Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Hurricane Dorian

Dorian gonna get shoved up any geeks asse$?  I know we got some central FL geeks...any on the coast?  Cat 4 at landfall.  Yikes.

Eye is suppose to go right over me right now, but I’m far enough inland it’s never an issue. I haven’t even lost power from one of these things since 04/05 when I was still living with my parents. 

nuke it!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Eye is suppose to go right over me right now, but I’m far enough inland it’s never an issue. I haven’t even lost power from one of these things since 04/05 when I was still living with my parents. 

No big trees?  All utilities underground?

11 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

No big trees?  All utilities underground?

Nope, nothing to big. A few 10ish foot palm trees and that’s it, it’s a relatively new neighborhood. And all the lines are underground as far as I know. 

13 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Nope, nothing to big. A few 10ish foot palm trees and that’s it, it’s a relatively new neighborhood. And all the lines are underground as far as I know. 

Yep, that's great for Hurricanes.  Of course, your sinkhole problem down there DGAF.

43 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Yep, that's great for Hurricanes.  Of course, your sinkhole problem down there DGAF.

Yes sometimes backfilling a swamp just doesn't work out.

11 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Probably get hit with some of it. Could get worse of it shifts north more 

Youre pretty much middle of the state, right?

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Youre pretty much middle of the state, right?

No I’m towards the ass end of South Carolina 

14 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

No I’m towards the ass end of South Carolina 

thats right, 90s is down there.  

My inlaws are in Vero Beach, on the west side of the causeway or whatever they call it.  Basically not on the thin strip on the ocean.  Their house is fairly new and has all of the desired storm protections, and they have a generator, so they plan to stay put.  Not sure that is the smartest plan, but nobody asked me...  :dunno:

53 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

thats right, 90s is down there.  

Yea the other millennial we have here lol 

I knew a chick growing up whose name was Dorian. She was hot as hell. But I recall hearing she went into stripping or something, got into drugs, buncha tatoos etc. Too bad, she was really cute and came from a “good” family 

We are in Savannah so who knows?  Looks like next week will suck one way or another. 

Orlando, FL reporting in.  Everyone's buying gas, water and propane. The impact has been postponed a few times, changing everyone's plans. Was landfall Sun morning, then Mon morning, now it's Tues afternoon. It slowed down, which is why it's gotten so damn big sitting on that warm ocean.

Lived Orlando all my life and the worst I ever saw was Hurricane Charlie (2004) with max winds of 106 mph. Destroyed trees, roofs and pool enclosures, shut off power for several days.  We ain't used to getting hit like that in Central, FL.  We usually get lots of rain and laugh at our fellow Floridians living along the coasts.

Hurricane Dorian's max winds are currently 140 mph, making it Category 4. Three days away and moving slowly over warm water..could get bigger. When it does hit it's going to unleash God's fury on West Palm Beach. Then it's projected to head north through Central FL. 

39 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Orlando, FL reporting in.  Everyone's buying gas, water and propane. The impact has been postponed a few times, changing everyone's plans. Was landfall Sun morning, then Mon morning, now it's Tues afternoon. It slowed down, which is why it's gotten so damn big sitting on that warm ocean.

Lived Orlando all my life and the worst I ever saw was Hurricane Charlie (2004) with max winds of 106 mph. Destroyed trees, roofs and pool enclosures, shut off power for several days.  We ain't used to getting hit like that in Central, FL.  We usually get lots of rain and laugh at our fellow Floridians living along the coasts.

Hurricane Dorian's max winds are currently 140 mph, making it Category 4. Three days away and moving slowly over warm water..could get bigger. When it does hit it's going to unleash God's fury on West Palm Beach. Then it's projected to head north through Central FL. 

I was living in st Pete for Charlie. We evacuated to Orlando. Then the focker moved and went right over us.

I decided to step outside the hotel and look. Never seen a hurricane before. Fock that was crazy.

Then the ride home blew. The interstate was a parking lot, so we tried back roads. There were tornadoes everywhere. It was insane.

The next one that came, I just went back to Tennessee. Fock those things. 

3 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I knew a chick growing up whose name was Dorian. She was hot as hell. But I recall hearing she went into stripping or something, got into drugs, buncha tatoos etc. Too bad, she was really cute and came from a “good” family 

can size?  :mad:

3 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Orlando, FL reporting in.  Everyone's buying gas, water and propane. The impact has been postponed a few times, changing everyone's plans. 

Duh, just keep postponing it. :dunno:

The preppie killer, Robert Chambers, hooked up with his victim at a bar called Dorrian's on the upper east side of NYC before taking her to Central Park and killing her. 

Damn.  What a difference 24 hr makes. Now maybe just a close encounter with ConUS, but landfall still likely.    Nothing gonna save The Bahamas though.  It could look like PR after a direct hit.  

I was waiting on it to shift. It almost always shifts eastward. Looks like it’ll hit where I’m at head on next week

9 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I was waiting on it to shift. It almost always shifts eastward. Looks like it’ll hit where I’m at head on next week

Hopefully continues to shift East? You in OBX? Wonder what category we are looking at when it makes it up that way. 

Just now, BirdGang said:

Hopefully continues to shift East? You in OBX? Wonder what category we are looking at when it makes it up that way. 

I live in Charleston. Just saw we’re Jim Cantore is here today. We’re screwed. Wherever he goes the hurricane almost always hits. 

35 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I live in Charleston. Just saw we’re Jim Cantore is here today. We’re screwed. Wherever he goes the hurricane almost always hits. 

Cantore is never a good sign but hopefully it pushes East. I’m further up but could catch the edge....too early in the season hopefully it’s a miss. 

I’m looking forward to the crazy hurricane story Digby comes up with this year, really dig deep this time man, I’m probably going to be in need of some entertainment next week

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You know that the climate change idiots are praying and hoping for it to be a category 5 and slam full-steam ahead somewhere in the United States...

15 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I’m looking forward to the crazy hurricane story Digby comes up with this year, really dig deep this time man, I’m probably going to be in need of some entertainment next week

Odds his story will involve a shotgun? 

On 8/30/2019 at 7:06 AM, taco breath said:

nuke it!

As you know the highest category they have is Category 5.

It would be kind of cool to see what happens when you skip over Categories 6, 7, 8, and 9, and go directly to Category 10.

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

I don’t recall ever having any crazy hurricane stories 🤔

2 hours ago, Voltaire said:

As you know the highest category they have is Category 5.

It would be kind of cool to see what happens when you skip over Categories 6, 7, 8, and 9, and go directly to Category 10.

3 hours ago, posty said:

You know that the climate change idiots are praying and hoping for it to be a category 5 and slam full-steam ahead somewhere in the United States...

Yep and it's a total dud for mainland US. All these idiots that hoarded water, food, supplies and gas have to take back what the stores will refund. I hope theses jackwads stand in line for hours. Local HD had 31 generators, sold out. Now they will be restocking 31 generators.

1 minute ago, LOD01 said:

Yep and it's a total dud for mainland US. All these idiots that hoarded water, food, supplies and gas have to take back what the stores will refund. I hope theses jackwads stand in line for hours. Local HD had 31 generators, sold out. Now they will be restocking 31 generators.

Man Harris teeter down here already out of water. Wife and I are heading to food lion to try there as soon as we are done mattress shopping. 

Still got supplies from last years hurricane so I dont need as much water. Had to buy more liquor, Bloody Mary mix, and beer for it though. Alcohol is essential Hurricane prep supplies 

7 hours ago, posty said:

It wouldn't bother me much if it hit Washington. You know, hovered right over the capitol for a while. But those bastards would be long gone anyway.