Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

Pick'em and Survival League??

You might want to go spread OR confidence. It gets to be a bit of a clusterf*ck with both (and last time we tried it that way, people quit much earlier than usual...not that they don't quit eventually, but still).

10 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

You might want to go spread OR confidence. It gets to be a bit of a clusterf*ck with both (and last time we tried it that way, people quit much earlier than usual...not that they don't quit eventually, but still).

Prolly good advice.  Herb mentioned this too.  I'll change it to only using the spread.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, fandandy said:

I'll change it to only using the spread.

:thumbsup:

Week 1 and two games already with spreads of 9+,let the fun begin.

Oh, good grief. I'm going in there now, I do now see the point spread, but I can't alter my entries from when I plugged them in last week thinking it was under the previous rules. :angry:

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

Oh, good grief. I'm going in there now, I do now see the point spread, but I can't alter my entries from when I plugged them in last week thinking it was under the previous rules. :angry:

Just click the dot by the other team,it should change.I just tried it and it works for me.

1 minute ago, nzoner said:

Just click the dot by the other team,it should change.I just tried it and it works for me.

Yeah, I can change picks, but I can't see/change/reenter my confidence points anymore.

Just now, Voltaire said:

Yeah, I can change picks, but I can't see/change/reenter my confidence points anymore.

He nixed the confidence picks,you're good.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nzoner said:

He nixed the confidence picks,you're good.

OK, so I just go through the sixteen matchups picking either underdog+points or favorite-points each time. Then, if I get 9 right and 7 wrong, I get nine points for week one? (actually, if so, this way kinda makes more sense).

Just now, Voltaire said:

OK, so I just go through the sixteen matchups picking either underdog+points or favorite-points each time. Then, if I get 9 right and 7 wrong, I get nine points for week one? (actually, if so, this way kinda makes more sense).

:thumbsup:

Also I'm still curious about those Heart songs ;)

I'm about to get screwed. I'd plugged in Baltimore but it seems that didn't register and it says I didn't pick.

Meanwhile I'm blocked from picking but there's one game left.

If you can use the GM magic wand to plug in Cleveland on MNF for Short Bus Window Lickers, I'd appreciate it. I don't know if it's possible seeing as I can't do it myself.

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

I forgot all about it.  Ugh

I wondered.  Bummer.  I think I got 3 correct this week so you could prolly still jump in and beat me on the season.  I also forgot to pick Thursdays game this week.

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

I wondered.  Bummer.  I think I got 3 correct this week so you could prolly still jump in and beat me on the season.  I also forgot to pick Thursdays game this week.

Yeah, me too. Missed the Thursday game. I'm pretty sure I would have picked TB too.

8 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I'm about to get screwed. I'd plugged in Baltimore but it seems that didn't register and it says I didn't pick.

If you can use the GM magic wand to plug in Cleveland on MNF for Short Bus Window Lickers, I'd appreciate it. I don't know if it's possible seeing as I can't do it myself.

Once again that is weird I just tested mine and I can change my pick up until 5 minutes prior to kick-off.

1st time In my life I have made it to week 3

10 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I can't.  For some reason I focked up and chose:

Select Deadline
Sunday at 1:00 PM EST

It won't let me change it.  It looks like all I can do is reset the entire league and we can start from scratch?  My mistake in choosing that.  I didn't read close enough to realize that's what I was doing.

eta: Resetting is fine by me.  What do you guys think?

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

Select Deadline

It won't let me change it.  It looks like all I can do is reset the entire league and we can start from scratch?  My mistake in choosing that.  I didn't read close enough to realize that's what I was doing.

Well commish you can just carry his Cleveland pick for the rest of the season and either add or subtract from the final standings ;)

Each year, I plot out my entire season in week one. Then by week four tweak depending on how teams look to that point. It’s how I ran the whole season 17+3 games  the year of the Ravens/49ers super bowl.

This year is planned around tough weeks 7 and 9 when I take -for now- Green Bay and Seattle 

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

Each year, I plot out my entire season in week one. Then by week four tweak depending on how teams look to that point. It’s how I ran the whole season 17+3 games  the year of the Ravens/49ers super bowl.

That's quite impressive considering the Vegas line is involved here. :D

5 minutes ago, nzoner said:

That's quite impressive considering the Vegas line is involved here. :D

There was a run of 2-3 years when I ‘d won both of these but I long ago lost my mojo.

One year I got help in pickem when Strike got bit by Thanksgiving and missed his picks and fell out of first.

Week One - Philadelphia (Washington)

Week Two - Cleveland (@NY Jets)

Week Three - Dallas (Dolphins)

7 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Gotcha.  

Cowboys win by 40 this week

13 minutes ago, edjr said:

Cowboys win by 40 this week

One of these weeks, Miami is gonna fall ass first into a win, and every survivor league in America will end in a tie. 

2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

One of these weeks, Miami is gonna fall ass first into a win, and every survivor league in America will end in a tie. 

That will be week 15 against the Giants, though that is a road game for them...  Maybe the Jets in week 9 if Darnold isn't back?

21 hours ago, fandandy said:

Select Deadline

eta: Resetting is fine by me.  What do you guys think?

cant tell if a decision was made..whatever works for you fandandy..thanks

52 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

cant tell if a decision was made..whatever works for you fandandy..thanks

I think in Volty's case he kinda got the green weenie.  I'll just do his picks manually until he's eliminated.  I apologize to all for setting it up wrong and hopefully, everyone else is paying attention to this thread to be sure they pick before 1 pm est on Sunday.

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:26 PM, Voltaire said:

Week Four - Los Angeles Credit Card Thieves Chargers (Dolphins)

These 2019 Dolphins are going to be the gift that keeps on giving

On 9/25/2019 at 4:45 PM, Voltaire said:

Week Four - Los Angeles Credit Card Thieves Chargers (Dolphins)

These 2019 Dolphins are going to be the gift that keeps on giving

I went out week 1,so what do I know,I am however still alive in a cash pot survivor and would not touch that game nor the Chiefs game.

6 minutes ago, nzoner said:

I went out week 1,so what do I know,I am however still alive in a cash pot survivor and would not touch that game nor the Chiefs game.

I was just looking at it putting in Volty's pick.  Nearly 50% of Yahoo picked the Chargers this week.  I'm actually going with your Chiefs, ....I think.  

Just now, fandandy said:

I was just looking at it putting in Volty's pick.  Nearly 50% of Yahoo picked Chargers this week.  I'm actually going with your Chiefs, ....I think.  

I wouldn't touch KC for the mere fact that it's Mahomes first NFL start in a dome and in college his record was 1-3 indoors.His numbers on the other hand were absurd but of course that has no bearing in survivor.

I'm not a gambler, so in Week 1, I told my brother the lines and went with his picks (because he gambles regularly - not big absurd money, but gambles none-the-less)... I 4 right.  I figured I'd do it myself in Week 2, got 10 right.  Tried my cousin for Week 3, got 5 right.  I think I'm going to rely on myself now.  LOL.  I picked Week 4, let's see how this turns out.  1-0 to start. :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm not a gambler, so in Week 1, I told my brother the lines and went with his picks (because he gambles regularly - not big absurd money, but gambles none-the-less)... I 4 right.  I figured I'd do it myself in Week 2, got 10 right.  Tried my cousin for Week 3, got 5 right.  I think I'm going to rely on myself now.  LOL.  I picked Week 4, let's see how this turns out.  1-0 to start. :thumbsup:

I entered a free pickem straight up contest though one of our local radio stations which also counts your picks towards a national contest.

Anyhow went 15-1 week 3 and won a free full auto detail for my jeep from the local part and missed getting a Mahomes Fathead because someone else went 16-0 on the national level.

11 hours ago, nzoner said:

I entered a free pickem straight up contest though one of our local radio stations which also counts your picks towards a national contest.

Anyhow went 15-1 week 3 and won a free full auto detail for my jeep from the local part and missed getting a Mahomes Fathead because someone else went 16-0 on the national level.

Good job!  I think I'd rather have the auto detail than the Fathead though.  LOL

I didn't see this thread because the title was vague so I skipped it.  Oh well.

League thoughts:

When picking NFL games, you first select the teams with good QBs and a defense that gets pressure on the QB.  The teams that do both are super bowl contenders.  The list can change as injuries occur or players break out.  Right now we've got 7 of them.  Patriots, Browns, Bills, Rams, 49ers and Packers and the Saints (with Drew Brees).  One of those 7 should win the super bowl.  The Bills are surprising me but Josh Allen is playing well and the defense is really getting pressure on QBs.  Bills are a sleeper team.  The Browns are better than what they've looked but they've faced a lot of pressure teams.  The Chiefs are a favorite but honestly the defense has fallen off a cliff.  Last year the Chiefs were able to bring lots of pressure on other QBs.  This year they are getting no pressure at all.  The Seahawks I liked last year but they are getting no pressure this year.  The Chargers are breaking my heart here because despite what looks on paper to be a stellar pass rush group, they can't pressure QBs at all.  (Case in point, DeShaun Watson had a clean pocket to do whatever he wanted in the second half and the Texans pass protection is weak, so the Texans stunned everyone with a huge comeback win in week 3).  The Eagles pass rush has been struggling as well this year.  The Ravens have a weak pass rush which many overlook.  The Cowboys pass rush has dropped off a cliff this year.  The Lions under Matt Patricia are becoming a bit like the Belichick teams in that they are fundamentally sound, well prepared and disciplined, and that is overcoming sometimes shaky QB play and a lack of pass rush and they sit at 2-0-1.  I'd be interested in seeing what Patricia could do with some more talented players but that is a discussion for another year.

Redskins+3 @ Giants - Redskins 6 - Daniel Jones first taste of strong NFL pass rush
Chargers @ Dolphins+14 - Chargers 14
Panthers+4.5 @ Texans - Panthers 1 - I'll just take the points
Chiefs @ Lions+7 - Chiefs 13 - take the Chiefs when they face a team with no pass rush
Raiders+6.5 @ Colts - Colts 7
Patriots @ Bills+7 - Patriots 9
Titans+3.5 @ Falcons - Falcons 8
Browns+7 @ Ravens - Browns 12 - take the Browns when they face a team with no pass rush
Buccanneers+9 @ Rams - Rams 10
Seahawks @ Cardinals+5 - Cardinals 5
Jaguars+2.5 @ Broncos - Broncos 2
Vikings+1 @ Bears - Vikings 3
Cowboys @ Saints+2 - Saints 11 - Dak can't handle that pass rush & Cowboys have no pass rush
Bengals+3 @ Steelers - Steelers 4

20 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Good job!  I think I'd rather have the auto detail than the Fathead though.  LOL

Oh,I would've won both (local/national)but yes I'm very satisfied with the detail.The Fathead would've been a nice addition to my Chiefs themed gameroom,of course I was going to get a Mahomes one.

On 9/16/2019 at 1:44 PM, edjr said:

1st time In my life I have made it to week 3

AAAANNNDDD done