueller said:

Godwin outscores Evans 

Bold but wouldn't suprise me. GODWIN :first:

On 8/30/2019 at 8:57 AM, gpann101 said:

"BOOM!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/28/2019 at 3:57 PM, cmh6476 said:

unless you are a derelict mahomes wins you leagues

1-2 in both leagues I own mahomes :bench:

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

1-2 in both leagues I own mahomes :bench:

Same for the guy in my two large dollar redrafts.  While there is no doubting how awesome he his, folks that reached for him even earlier than his ADP had to take him in the 2nd.  There simply weren't enough good RB's to do that.  In all my leagues that drafted this Summer, in only one is the Mahomes owner 2-1.  The rest of them are 1-2 or 0-3.  I think a couple of those teams will get better, but in most instances, the owner was drafting after the decent RB's were taken in Round 1, meaning they went with a WR, then took Mahomes in Round two.  From late round 3 on, there just aren't many talented running backs left, at least to compete with a guy who took a stud in Round One, then followed it up by taking another at the end of the 2nd.  Most of the larger money leagues have owners getting their RB's in the first two rounds, so by the time the 3rd rolls around, guys that were going in the late 3rd in free leagues or low dollar leagues are already gone.  Taking Mahomes in that environment is flat out ballsy.  Not a great idea if you went WR towards the end of Round One to take something other than a RB in Round Two.  Not when they are flying off the board. 

23 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Same for the guy in my two large dollar redrafts.  While there is no doubting how awesome he his, folks that reached for him even earlier than his ADP had to take him in the 2nd.  There simply weren't enough good RB's to do that.  In all my leagues that drafted this Summer, in only one is the Mahomes owner 2-1.  The rest of them are 1-2 or 0-3.  I think a couple of those teams will get better, but in most instances, the owner was drafting after the decent RB's were taken in Round 1, meaning they went with a WR, then took Mahomes in Round two.  From late round 3 on, there just aren't many talented running backs left, at least to compete with a guy who took a stud in Round One, then followed it up by taking another at the end of the 2nd.  Most of the larger money leagues have owners getting their RB's in the first two rounds, so by the time the 3rd rolls around, guys that were going in the late 3rd in free leagues or low dollar leagues are already gone.  Taking Mahomes in that environment is flat out ballsy.  Not a great idea if you went WR towards the end of Round One to take something other than a RB in Round Two.  Not when they are flying off the board. 

What if you take a Kicker in Round 1 and a Defense in Round 2?

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

What is your record so far, btw?

5 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

You should start a post and keep us up to date on this league.  Show the league draft & the records too.  If you don't do well, try taking the defense in Round 1 next year.  You know, switch things up a bit. 

4 minutes ago, stonewall said:

What is your record so far, btw?

I will be 2-1 after this week.  The first week was an "all-play" week, which meant the top 6 scoring teams got a win, and the bottom 6 got a loss.  I was the 4th-highest scoring team, so that was my first win.  I lost my Week 2 game.  My opponent this week is the #1 ranked player on RT Sports, who also happens to be in first place in their 4,200-team, $200,000 Fantasy Championship--so to make him the first player in history to lose a RTFFC game to a player who drafted a Kicker in the 1st round and a Defense in the 2nd round is particularly sweet.

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

You should start a post and keep us up to date on this league.  Show the league draft & the records too.  If you don't do well, try taking the defense in Round 1 next year.  You know, switch things up a bit. 

Yeah, maybe I should.  It will take some time to put it together, but in the meantime, here is the Guest link for the league:

RTFFC Purple 3

I am the Flying Purple People Eaters.

4 hours ago, gpann101 said:

"BOOM!"

Who is this gpann101 that you speak of? A prophet like that I will listen to all advice he's willing to dish out.

Just now, huskyhater75 said:

Who is this gpann101 that you speak of? A prophet like that I will listen to all advice he's willing to dish out.

Really?  He completely whiffed on the whole "season ending IR" scenario; Barkley's only out 6-8 weeks.

Just now, AxeElf said:

Really?  He completely whiffed on the whole "season ending IR" scenario; Barkley's only out 6-8 weeks.

Might as well be IR, most fantasy leagues last only 13 weeks. If there was something out there I'd drop his azz. I will enjoy having Engram on my team though, they're gonna wing it 40-50 times a game.

9 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I will be 2-1 after this week.  The first week was an "all-play" week, which meant the top 6 scoring teams got a win, and the bottom 6 got a loss.  I was the 4th-highest scoring team, so that was my first win.  I lost my Week 2 game.  My opponent this week is the #1 ranked player on RT Sports, who also happens to be in first place in their 4,200-team, $200,000 Fantasy Championship--so to make him the first player in history to lose a RTFFC game to a player who drafted a Kicker in the 1st round and a Defense in the 2nd round is particularly sweet.

Yeah, maybe I should.  It will take some time to put it together, but in the meantime, here is the Guest link for the league:

RTFFC Purple 3

I am the Flying Purple People Eaters.

Nice week. Lockett and Olsen really came through for you.....

6 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Nice week. Lockett and Olsen really came through for you.....

The funny thing is, I wasn't feeling too good about Dede Westbrook this week, so I was planning to start Lockett and Fuller and then flex my other TE--Waller.

When the Patriots dropped Brown on Friday, I decided not to flex Waller and get Phillip Dorsett into the lineup instead.  I thought it was a good call after the Patriots' game--until Waller went off--and that decision ended up costing me 9 points!  But at least it didn't cost me the game.

Looks like dropping Carr for Daniel Jones last week is gonna be a good move, too...

6 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

The funny thing is, I wasn't feeling too good about Dede Westbrook this week, so I was planning to start Lockett and Fuller and then flex my other TE--Waller.

When the Patriots dropped Brown on Friday, I decided not to flex Waller and get Phillip Dorsett into the lineup instead.  I thought it was a good call after the Patriots' game--until Waller went off--and that decision ended up costing me 9 points!  But at least it didn't cost me the game.

Looks like dropping Carr for Daniel Jones last week is gonna be a good move, too...

Waller has been a monster. Thinking about moving him this week to a team hurting for TE, for a decent/good RB maybe. Already have Kelce.

Darren Waller is the 1

top ranked TE this year. Kittle falls out of the top 5 and Olsen finishes in the top 5.

Wayne Gallman finishes the year with more total yardage than Saquon Barkley

26 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Might as well be IR, most fantasy leagues last only 13 weeks. If there was something out there I'd drop his azz. I will enjoy having Engram on my team though, they're gonna wing it 40-50 times a game.

So you would drop Barkley when he will certainly be back for the fantasy playoffs?  You must have someone else you can drop.  That's called insanity.  Even if he's out until week 11, who cares?  He will be a guy you absolutely want on your roster come playoff time. 

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

So you would drop Barkley when he will certainly be back for the fantasy playoffs?  You must have someone else you can drop.  That's called insanity.  Even if he's out until week 11, who cares?  He will be a guy you absolutely want on your roster come playoff time. 

I'm on pace to set an all time record for our league-unfortunately the record is "points against", guys in our league have averaged 172 points against me so far. I'm 0-3 and would have to go on a big streak to get there. Also, the last time I missed playoffs was around 10 years ago and I had 2 NYG's on my team, I swore then I would NEVER have a Giant on my roster again....................I guess my foresight was more accurate than I thought!

1 minute ago, huskyhater75 said:

I'm on pace to set an all time record for our league-unfortunately the record is "points against", guys in our league have averaged 172 points against me so far. I'm 0-3 and would have to go on a big streak to get there. Also, the last time I missed playoffs was around 10 years ago and I had 2 NYG's on my team, I swore then I would NEVER have a Giant on my roster again....................I guess my foresight was more accurate than I thought!

That sucks.  I know the feeling though.  My highest dollar league is going the same way.  I'm the highest scoring team with a 1-2 record after that game last night.  You can come back from an 0-3 start though, especially if you're scoring points.  Sometimes you can't win no matter what is done.  I still wouldn't drop Barkley, even in a redraft.  IF things turn around for you, you will definitely want him.  Maybe a contending team with a bench spot available would make you a decent offer? 

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

That sucks.  I know the feeling though.  My highest dollar league is going the same way.  I'm the highest scoring team with a 1-2 record after that game last night.  You can come back from an 0-3 start though, especially if you're scoring points.  Sometimes you can't win no matter what is done.  I still wouldn't drop Barkley, even in a redraft.  IF things turn around for you, you will definitely want him.  Maybe a contending team with a bench spot available would make you a decent offer? 

Yes that sounds good except our league (we've been together 25 years) just doesn't want to trade much. I'll probably cut Singletary instead for anybody healthy, hamstring's seem to linger worse than high ankle sprains-can't afford to have 2 backup RB's lame. Not much (Miles Sanders, Damien Williams, Penney) out there though. Might have to trade one of my TE's (Engram, Waller) in on a trade to spice it up. And I'm 4th highest scorer in our league! Thanks and good luck to you!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Yes that sounds good except our league (we've been together 25 years) just doesn't want to trade much. I'll probably cut Singletary instead for anybody healthy, hamstring's seem to linger worse than high ankle sprains-can't afford to have 2 backup RB's lame. Not much (Miles Sanders, Damien Williams, Penney) out there though. Might have to trade one of my TE's (Engram, Waller) in on a trade to spice it up. And I'm 4th highest scorer in our league! Thanks and good luck to you!

And on top of Barkley getting hurt, I have Belicek pulling Brady out and I end up losing (PPR league with 6 pt TDs) by 10 points-when is the last time Big Bill pulled Brady, even if it was a blowout? I'm being puked on from the heavens!