Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

Pick'em and Survival League??

10 hours ago, Voltaire said:

You're a yo-yo.

And you're having the week of your nightmares.

Great job on survivor though :thumbsup:

It would be more challenging to only select a winning team once and only select a team to pick on once as well...

5 minutes ago, posty said:

It would be more challenging to only select a winning team once and only select a team to pick on once as well...

I don't understand the second part but you can only pick a winning team once.

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

I don't understand the second part but you can only pick a winning team once.

If you pick week 1 to have the Eagles beat the Redskins, you can't pick the Eagles as a winner any more and you can't pick the Redskins as a loser any more...  Though you can pick the Redskins to win and the Eagles to lose...

Much more challenging than just finding a team like the Redskins, Jets or Bengals every week to pick on...

13 minutes ago, posty said:

If you pick week 1 to have the Eagles beat the Redskins, you can't pick the Eagles as a winner any more and you can't pick the Redskins as a loser any more...  Though you can pick the Redskins to win and the Eagles to lose...

Much more challenging than just finding a team like the Redskins, Jets or Bengals every week to pick on...

Ah, gotcha.  I don't think that setting is possible on Yahoo.  You can't pick the same winner twice but yes, you can pick the same loser all season long.  That's a good idea though.  I was thinking of playing ff next year with my buddy and we would each draft a team weekly but you could only choose a player once for the season.

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

Ah, gotcha.  I don't that setting is possible on Yahoo.  You can't pick the same winner twice but yes, you can pick the same loser all season long.  That's a good idea though.  I was thinking of playing ff next year with my buddy and we would each draft a team weekly but you could only choose a player once.

Yeah I don't think Yahoo has that setting either...  Hey you are playing by the rules that are given...  Of course I very rarely get past week one or two, so I don't have to worry about it often...

:)

Just now, posty said:

Yeah I don't think Yahoo has that setting either...  Hey you are playing by the rules that are given...  Of course I very rarely get past week one or two, so I don't have to worry about it often...

:)

I won the last two years so this really bums me out.  Gase is the worst coach in America, I shoulda known.  I just really expected Bell to go off this week.  

3 hours ago, fandandy said:

I was thinking of playing ff next year with my buddy and we would each draft a team weekly but you could only choose a player once for the season.

We did that a couple of years ago,what's great is there is no limit to the league size.Our entry was $100 per and we ended up with 30 teams.We paid MFL to host it as their set-up for such a game is fairly decent.Would like to do it again but it was a lot of work contacting people,following up,collecting etc.

8 minutes ago, nzoner said:

We did that a couple of years ago,what's great is there is no limit to the league size.Our entry was $100 per and we ended up with 30 teams.We paid MFL to host it as their set-up for such a game is fairly decent.Would like to do it again but it was a lot of work contacting people,following up,collecting etc.

I'd be up for it here if we could get a few guys for next year.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, posty said:

It's hard enough as is now. We barely get 1/3 of us past week four as is. I've only ran the table with seventeen wins in the year of the Baltimore/San Francisco Super Bowl although every  year we do this, I'm always back to trying to re-scale that mountain. 

I tell you what though. the early weeks are tougher. if you make it this far, it gets a lot easier. By the time you're a quarter, now halfway in, it's clear who's good and who's bad. You get the sense the Jets, Dolphins, Redskins, and Bengals are only capable of beating each other and maybe pull an upset on low hanging fruit like Denver, Tampa, or the Giants. Going into week one, you don't know who to pick against. For example, at the start of the year, I'd have thought that Oakland and Arizona were going to be crap all year. Here at midseason, I wouldn't want anything to do with them anymore. I now recognize Oak and AZ as ~.500 teams that are capable of biting anyone in the ass on any given week.

15 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

So I won the survival pool? Yippee

Voltaire is still in it.  His picks are under Commissioners Note.  

12-1 ATS this week a $10 12 team parlay would've paid $6000,of course with my gambling luck I would've had the one loss in there somewhere.

On 11/5/2019 at 8:41 PM, avoiding injuries said:

The website says I won. 

Champion  🏆 

sorry Volty

I'm sure the service bots at Yahoo are impressed. Certainly nobody who reads this thread is.

You haven't won beans; shove that "sorry" up your ass and show some class.  Nobody is impressed in the slightest (yet). I have a timestamp and a dozen witnesses in this thread that saw I called Cleveland over NYJ before kickoff in the Week two MNF game. Another thing I also have is a fake trophy of my own in my Yahoo profile which I never brag about it. It's a pick 'em 'win' from eight years or so ago that by all rights belonged to shotsup. After week 17, he was in the lead, but I went ahead and submitted entries for playoffs week one and he didn't. So I passed him and he never caught up. Fake trophy.

You know what I also have in my yahoo profile? A perfect season of all seventeen weeks picks trophy, and that run went all the way to the fourth week of the Super Bowl. They modify the trophy if you run the table. That year Baltimore was a seven point underdog in the AFC Championship and I took them anyway on the road over Denver, then took SF in the Super Bowl and finally lost.

Why don't you try for one of those? I know I've been trying to get there every year ever since As it stands, your trophy is based on a pair of data entry glitches and is meaningless until you or I are eliminated.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I'm sure the service bots at Yahoo are impressed. Certainly nobody who reads this thread is.

You haven't won beans; shove that "sorry" up your ass and show some class.  Nobody is impressed in the slightest (yet). I have a timestamp and a dozen witnesses in this thread that saw I called Cleveland over NYJ before kickoff in the Week two MNF game. Another thing I also have is a fake trophy of my own in my Yahoo profile which I never brag about it. It's a pick 'em 'win' from eight years or so ago that by all rights belonged to shotsup. After week 17, he was in the lead, but I went ahead and submitted entries for playoffs week one and he didn't. So I passed him and he never caught up. Fake trophy.

You know what I also have in my yahoo profile? A perfect season of all seventeen weeks picks trophy, and that run went all the way to the fourth week of the Super Bowl. They modify the trophy if you run the table. That year Baltimore was a seven point underdog in the AFC Championship and I took them anyway on the road over Denver, then took SF in the Super Bowl and finally lost.

Why don't you try for one of those? I know I've been trying to get there every year ever since As it stands, your trophy is based on a pair of data entry glitches and is meaningless until you or I are eliminated.

You know what you don’t have? A 2019 Pick’em Trophy. 

🏆 

• Haha 1