Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Hurricane Dorian

19 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Disaster is everywhere.... hurricanes, tornadoes, blizzards, earthquakes, etc.

Detroit Michigan is the safest place in America?  .... from a mother-nature standpoint?  :dunno:

Phoenix has no disasters, although from a mother nature standpoint, there are lots of things that can kill ya.  And Arizona is one large, well-placed Cali earthquake away from being on the ocean.  :banana:

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Phoenix has no disasters, although from a mother nature standpoint, there are lots of things that can kill ya.  And Arizona is one large, well-placed Cali earthquake away from being on the ocean.  :banana:

Yea but isn’t it hot as satans ass? 

1 minute ago, Djgb13 said:

Yea but isn’t it hot as satans ass? 

No humidity. And yes, that does make a difference.

16 minutes ago, sderk said:

No humidity. And yes, that does make a difference.

Oh trust me I know it makes a difference. I live down here in the south. During the summer when you are outside and the humidity slaps you in the face is the worst. In San Antonio, wasn’t much humidity but when the temp is over 100 it doesn’t matter. It’s like baking in an oven 

my friend from florida says he loves hurricane season. 

the roads are empty so he can sell coke with impunity.

and he drives around with his landscaping gear and pull trees off of houses for bank.

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

Oh trust me I know it makes a difference. I live down here in the south. During the summer when you are outside and the humidity slaps you in the face is the worst. In San Antonio, wasn’t much humidity but when the temp is over 100 it doesn’t matter. It’s like baking in an oven 

Sacramento was having some 102 - 107 days in recent weeks. I could handle them better than the blanket of humidity that was South Carolina. I think it actually has a slight claustrophobia inducing effect. The west feels like freedom B) But SC is kinder to skin.

19 minutes ago, naomi said:

Sacramento was having some 102 - 107 days in recent weeks. I could handle them better than the blanket of humidity that was South Carolina. I think it actually has a slight claustrophobia inducing effect. The west feels like freedom B) But SC is kinder to skin.

Oh yea. You gotta get used to it down here and also plan on when you’re going outside. I try not to go outside from like 1-4 if I can help it during the summer. Otherwise, you’re looking at sweating almost instantly lol 

5 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Only thing that we’ve had today is a small light rain and that’s it. It’s stopped raining and there isn’t much wind. Looking for it to pick up later tonight. Went out to the beach to check out how it looks offshore and it’s pretty dark out that way 

Five hours can bring a lot of change under the circumstances. Update, please.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

Oh yea. You gotta get used to it down here and also plan on when you’re going outside. I try not to go outside from like 1-4 if I can help it during the summer. Otherwise, you’re looking at sweating almost instantly lol 

Problem is the air is so moist, you dont get the cooling effect of evaporation on your skin.  Theres really no relief in the shade either.  And the fukin skeeters!  Fukin southern summers are brutal. Whenever I get real hot and tired, I think about civil war soldiers and how brutal that was in the summer.  Then I drink some sweet tea.  Yee Haw!

10 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

And the fukin skeeters!  

I think he means "mosquitos" but he could also be talking about "drunks in a bar who don't take kindly to anything" or "people who enjoys jacking off in their own hair".

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Skeeter

6 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Are you referring to the 'sharpie' map?  :lol:

So I guess this is legit.  Its the White House Twitter after all.  These situations is where Trump needs a kick in the balls.  These petulant, crybaby tantrums expose him for a buffoon.  Hes playing chess when their playing checkers?  Eh...maybe not.  Just fukin let it go.  You misspoke. If he does this sh!t just to troll the left...grow the fuk up.  Theres bigger fish to fry.  I despise the moonbat left as much as anyone, but Obama would have been eviscerated for something 1/10th as stupid as this.   

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

So I guess this is legit.  Its the White House Twitter after all.  These situations is where Trump needs a kick in the balls.  These petulant, crybaby tantrums expose him for a buffoon.  Hes playing chess when their playing checkers?  Eh...maybe not.  Just fukin let it go.  You misspoke. If he does this sh!t just to troll the left...grow the fuk up.  Theres bigger fish to fry.  I despise the moonbat left as much as anyone, but Obama would have been eviscerated for something 1/10th as stupid as this.  

So, since the first time I watched this I didn't see anything stupid that Trump deserves a kick in the balls for, I watched it a second time. Then, the second time I watched it, I didn't see anything stupid either. Is it just me? I don't watch the news or weather updates, I read things. Anyway, I have no idea why this is controversial. The hurricane made a right turn and stayed out at sea and the damage was much less in Florida than feared. Isn't that what happened?

4 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Yeah, I'm heading to New Orleans next week for some work. I looked at the temperature for today and it was showing as 94 degrees. When I was there last year, I stayed in a hotel about a half a mile from the offices. Walked there in 98 degree heat, was sweating after two blocks.

Lights have been blinking on and off. Haven’t lost power yet. Real windy outside. Not raining right now but it has been. Can definitely hear the gusts through the windows 

5 hours ago, Voltaire said:

So, since the first time I watched this I didn't see anything stupid that Trump deserves a kick in the balls for, I watched it a second time. Then, the second time I watched it, I didn't see anything stupid either. Is it just me? I don't watch the news or weather updates, I read things. Anyway, I have no idea why this is controversial. The hurricane made a right turn and stayed out at sea and the damage was much less in Florida than feared. Isn't that what happened?

Did you notice the 'Sharpie" modification to the NHC cone on that map? It encompassed a small portion if Alabama.  Trump was called to the carpet the other day when he mentioned Alabama as one of the states that could be damaged.  Anyone who had been following the storm for the previous days was like "Alabama?  WtF is this guy talking about"?  So, if this Sharpie map is legit, he modified an old map to say "see, I wasnt wong".  The fact that a map that old was even shown and discussed was retarded at best.  The point is, Trump mentioned Alabama days after it had been taken off the table.  Instead of owning the mistake, he did this and altered the map.

9 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Did you notice the 'Sharpie" modification to the NHC cone on that map? It encompassed a small portion if Alabama.  Trump was called to the carpet the other day when he mentioned Alabama as one of the states that could be damaged.  Anyone who had been following the storm for the previous week was like "Alabama?  WtF is this guy talking about"?  So, if this Sharpie map is legit, he modified an old map to say "see, I wasnt wong".  The fact that a map that old was even shown and discussed was retarded at best.  

No. And I looked a third time but unlike the first two times, I blew the screen up to maximum. Maybe it's because I don't have high enough resolution. It's been an issue in the past.

34 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Did you notice the 'Sharpie" modification to the NHC cone on that map? It encompassed a small portion if Alabama.  Trump was called to the carpet the other day when he mentioned Alabama as one of the states that could be damaged.  Anyone who had been following the storm for the previous days was like "Alabama?  WtF is this guy talking about"?  So, if this Sharpie map is legit, he modified an old map to say "see, I wasnt wong".  The fact that a map that old was even shown and discussed was retarded at best.  The point is, Trump mentioned Alabama days after it had been taken off the table.  Instead of owning the mistake, he did this and altered the map.

What?

37 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

No. And I looked a third time but unlike the first two times, I blew the screen up to maximum. Maybe it's because I don't have high enough resolution. It's been an issue in the past.

When you blow it up, you can see the path and white circle showing where the hurricane might go...and then to prove his point that it might go to Alabama 'someone' added to the white circle with a black sharpie.   Just funny...  :lol:

53 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

For someone with a "natural instinct for science" he doesn't have a natural instinct for reading maps...since not one of those forecasts shows the hurricane hitting Alabama.   :lol:

9 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

For someone with a "natural instinct for science" he doesn't have a natural instinct for reading maps...since not one of those forecasts shows the hurricane hitting Alabama.   :lol:

And its just a spaghetti map of computer models.  This map in no way has been analyzed to become a forecast.

It has to kill the "climate change" people that Dorian didn't do to the Southeast United States like it did to the Bahamas...

32 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Y'all will politicize anything.  Sheesh.

sad.

5 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

It's stuff like this that would be actually funny if TDS people didn't bash every single thing even when hes right.

It actually is funny to those with a sense of humor... The fact anyone even mentions TDS tells you their state of mind revolves around politics 24/7.

What's an ABC store? :dunno:  Where the jackson's shopped?

15 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

The average humidity in San Antonio is 67.  That's pretty damned humid.

Columbia, SC is 70

Raleigh, NC is 70

Phoenix is  37.  Huge focking difference.

11 minutes ago, edjr said:

Alcohol Beverage Control

1 hour ago, edjr said:

You’ve never heard of an ABC store?

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

Alcohol Beverage Control

ABCC (I owned a fake bar, remember)

39 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Not until today, is it a thing?

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

Not until today, is it a thing?

Yea. Extremely popular. It’s just a liquor store though 

46 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

no. Me neither.

I know in Ontario, if your store sells alcohol, it cannot sell any other product. Or at least that's how it was twenty years ago. I dunno, I just know that if you want beer, you have to go to "The Beer Store." I don't know that you can get it anywhere else.

Was there a place called "hurricane alley" before the global warming hysteria? 

• Thanks 1

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:29 AM, Voltaire said:

I'm looking forward to hearing from Bill; seeing how his boat, equipment, and shop made out. You have to figure in his line of work he's right on the water. Hopefully he could move as much stuff as possible to higher ground. One silver lining is that slow-ass moving hurricane gave him plenty of time to prepare.

Isn't he out of the  Savannah, GA area?  Pretty much missed there. 

I was wondering if the waves would turn up more teef or if it would bury them more? 

I’m inland in Raleigh, NC.  Wasn’t worried about anything at all but apparently this SOB is kicking up multiple tornadoes all around.   👎 

My in laws live on the water in Beaufort, NC right by Cape Lookout.  Apparently the eye is headed their way.  Should be fine but you never know.  High Tide is at 8:00 pm so hopefully it slows down and comes through at low tide.

Either way, looking forward to TNF!!