Sign in to follow this  
vgperu

3 rookiesI REALLY like.....

Justice Hill Baltimore RB.....Thunder and Lighting....in the same bottle....check out his college days at Oklahoma State....replace C. Carson as #1 RB there At 18yo 

Mercole Hardman KC WR....drafted to replace T.Hill IF Hill was to be suspended....gives KC 2 very fast WRs on the outside or wherever ?.

Darwin Thompson KC RB......path to must start requires Damien Williams to miss me time....lot of mouths in KC

Your thoughts ? Our draft is Saturday,,,full point PPR league

Montgomery, Jacobs, D Samuel. 

8 hours ago, vgperu said:

Justice Hill Baltimore RB.....Thunder and Lighting....in the same bottle....check out his college days at Oklahoma State....replace C. Carson as #1 RB there At 18yo 

Mercole Hardman KC WR....drafted to replace T.Hill IF Hill was to be suspended....gives KC 2 very fast WRs on the outside or wherever ?.

Darwin Thompson KC RB......path to must start requires Damien Williams to miss me time....lot of mouths in KC

Your thoughts ? Our draft is Saturday,,,full point PPR league

I like Mecole as a gadget player.  Don't be surprised if you see him line up in the backfield at times.  Reid likes to be creative and I see him as the perfect guy to do it with.  I'm not certain how he will fare in his first year, but in dynasty, he's definitely a good guy to watch. 

The only thing that worries me about the Baltimore backfield is their defense.  For the first time in ages, the defense isn't very good.  If they are behind in the 2nd half of games, they may not be running quite as often.  I'll be shocked if Ingram can remain healthy as a full-time back (he couldn't in new orleans), so maybe you have a good strategy if Hill is the primary backup. 

I like Thomson, but I'll wait until next year if it isn't a dynasty draft.  I do not expect Williams to last the full season as the starter.  The guy won't stay healthy enough, in my opinion, so Thompson may get his shot sooner than I think.  I'm trying to not do any more drafts before Saturday afternoon.  I want to see if teams like the Chiefs pick up a RB that someone else released.  Drake would look very good there, and some others, like Yeldon, wouldn't look bad either.  Both can catch the ball.

14 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I like Mecole as a gadget player.  Don't be surprised if you see him line up in the backfield at times.  Reid likes to be creative and I see him as the perfect guy to do it with.  I'm not certain how he will fare in his first year, but in dynasty, he's definitely a good guy to watch. 

The only thing that worries me about the Baltimore backfield is their defense.  For the first time in ages, the defense isn't very good.  If they are behind in the 2nd half of games, they may not be running quite as often.  I'll be shocked if Ingram can remain healthy as a full-time back (he couldn't in new orleans), so maybe you have a good strategy if Hill is the primary backup. 

I like Thomson, but I'll wait until next year if it isn't a dynasty draft.  I do not expect Williams to last the full season as the starter.  The guy won't stay healthy enough, in my opinion, so Thompson may get his shot sooner than I think.  I'm trying to not do any more drafts before Saturday afternoon.  I want to see if teams like the Chiefs pick up a RB that someone else released.  Drake would look very good there, and some others, like Yeldon, wouldn't look bad either.  Both can catch the ball.

Does Williams have an injury history? I don't remember that being the case. I don't see why he couldn't handle a full season when random guys fill in with a ton of carries or touches all the time. 

1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Does Williams have an injury history? I don't remember that being the case. I don't see why he couldn't handle a full season when random guys fill in with a ton of carries or touches all the time. 

Dislocated his shoulder in 2017 after only 4 games I believe, then missed the rest of the games.  While only expected to miss 2-3 weeks originally, he missed the entire rest of the season.  He has only 7 total starts in his career and has been on the injury report for each of them.  So, it's hard to say if his injuries kept him on the bench as long as he was, or if he simply wasn't the best RB on the roster.  He has been listed with both hamstring and ankle injuries on the weekly injury reports throughout his career.  That may not be a true correlation to a "real" injury, but something kept him off the field.  He's never had over 50 attempts in a season and never averaged more than 3.9 ypc until his 3 game streak last year.  Something was obviously hampering him.  I'm not sure why he missed dressing for a game in 2016 as the report doesn't state, but I've read on Google he has had hammy issues enough to be on the injury report with them frequently.  This is why I'm not sold on him.  Never more than 50 carries in a season.  Never more than a 3.9 ypc average (prior to last years 50 carries) and on the injury report more often than not.  Now, his receiving stats look great for his career with the limited time he's been on the field.  He seems much more suited to be a 3rd down back than a full time guy. 

3 rookies I picked in my dynasty league:

AJ Brown - has the potential to be the #2 behind Corey Davis but Tennessee passing attack is alittle lacking.

KeeSean Johnson - having a great preseason and is best rookie WR on the team. I can see him as a #3 to start the season.

Jakobi Meyers - having an amazing preseason, lighting it up. Sadly Gordon came back and also has Harry above him. Looking like a #4 on an offense that spreads the ball around.

Again, I picked these guys up in my dynasty league. They may not make an immediate impact but I like their potential.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I'll be shocked if Ingram can remain healthy as a full-time back (he couldn't in new orleans), so maybe you have a good strategy if Hill is the primary backup. .

I have only one concern about Hill. If the Ravens keep Dixon and Gus the Bus, I think that hampers Hill's production, should Ingram go down.

Gus the Bus is a banger with proven production in that offense, and Dixon is actually a pretty talented and experienced RB (although oft-injured, admittedly).

15 minutes ago, stonewall said:

I have only one concern about Hill. If the Ravens keep Dixon and Gus the Bus, I think that hampers Hill's production, should Ingram go down.

Gus the Bus is a banger with proven production in that offense, and Dixon is actually a pretty talented and experienced RB (although oft-injured, admittedly).

There was a blurb on rotoworld that Dixon could be a potential cut.  If so, he could wind up in Houston or elsewhere.  Like you said, he is oft-injured, but talented.  Someone would take a shot on him as a backup, or possibly more. 

Even if Dixon ends up somewhere else, that bumps HIll up to a 3rd stringer.  That makes it hard for him to get touch volume short of an injury to a guy ahead of him.  He's talented, but I don't feel drafting him is a worthwhile endeavor at this time.  He's someone to watch on the WW for sure as the season unfolds.   

The Ravens used a fourth round pick on Hill and it would make very little sense to do that if you are truly happy with the backfield you have in place or if you thought the player being selected didn't offer something your team was missing at RB. This is really the first off season they are building a scheme around Jackson and his abilities. I think they saw something in Hill that will compliment Jackson and the scheme they want to run. I don't know if Hill becomes a workhorse if Ingram goes down, but I think he has a role in this offense. Edwards might be a better handcuff for Ingram, but I don't think he's a better compliment to Ingram and this offense.

Hill went to Oklahoma State, he replaced Chris Carson as number back there at 18 yo, he is a very fast and very strong runner. Baltimore runs the ball more then any other team .....Hill could be another Darwin Sproles but faster and stronger .....not worried about Dixon nor Gus, they have had their chances and done not much.....Jackson , Ingram and Hill will be fun to watch vs Miami